AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Wait...what? Talk about dropping a bombshell. :eek:
    Never heard of Nimz drivers before either. Why would you do this?
    I only know of the 1250 watt ZX. The 1200 watt was from PC Power and Cooling variant which was module. (LOL PC P&C was completely against module PSUs back then). Never heard of the 1200watt ZX though. But I recall the company OCZ. It was bought by another company, don't recall right now. But they had some decent DDR2/DDR3 memory back in the day. But then they started to diversify into the psu, etc. I think that was after they were bought out. But I don't recall "good things" about OCZ beyond it's DDR2/3 ram. As a matter of fact I recall people avoiding OCZ just before the brand went poof!!!

2. yeungl

yeungl Member

1250 W. I have typo
    For the driver from Nimez, here is the link: from this forum actually:

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/mod-driver-nimez-radeon-software-signature-edition.436611/unread

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I didn't read good things about that PSU back then. Everything from ripple problems to transient load problems. Overall the PSU worked though.
    But you didn't say why you are using modded drivers? Why haven't you tried to installing the original drivers to see if that would fix your problem?

4. yeungl

yeungl Member

The original driver just give me black screen even it is in idle. The modded one at lease allow me to do some work, like studying

5. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Then set a negative value for the power slider until your new psu is installed.

HD64G likes this.
  6. yeungl

yeungl Member

I will try. Thx for advice.

7. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Did you install the new VBIOS provided by MSI? It seems to have sorted out the vast majority of people's black screen issues if we can go by the reports from people on their forums. I have an MSI 6800 XT Gaming X Trio, am on the new VBIOS, and only getr a black screen in one specific senario with these drivers (Forza 4 Horizon on my HDTV HDMI @ 4K 120hz) while everything else seems to be 100% stable with a nice overclock running.

Read through this thread here.

8. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    @The Creator with my old Z-5500 via optical needs Dolby Digital which isn't supported (outputs stereo), don't have line out cables for analogue to test that way which would be best case

My headset only does stereo and 7.1 in sound properties.

9. yeungl

yeungl Member

I have the updated the vBIOS already and I am well aware that post as I also participate there as well

10. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    tier1test.jpg

"Tier 1 test" from 3DMark fails on its second pass with VRS On. "Tier 2 test" works fine - both passes.

Anyone else with this problem?

11. xubeiga

xubeiga Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Did all that. 0 changes...
    only good driver is 20.4.2 still

12. sierra

sierra New Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 6900 XT
    Same result - only Tier 2 works.

13. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I've seen problems with adapters (in that case DVI to HDMI) in the past, the less adapters the better, also there are quality differences in cables, too.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just pretend Tier 1 doesn't exist, nobody is ever going to use it anyway.

[​IMG]

15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    So it will be like DXVA-HD which has never been implemented by AMD. I remember DirectX 11 command lists too.

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    o_O

DXVA-HD was a dead-end API branch superseeded by DXVA2

DX11 Command lists are kind of double-edged sword. It can help in some scenarios, but it also can do the opposite. For details check interview with Richard Huddy - I think it was on Anandtech at about 2008

17. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    So NVidia is so stupid to implement such things and let the user choose to use them or not. :rolleyes:

Now we are waiting for "Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling" support too.

18. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yes, we are still waiting for Microsoft to finalize that feature

19. astarte.zeno

astarte.zeno Member

GPU:
    RX 5700XT
    But you do understand that most drivers that are updated from windows update (inc. amd gpu drivers) have HAGS enabled? (in case of windows 10 beta channel)
    So why amd makes 2 drivers:
    one for amd.com with lower driver version and no HAGS
    second for windows update with higher driver version and HAGS enabled
    only problem with it is that bug report doesn't want to "find" driver version if it's installed from windows update, so it's harder to report any issues.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to focus at one driver instead of branching it over and over again till they either "fix" or break something again.

20. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Now my drama with crashing Quake II RTX is getting more and more interesting. I just made a test with MPT 1.3.3 and Adrenalin 21.2.3. I tried to increase the TDP. Metro Exodus benchmark:

tpw2.jpg

It hit 395W and everything was fine! With Port Royal and Boundary Raytracing benchmarks the maximum power consumption was ~361W. (without MPT the limit was 326W).

But Quake II RTX 1.4.1 still crashes even with default driver settings. :confused: