Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG]

Should be on the roadmap though also with other additions like Tourist mode or History mode again I'm fairly certain I've seen mentioned so if there's other leaks they might have some further details.

Beowulf and a couple of other additions was part of the gold edition as the usual extra side quest or quest chain so Wrath of the Druids and then Siege of Paris likely as the main event.
    First content for Fenyx Rising should be out in a few days but I guess Valhalla is taking a bit more time for it's packs plus "New God" seems like a dungeon or challenge pack so probably less content or smaller sized than Lost Gods which features the ones that weren't popular enough for the main game or the Eastern Realm because some reason or another for Fenyx to visit ancient China.

Haven't found much of any info about Wrath of the Druids either, some talk about Siege of Paris has been done though so a little bit of info was revealed on what's going on there.
    Come to think of it wasn't Ireland featured in Druids.

Part of a new island in that case or a even more compressed somewhat-Ireland like what Valhalla did with Pseudo-England as far as I've heard from some of the comparisons done. :D
    Could be interesting too, think it's technically Christened historically by the point the game takes place but the cover image appears to be more Pagan so Ubisoft probably doing a bit of their own thing with the setting.

Wonder what the free content will be, looks like boat, two boats and back to Norway from the teaser images after the Holiday one.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I noticed they added achievements in now for the PC version, was anything done about the difficulty imbalance? IE the game is stupidly easy even on the highest difficulty?

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I would think they need better AI for that and they've been tuning it to make things like stealth a bit easier still so other than having additional hit points and some other scaling modifiers I would say no.
    Enemy composition isn't the best either the monasteries in the high-level regions maybe some of the cities are where you'll occasionally find a tougher group otherwise there's one or two big-dudes you know the more specialized units besides the standard lower or mid tier that can be tricky but usually isn't a challenge.

You also have all the options and traversal modes available a ton of incredibly over powered abilities that can be upgraded further and ~400 or so passives plus mastery levels after that in addition to fewer but all fairly equal weapons and armors that can be upgraded to just work against pretty much everything.

EDIT: Actually even with monasteries, castles or the cities the spread of enemies usually also means you face one or two at most like the two standard bearers around the gates in cities.

The recurring weekly opal mission to poke this one dude with the blade (But for a 20 reward not a 5 as the usual bounty.) is about as tough as it really gets for this game because he always has three of these viking heavies around so that's a little bit different.

4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    That's a shame, you have it where doing raids single handedly is piss easy on the hardest difficulty, even in a region of a higher ranking, but then of course there's those Draugrs who kill you with 2 shots...

5. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    How does this compare in map size to Odissey?

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Valhalla map size is supposedly larger then Odyssey but to me it felt smaller.

Doesn't matter though. Valhalla is the superior game

pedropaulo likes this.
  7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Gotta say - yes the map feels big enough - but it feels more empty than in Origins & Odyssey for some reason.

There are animals and resources and groups of enemies roaming about but the landscape kinda looks the same no matter where you go. Some regions have more snow, that is all.

Personally the motivation for this game has been going down for me and now i dont even feel like starting it up atm. Meh. :p

pedropaulo likes this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Not finished Odyssey or Origins, but around 20-30% size of Valhalla map is nothing, just mountains and animals.

pedropaulo likes this.
  9. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Honestly i´m enjoying Odyssey very much. It as is faults like repetitive missions, but the game is gorgeous and there is always quests to do main or side.
    Also runs great, if Valhala is at the same level i´m going to get it soon

10. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I don't feel the emptiness many say when travelling, I think it has as much as it should for the reason to enjoy the actual landscape which is immersive as it is.

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    This is because you follow places where something should be (follow the quests) but once you are done with main quest + Order, you realize how much empty space was left on the map without at least anything interesting to see (well maybe the scenery to enjoy) and neverending aggroing wolves :p or cursed places or bandits hidden in the bushes.

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No one noticed all the downgrades in gfx after the latest 2 or 3 patches ?
    Game looks like a blurry mess now compared in its vanilla state.
    Worser draw distance, lower-res textures, vaseline smearing effect etc etc.
    This was not the case how i remembered when i finished the game in the end of november 2020.
    Might be just me i dont know but i knew something was different compared to this day.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I dont see any difference.

14. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Combat in Odyssey is way better than Valhalla in terms of difficulty balancing, you can actually make the game challenging.

darrenj likes this.
  15. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Passus likes this.

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Not the kind of update I was expecting.. Kinda meh to be honest

Witcher29 likes this.
  17. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    I really wish they would stop with their level / power scaling "abuse". My character is much weaker at the new 406 power cap than they were at 400 power. So I just end up feeling penalized for getting the new skills, its just annoying at this point.

And in my attempt at doing the raiding missions for the new armor & weapons. My raiding party are all level 3 vikings, and these npc companions are so much more powerful than my own character can ever be. They just run in and one-shot wreck everything.

18. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    While I like the game. Its immense, compact for a small area of west England. I liked Unity and Odessy more. The scenery is beautiful end immersive. But the character modeling is so outdated, seems like the same movement engine over and over for several games now. Ubisoft uses Frostbite engine for Division 2, which is a lot lot lot better. Why not use that for the next Assassins Creed Japan?

pedropaulo and JonasBeckman like this.
  19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Ubisoft uses Snowdrop engine for The Division.

darrenj likes this.
  20. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    West
    yeah! Snowdrop, that’s what I meant, snowdrop. Of course