GeForce 461.51 HOTFIX drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Feb 5, 2021.

1. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Sigh ... new day new problem

After what i suspect was the last Windows Update (i am now on 20H2) i am now getting blackscreens on my RTX 3080 during gameplay. I am on 461.51.
    It doesn't crash, there is no event log, sound doesn't cut out, the monitor simply does not receive a signal for about 4 seconds.
    Monitor is a Dell AW3418DW running at 120hz

I have traced it to GsynQ - with Nvidias Pendulum Demo it is extremely reproducible. I launch it, screen dies after a second, comes back after 4, repeat endlessly.
    If i use that one second to click GsynQ off the problem stops immediatly.

I was gaming just fine yesterday. No hardware or software changes. Other than windows update i guess.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Looks like a Display port issue, i had the same problem, i switched to Hdmi output and the problems solved

3. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Had this monitor on this cable for years. I'm fairly certain i have to use DP for WQHD and 120hz, too. HDMI will lock the monitor to a lower refresh rate.

4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yeah then you have a lower refresh that's true, maybe a new DP cable will help, i dont think it is a driver issue

5. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    I'm trying to understand your logic, i really am, but whaaat? Are you trying to tell me my DP cable has gone bad? From what? Too many bytes flowing through it? Electronic fatigue??

6. jimpsar

jimpsar Guest

GPU:
    6900xt MERC 319 XFX
    Totally agree with this . HAGS caused stutter and furthermore many CTD's in Valhalla , H zero Dawn etc.
    Put it off and my issues gone

BoxChevy likes this.
  7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Same here, HAGS off and I could play Valhalla and SotTR for hours fully stable, while with HAGS on it would crash after 5 minutes of gameplay or less..
    2080 Ti here, so it's not just with 3000 series

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    FreeSync is completely broken for me on this driver, and might have been earlier but I didn't notice. It doesn't work at all in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, so I figured maybe it was just that game, but I just booted up Death Stranding which it definitely worked in, and it's busted.

Edit: For the record it seems adaptive sync in SottR is completely borked, there's reports it was fixed in a patch but some people still report it not working after.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  9. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Strange, HZD used to crash for me with HAGS off. This was a while ago though, many patches have been released since then.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    HAGS/Game Mode/GameBar should be off.

MaBo974, loracle, Aldek and 1 other person like this.

11. Martin.v.r

Martin.v.r Active Member

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1200/1500
    this driver i bad ,can not use
    CSGO 4:3 Resolution (1280x960 Stretched)

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not new to THIS driver, and STOP CHEATING

Aldek and Xman01 like this.
  13. SShooter

SShooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Black
    Same here. Scaling just reverts back in Nvidia panel when pressing apply.

ALSO: This driver is only using 100Hz in surround. I can't get 120Hz.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    You're dual display, yes? My EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 idles at 13.xxW which is no big deal. Single display 240Hz. Think I was originally on 461.09.

I've been reading lots of complaints in this thread and decided to try these drivers due to the desktop sporadic flicker fix? that I've so far not seen in two days.

The biggest complaint being the stutters and sound popping which I haven't seen after hours of gaming. I don't know why but Division 2 seems smoother on these for me. Granted there are still server stutters but that is not related to the drivers. That started around TU11. 2 - 3 ish months ago or so. They (Ubisoft/Massive) has never fixed that. Some days are better than others.

Then someone said they're getting black screens after installing this driver.

Funny/weird the experiences so many others has, going by them if I was only reading this and never trying it I would have came to the conclusion this is a very bad driver. It seems there are a lot of gremlins in some peoples setups or software combinations.

15. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Man i don't know. I re-enabled GsynQ today and ran a short pendulum test and there was no problem.

I hope the monitor's GsynQ hardware isn't dying or something. I'll leave it enabled for now and i'll see.

16. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Can someone over here confirm if you are running with these drivers HWiNFO,HWiNFO 6.43 have quite large memory footprint or memory leak(I'm getting close 2GB) in Task Manager

Thanks,Jura

17. mordan

mordan Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080SC ACX3
    It's normal for me, around 40MB memory footprint.

upload_2021-2-18_21-33-30.png

jura11 likes this.
  18. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Try disabling all the specific HW sensors that some MB have, they are high polling/resource-heavy.

19. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I have tested few previous HWiNFO and no issues and memory footprint hace been quite low or reasonable as above @mordan posted but with latest Nvidia or HWiNFO I'm seeing very high memory footprint in 2GB range, trying now latest beta and memory footprint is around 400mb

Will try few other drivers and other HWiNFO versions, it will be quite long night hahaha

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I was seeing around 30mb with 4.62 release and NV 461.40 on my end.