Afterburner's Sytem Tray icons font options

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by MarcsA, Mar 1, 2021.

1. MarcsA

MarcsA Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    i have been through the Afterburner and RTSS options a few times and i can't seem to find a way to alter the font of the numbers displayed in the System Tray, or to assign them to follow my current OS system theme.

if this is possible, can someone please explain where in the setting's menus this option is located?

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    tray-icons are pixelbased hard coded icons

3. MarcsA

MarcsA Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    that seems pretty stupid that every number that is read and displayed would be a hardcoded pixel based image rather than just using regular fonts.

using HWinfo gives the option for the same system tray "icons" for live system data that gives a choice of regular fonts or to just use your existing system theme.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I’m pretty sorry for providing my pretty stupid solutions in pretty free software. Always nice to see pretty pleasant feedback from pretty smart 1-post newbies.

5. MarcsA

MarcsA Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    and I accept the apology that I'm sure isn't actually some weak sarcastic comment.

even though Afterburner is awesome software in some ways. taking justified criticism for options that could\should be improved is a part of releasing your work out in the public arena.

and you know joining some low budget forum after 20+ years of computing and engineering must make you a "newbie".

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Too bad that your 20+ years experience didn't teach you tou to see a differentce between justified criticism and your smart comments about "pretty stupid" MSI AB implementation. Feel that this place is a low budget forum? Maybe you'll search for some better place where you can post your wisdom then? Closed.

7. MarcsA

MarcsA Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    and if someone here read correctly, they would hopefully see that my original reply was also a sarcastic comment directed toward the "Master_Guru" Andy_K, who stated that the readouts were just static icons due to not understanding the difference between system & application icons vs Afterburner or other statistic readouts in the System Tray. hoping the comment would spark the member's mistake.
    and that following comments were also sarcastic and geared towards your panties being in a bundle over it.

8. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I think you're going to need 60. ;)

MarcsA likes this.
  9. MarcsA

MarcsA Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    well aren't you a tough wittle baby, yes you are, sticking your nose into stuff that doesn't apply to you...how cute.";)"

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is going nowhere fast.

11. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    If you would have used search function, you would have come to an answer unwinder himself gave for the question if it would be possible to use other fonts. There he stated that system tray font is an image map.
    I wasn't guessing but recalling from memory.
    You can be sarcastic and offensive as you want, it won't help you.

12. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    really fast.
    And i always feel somewhat bad about the fact that i find this a little entertaining