Sony PS4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 7, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah the hole of my system was void of dust including the fan even, when I re did the thermal pasted, fan just as loud as day I got it 8+ years ago.

I started up my ps3 other day with the intention of finish nioh2 story line, with minute i was like why does it feel like gamemode is off on my tv, I then look at my tv setting and gamemode was on , so I turned off and saw no difference turn it on again same thing, The day prior I started up castlevania requiem and played some of SotN and though the controls where lil delayed didnt think much of cause it ps1 game, but Nioh 2 felt the same.

I went to play a few game on my PC with controller (even though it it wired) and everything played fine so gamemode on the tv was working fine. I went back to my ps4 and disconnected the controller from bluetooth and reconnected and shut the system down and left, I gona trying again and see if it fixed, any ever deal with the controller suddenly feeling like it has delays in commands, Which only time I ever been aware of delay between controller and what happens on TV was when gamemode on tv was off.

any one ever have something similar happen to the controller? I definitly feel somthing is wrong and see it when moving the camera around in game.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not entire sure what fixed it but yesterday I Rebooted my tv while I reset controller to ds4 with lil pin whole, since then it been working correct, Only thing out normal I do is charge ds4 with with a usb charge by my bed with with ds4 usb cable that I been doing for few years now, gona see it all is right after it done charging if input lag is back i gona assume there issue is charger or the cable? hope it not ds4 internal issue cause by charging.

3. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Finally decided to repaste the pro. Now to see if it makes a difference in noise.

20200810_152948.jpg

Keitosha, Serotonin and anxious_f0x like this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @Alex13

I would be most intrested if that made diffrence for you in noise of the fan.

I repasted my CH-1116a few months back there was no dust in system it shockenly devoid of dust for something that 6+ years old ( get more dust in my pc after year and my pc case has dust filters), when I got the cpu/gpu/soc what ever you want to call there was paste on, repasted it and closed back up. it didnt make any difference in fan noise. it might run lil cooler but i cant really tell. I still convinced the OLDER ps4 fan speed was dictated by load vs temp and at some point it switched to temp. this ignoring the fact sony has 2 diffrent manufactur making fans the of the system one which louder the the other.

5. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I've only done ~1hour in Ghost of Tsushima and I could tell the fan was spinning lower. No short ramp-ups like it used to with Ghost, so more consistent without any so far of the typical big jet engine moments (tho they weren't really a big issue with this game specifically as it's more situational here unlike say GoW). That said, only a short session so hard to say with 100% certainty. Kinda wish i'd done it earlier for LastofUs2 tbh.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have come to conclusion of my TV/PC (even when it running hour upon hours gaming) and PS4, The PS4 is the worse of the bunch when come to heat being dumped in my room when the jet engine kick in its dumping insane amount heat in my room and after 2 hours i can start feel the heat difference in my room.

PC which running all day along with tv. and even when the pc is running a game and pretty much full load for same ammount time ps4 would be running more heat is coming from ps4. the HS is that ps4 is insufficient (yes i seen it size and size of actual console there it can be only so big) and no fan will ever make up for that, which why the fan run full tilt it need to remove that heat from system it been like that since day one..Really hope ps5 solves this issue

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    While old post... That's probably it. My 1200 model has never had its internals opened up. It's from Christmas 2016 or 2017. Can't remember but it's had a lot of usage and the fan doesn't make much noise.

You'll sometimes hear the fan kick up a few notices in certain game menus but it's never annoying. Gameplay you'll hardly hear anything unless in a completely dead room.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    • PlayStation and Insomniac Games will make Ratchet & Clank PS4 available for free download for a limited time through PlayStation Store from March 1 at 8pm PST / March 2 at 4am GMT / 5am CET to March 31, 2021 at 8pm PDT* / April 1 at 4am BST / 5am CEST.
    • Once you redeem the game, it will be yours to keep. This 2016 PS4 action-adventure hit from Insomniac Games revisits the origin stories of these beloved PlayStation heroes and features a great mix of outrageous combat and comedy.
    No PSN+ required

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    To be more precious it was probably fan speed was controlled by wattage use and not load or temp, at lest that how i see atlest for my model, which i know some GPU manufacture do but this is just my theory.

I thought moving my games from internal ps4 drive external T5 made the ps4 quieter, but I just release it just cause my room is very cold most the time, cause it winter talking low 60's as apposed to normal 75" it kept it during none winter months

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Ratchet & Clank is now free!

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I remember trying the demo or something like that a while back on the PS4. The difficulty is surprising high, somtimes frustratingly so.

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Hmm I never had a problem with it. sure it had some challenge, but i like that in games honestly. Most games are too easy these days.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Tried redeeming it i get some error

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Free, my fave price, i will dust of the pro and grab this, is it a plain PS4 game or does it have Pro enhancements?

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yes it has enchancements.

16. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Oh well, it would be rude not to grab it, now i just need to dig it out of the box again, oh what we will do for free stuff that we will no doubt never touch. lol

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It's a good idea. It keeps the hype for the new game in people's minds.

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I remember reading an article or a forum post that says something like "Sony saved 1 or 2 cpu cores for 1st party devs so their games can look better than 3rd party games"

i couldn't find it given it was a long time ago when i read it

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i don't want to be rude so i will take them, they can sit alongside the last one, that clank game and the one before that, Knack was it, and maybe one day i will get round to playing them, and i have the disc version of HDZ, never really got into it, looked nice on the pro but it was a bit of a yawn feast....but free if free, i might check them out when i get a PS5 in 2023. lol