NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti to get limited for Cryptocurrency Mining Performance Also

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 5, 2021.

1. skar

skar Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    every time i think about it, it's hard for me to believe it's actually possible, but if there's people willing to pay those scalper prices, they sure deserve to pay them.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well at the very least they aren't instant sold. So there is (some) faith in humanity, the last one with 3600 euro price tag took like 3 days to sell and this one is still going. Keep in mind the average salary here is 650 euros... o_O

3. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    What they NEED to do is to release dedicated mining cards which will obliterate standard gaming cards in hash rate. Price it at the level of Quatro, sell it like hotcakes and done. Than give the gamers standard cards for gaming and all are happy and they can cash in hard.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I 100% agree with this idea. Sadly, it won't work that way, since the chips produced then will go into those mining cards, not into gaming cards. So it won't help at all, at least as long as there's production shortages in the first place.

Solfaur likes this.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    just me doing victory laps in your neighborhood. /movealong :D

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    victory short lived, the ether limit (and it was only an ether limit) has not been worked around.