Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by angelgraves13, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    So Epic is advertising that Bloodlines 2 will be available 12/01/2021.

I have a feeling the longer it is delayed the better.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    That looks like placeholder date.

3. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Not bizarre at all. This is basically happening to every single major project out there and most of the smaller ones that get any attention, gaming or otherwise, to some extent. It's people with very little creative talent and too much control wanting to preach their political and philosophical views in an attempt to cash grab or self validate. Instead of making something amazing and just being grateful and hardworking they choose the squeaky wheel route because it requires less work and draws more attention to themselves as "leaders".

TLDR: Its an extreme trend right now in creative fields to substitute doing your job with broadcasting your beliefs.

Backstabak likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Definitely a placeholder date.

Even with delays, I've lost pretty much all faith in this game delivering anything.

toyo likes this.

5. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    second game is probably going to be available in 2022. meanwhile im going to install the first game after years and do another run. i missed the game a lot.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Don't forget the unofficial bug fix mod!

I think this is the correct one? gosh I haven't looked in so long...

https://www.nexusmods.com/vampirebloodlines/mods/80

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    so still vaporware, bet they can crap out some more novels tho somehow.

8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    yeah of course, always used it, maybe not on my first time i played Bloodlines. it is a must have patch, im using a different direct website, the guys that worked on it are still updating the unofficial patch to this year. game is so f***ing good i am excited to play it all over again.

9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 Delayed Past 2021, Developers Removed From Project, Preorders Halted.

toyo, fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  10. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    So essentially the "remove everyone unfitting" snake has turned full Ouroboros and consumed itself wholly.

Congratulations, now PDX has to find another developer to pick up the pieces and glue them together. Whenever the game will come out it will be at the very least severely outdated visually, hopefully that will be the only woe and the game itself won't be a frankenstain of pieces made over last 6 years loosely glued together to make a "game".

Backstabak and cerebus23 like this.

11. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i started a play like a month ago. the first game is by far superior to today's written narratives. the voice acting is insane, i mean.. Sopranos level insane. so im just doing everything there is to do, already reached Chinatown and yeah.. i don't see how the second game will deliver. no possible way to be half as good when all this crap is happening and lead writers are not in the project anymore. what a fu**ing waste.

toyo and cerebus23 like this.
  12. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    At this point it's kinda moot to even discuss but i liked how Mitsoda did couple voiceovers in VTMB himself.
    Supposedly he was going to do same in BL2 but got removed off project entirely.

Gotta love office politics.

cerebus23 likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea we can release 5 visual novel and a werewolf game or few.

but the game we supposed to be making? oh well.

coc likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What.... they are saying they are replacing the developer.

Am I understanding this correctly?

15. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Kind of.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Yes, Hardsuit has been pulled away from the project.
    They confirmed next studio will be working from the basis that HL has built so it's not a reboot of any sorts. It will be like Duke Nukem Forever, where over the years essentially couple studios stitched together a single game.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

This does not instill excitement.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It might be a good thing to have another studio with fresh ideas.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    They are saying they've fired the developer. But have made no comment on if they've found a new one.

Not an accurate comparison at all.
    3DR handled all development of DNF. After the 2009 lay off, former 3DR staff kept developing the game on their own, from their homes.

GBX bought the IP, but did no development. The only work done by anyone outside of 3DR was porting it to consoles and making the MP.

20. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I highly doubt this is about "ideas", i would wager the game is mostly done and whatever isn't done at this point would be just stubbed.
    They want someone to just come in and pick up the pieces and glue them together in a seemingly functional fashion.

I doubt PDX would fund the game development for more than another year, so when you have a new studio walking in on someone elses codebase, assets, designs and story i highly doubt they'll be adding much to it on their own.

Pretty much i would bet on scenario where they hope for whoever stepping in to just pick up everything that has been made so far, arrange it, polish off the rough edges and ship it ASAP.

My expectation is that the game will be horribly uneven visually and content/feature wise, but hey - prove me wrong Paradox.