Review: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact chassis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We’re taking a look at the new Fractal Design MESHIFY 2 COMPACT, a mid-tower PC chassis with a mesh front design that supports good airflow. It focuses on flexibility and space-efficiency to maximiz...

Review: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact chassis

2. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    The review seems to indicate this is an excellent case but the verdict only giving the lowest tier of award "Approved" (other than no award). I would have thought this would have received "recommended" at least after reading through the review. There only dissatisfaction in the review appears to be the fan hub and price increase from previous generation. Is this what knocked it down to "Approved"?

buhehe likes this.
  3. Captain_Hook

Captain_Hook Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 Ti AIO
    If it would appear on the market like one year ago, it would fully deserve the "Recommended" award. Now, with this (fierce) competition, the price, and lack of some features like a fan hub or the GPU support bracket (+ it's not as compact as the predecessor) - for me, it deserves the "Approved" award. Still, this is a good one.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have the Meshify S2 are the front panels inter changeable? As I need a new front panel and cant find a meshify s2 front panel on their site?

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Missing option for vertical GPU orientation.

6. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Only one minor correction: the front can have a 240 radiator also, as it can have a 280, and a 360...I am looking for a deal on this chassi, and when I find one, its a sure buy.

7. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    Nope, there is several brands that does vertical GPU mounts, that it can use, one brand, forgot who it was, even have one for SLI/Crossfire.
    I use the coolermaster one myself, in a chassi that has no "built-in" vertical opening. And I didn't cut away the metal strips between the slots either.

8. thesebastian

thesebastian Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Waterblock
    This could be my next case when upgrading to a DDR5 PC in the future.

Right now I have an Evolv ITX case watercooled. But I'm looking forward to add a 3rd radiator and better airflow in my next build.

9. ezpzTP

ezpzTP Guest

GPU:
    970 GTX x2 / 4GB
    I hate that theres a layer in between the fan and outer mesh at the top. I have the meshify s2 and I can barely feel any exhaust coming out of the top. I feel like it just goes back into the case because of that layer in between. There should nothing in between like the rear exhaust.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Tell it to all cases which have no fully removable PCIe covers and people which actually use extra USB ports.

11. danny69t

danny69t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 Super 4GB
    I have the same case. You can remove the foam filter from the top and front. I removed the top one in my case as i don't see it making much sense to have a filtered output.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  12. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    well,theoretically it won't let the dust from inside circulate back in the room and in your case,but in practice if the front filter does its job then top is redundant
    got two filters on my p600s
    front has to be cleaned every month but top has always been clean.

13. Soulanalyzer

Soulanalyzer Member

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    Desent case! Not something special but everything in order. I liked the meshy look!

14. danny69t

danny69t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 Super 4GB
    It is a computer case not an air puriefier/filter for the room :p

Fox2232 likes this.
  15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    for me it's both
    top exhaust is for cooling my phone when it's on turbocharge

danny69t likes this.

16. V3RT3X79

V3RT3X79 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    Fractal Make very good cases .... i have the Fractal Define 7 XL because i needed a case that can take the EK Coolstream 480 XE 480 mm Radiator and it fit on top very well with 8 120mm fan in push-pull configuration and i love this case :D

17. FrancisPH

FrancisPH Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 2080s AMP
    Looks like Darkflash dlx21 mesh with a better dust filter and without a hinge.

18. Micas99

Micas99 Member

GPU:
    Liquid cooled 4090
    I'm considering the mid size version of this case. I have two radiators, a 360mm (CPU) and 240mm (GPU). What I was thinking was to mount the GPU rad at the front of the case blowing out, and reverse the fan on the back of the case to blow into the case. That the preferred method for that configuration? I'm also considering the NZXT H710i mid and the Fractal Define 7 mid. Suggestions? Thx

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    In Meshify C TG which is very similar, I can mount 360mm on front, and up to 280mm on top. Top 240mm is more realistic as 280mm may collide with heatsinks on VRMs of MB.

Issue with two rads and back intake is lack of air filters. As those are in front, bottom is bit worse and you can use that filter like thing on top.