AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.3

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2021.

1. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    @The Creator I'm not experiencing this myself and can create videos with Audio on Auto / Track Disabled and it simply creates a stereo recording. I use the integrated Realtek audio sound in 5.1 mode (DTS and Dolby Digital enabled).

This is also what Nvidia Geforce Experience did on my old rig with my X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro in 5.1 - Dolby enabled, always down sampled to stereo in recordings. I always used Daniel K modded support pack for this card, far better than the Creative default drivers with many fixes and enhancements plus fixes for AM4 chipsets, have you tried?
    http://danielkawakami.blogspot.com/

Also noticed selecting Audio Boost to High increases overall recording volume which i use.

The recording quality is different compared when using my 5.1 speakers or my USB headset, headset as the source is noticeably worse quality.

@yeungl No crashes here, provide more info to assist you.
    I always select the option to do a clean install.

2. yeungl

yeungl Member

I have MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, with MSI 6800XT Trio. Every 10 minutes, computer will go black screen, and reset. Going to game, instant crash and quit. Radeon software will say "Default Radeon WattMan Settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure."
    A few games I am playing GTAV, World of Tanks, Watch Dog 1.
    All instant crash.

Then I switched back to 20.11.2, thing are being better, at lease, the 10 minutes black screen is no longer, but gaming is still no hope.

I used PassMark to test on graphic. 2D Pass, 3D Pass except GPU Compute (OpenCL ) has error and test stop.

MSI Community has a lot of discussion about that. All crying for the same problem. We tried update vBIOS. Some shows improvement, a large amount is still suffering the same problem.
    https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?...-trio-black-screen-random-signal-loss.357186/

Many of us has clean install already, still no luck. As usual, nothing constructive from MSI.

3. somemadcaaant

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    @yeungl Games crashing at start sounds like an overall system stability issue, the random signal loss is a different issue, have you tried the card in another system? Or another card in your system?

If you get the signal issue, try a new Displayport/HDMI cable, try disabling your internet/Lan/wifi on desktop, uninstalling all Radeon Software drivers with DDU and restart with default windows drivers see if you get the same issue on restart, doubt software will be an issue tho.

If you've tried the above troubleshooting then try returning the card for replacement of some kind (if you can get anything now).

The 6800 XT requires a 750w PSU and probably 850w if overclocking, not alot we can recommend for these types of hardware configuration issues unfortunately. Requires a lot of troubleshooting.

HD64G likes this.
  4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Sounds like your psu is too weak to handle your current config. List your components starting with exact model of psu.

GREGIX, somemadcaaant and HD64G like this.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the driver.

6. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Why does nobody believe that AMD has a bug? There are no bugs with my sound card drivers. I have tried normal drivers from Creative site as well as DanielK drivers (right now I'm with the last ones).

I use 6 (5.1) analog speakers (Creative GigaWorks S750), I don't use Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect with SPDIF output.

Adrenaline driver claims to be able to record multichannel audio and actually it does but with the option "Separate Microphone Track" Enabled. Somehow it can't mix multichannel audio with a microphone mono channel (some mics could be stereo). And it's funny that I don't use the microphone at all.
    Have they ever tried to record video on a multichannel configured sound system?!? And it happens not with some weird (not well tested) combination of settings, it happens with the default Radeon settings. And of course - no errors at all.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  7. somemadcaaant

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    @The Creator No no I just stated I'm not experiencing what your experiencing. You definitely have an issue somewhere.

I use spdif to my old Z-5500 so nothing complicated.

You're right tho the Radeon Software will record multi channel, just tested in 7.1 mode on my headset.

upload_2021-3-4_23-56-12.png

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    This most certainly reads like a power delivery issue. As what is highlighted in bold/underline is a direct result of it.
    As already suggested you either need a 750Watt or better PSU (Gold or higher rating IMO). Also, check to make sure you are using 2 separate pcie cables for each connection.

As AMD has a tendency to mess with power delivery from one driver to the next. IE: VRam Timings, etc but don't include that bit of information in the release notes.

Right now, for whatever reason, memory clock rates are 6Mhz lower then default for me. No matter what I set it to it will always be 6Mhz lower. And it's been that way since December 2020. Because of that bug is why I can confirm they do it.

Edit:
    Another thing...I never, ever, not even once consider MSI AMD cards. For whatever reason I've read issues with that brand.

Edit 2 From the link:
    LoooL,
    Let me guess:
    The local store isn't using a 650watt psu?
    They have better power delivery at the wall socket?
    They are using 2 separate pcie cables for the the video card?
    They have a better HDMI/DP Cable? Or, simply provide better connectivity?
    Reasons?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FYI: Not everything is a AMD driver problem. Somethings? Sure but not all the things.

somemadcaaant, PrEzi and GREGIX like this.
  9. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Yup.
    650W is not enough here. 750W is bare minimum. 850W rather recommended, gold rated.
    Radeon cards(and new 3x00 nvidias too) tends to spike wattage way above official specs. Like 3090 can spike 500W+ on default. Watch any 6800/6800xt review where reviewer actually took time and measured in game/system power usage and 6800xt can spike 350W? While average power consumption(card only) while gaming is 294W+ for non reference cards.

somemadcaaant likes this.
  10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yup, since AMD has already addressed the BS issue now a days it's usually 1 of 3 reasons why the issue is still occurring:
    1. Power Delivery issue: Be it the PSU, power at the wall socket, or use of a defective power strip. Or, the user isn't using 2 separate PCIe connectors.
    2. The card itself: Be it that it needs a new bios, circuitry issue or the actually HDMI/DP connectors are faulty
    3. The cable used is defective which requires replacement.

IMO, the above is more likely the culprit to that condition then just blaming drivers out right. As I've not found any "mega" threads complaining of that issue with the 6000 series.

But since that user took it back to the store and stated he had no problems indicates that under the correct conditions the PC works fine. Therefore, his 'Home Environment' isn't the "correct conditions". ;)

somemadcaaant and PrEzi like this.

11. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    It's getting weirder and weirder. o_O

Just because I saw 7.1 speaker configuration on your system, I decide to change my configuration from 5.1 to 7.1. And guess what! Everything works fine! :confused:
    No problem with 7.1 configuration. I changed it back to 5.1 and I can't record anymore (with the default settings)
    As I mentioned before - no problem to record 5.1 if I change "Separate Microphone track" from Disabled (default) to Enabled even I don't want to record the mic at all.

So definitely it's a bug in AMD drivers. At least they should report an error.

I'm curious to see what will happen to your system if you change your 7.1 speaker configurations to 5.1. Can you make a quick test to record 5.1 if it's possible, please?

P.S. I just found this: Using 5.1 Surround Disables Adrenaline 2020 Recording
    To me, that means that AMD is not going to fix it soon. :(

12. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Many people were reporting black screen issues with RX5xxx navi cards, reason was the same: people who were having these issues had not powerful enough and/or pretty old PSUs. Reviewers who most of them have high wattage and high efficiency PSUs were unable to reproduce black screen issues as their PSUs were more than capable. For example hardware unboxed youtube channel guys were trying to reproduce the problem and they were unable to do that as they are using very high quality PSUs.

Users were blaming amd driver (because of myth of amd drivers being "bad") while problem lies on too weak or too old PSUs.

HD64G and somemadcaaant like this.
  13. xubeiga

xubeiga Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    can you guys believe that i cant use any other driver besides 20.04.2?
    if i use any other drivers (adrenalin or pro) in some games my GPU doesnt go to 100% and i have a lot of fps drop.

I have a Vega 56 Nitro+ and this happened to me in 2 games: Ori and the will of the wisps and now in Tomb Raider (2013).
    in a lot of areas in the game i had fps drops and the gpu not beeing full utilized, like 60 fps and my gpu on 70% of usage.

on Tomb Raider 2013 this happened in 21.1.1 and also on Pro 20.Q3 (tho in PRO i had 20 more fps in the area but gpu on 70% usage also)
    on Ori this happened with a driver from december or november 2020 (cant remember exactly version) and my fps in almost whole game was not as high as it should be and in some areas fps drops to 50-60 and gpu utilization on 60%-70% also.

When i rolled back to 20.04.2 in both games the GPU goes to 100% usage and my fps goes to as high as it should be

but now i ask: WHY?
    Will i ever be able to upgrade my drivers, since in 20.4.2 is the only driver i can get my GPU to work as it should?

HD64G likes this.
  14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Do you sign in to win10 via Microsoft account? In other words you can't fully login unless you have an active internet connection?

15. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Disagree. The drivers were the cause of the issue back in 2019.

16. xubeiga

xubeiga Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    i think i am logged on w10 with my microsoft account yes
    but about the login part, i dont know exactly
    when i restart the pc to get into secure mode (without internet connection) i can login with my PIN with no problems

but i think i am logged in windows with my microsoft account, as i can see my outlook profile picture when i click on the start menu.
    why exactly you asking this? is there a problem with this and the recent drivers?

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I suggest you do the following:
    1. Uninstall drivers
    2. Reboot
    3. Reboot into Safe Mode and use DDU (enable feature to disable driver updates).
    4. Reboot to desktop
    5. Change your Microsoft account to a local account (this may disable any updates or cloud uploads you have setup):
    1. In Start , select Settings > Accounts > Your info.

2. Select Sign in with a local account instead. You should be able to create a PW.
    5. Install latest drivers. Reboot as needed.

18. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Just to inform any1 intrested in z390/490 and BAR functionality.
    Can confirm findings from tomshardware, ie I see boost in RDR2 and Forza Horizon 4 (do not own and do not wanna other games tested there).
    So, Bar disabled Forza Horizon has in built in benchmark, ultra, mssa 2x(I think this is default for this game) 6800xt@2400Mhz FPS:
    Min -226.4, average 260.8, max 328.8
    Bar on:
    262.9, 301.9, 372.8
    Similar story with RDR2:
    36, 122.8, 164.4 versus 80(or83), 131, 176
    Z390 gaming edge ac, 8086k@5.1Ghz@1.32V and 4*8Gb Teamgroup 3200c14@3800 15-15-15-33 (was using g.skill 2*16Gb 3800c14, results was the same +/- 0.5%)

So yeah, when it works it works. I am not concerned about eventual 1-2% performance degrade in some titles. It is almost in margin of error, or would have same result with BAR off with say 3200c14-3600c15 ddr4.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    HD64G likes this.
  19. xubeiga

xubeiga Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56
    you think this should fix the prolem with recent drivers not using all % of the GPU sometimes?
    ok i will try that

20. yeungl

yeungl Member

Well, my PSU is a shamefully old OCZ ZX 1200W. 10 years old now.
    Therefore, I prepare a new Corsair RM850x.

One thing this happens:
    The MSI 6800XT has 4 Ports (1 HDMI and 3 DP). My monitors are two x 10 years old with HDMI port only. So I have both monitors connect through DP with a DP>HDMI adaptor (active) via old HDMI cables.

When both monitors plugged in, when launch a game, it crashed.
    When connect both monitors through DP and HDMI, it crashed.
    When connect only 1 monitor through DP (with adaptor), it crashed.
    When connect only 1 monitor through HDMI (with old cable), it crashed.
    The fun part begin:
    When connect both monitors through DPs with HDMI 2.1 cables with adaptors, it's OK!
    When connect both monitor through DP and HDMI with 2.1 cables, it crashed
    When connect only 1 monitor through DP (with adaptor via HDMI 2.1 cable), it's ok!
    When connect only 1 monitor through HDMI (with HDMI 2.1 cable), it's ok.!

Notice: I am using NimZ's driver

HD64G likes this.