Ryzen Power Plan..

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadex, Feb 10, 2021.

1. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Hola. I installed a new chipset driver from AMD for Ryzen CPU to enable Ryzen Power Plan (performance-wise) - loved it so far. However, I am unable to put my computer to sleep (even if it's timed for 10 minutes, less or more). Monitor turned off just fine, not the PC.

Do let me know. Anyone experienced this issue? And besides, I am unable to change other plans (i.e. balanced plan) since the apply button is greyed out.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    In Sleep tab, is allow wake timers enabled?

If you set it to disable will it go to sleep then?

*edit*

Another thing I just realized... my fathers pc would not go to sleep a few months ago, turns out it was infected with malware which was stopping it from entering sleep.

Try scanning the pc with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, see if it finds anything.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    HD64G likes this.
  3. Are you disabling SMT or doing anything in-particular to disable CPU cores or modifying CCX? With my motherboard (PRIME X470-PRO), changing anything related to CPU cores disables S3 sleep.

4. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Yes, wake timers is enabled. I will try to scan it, never had issues before installing Ryzen Power Plan. I will scan for anti-rookit later on tonight.

5. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    I haven't touched the bios to disable CPU cores, but I enabled auto-overclock for all cores (gamer profile). Maybe this is the problem. I will test it out tnt. Thanks.

Update: I set the sleep timer to 10 minutes, both display and HDD. Sometimes it would work just fine after 10 minute lapsed, sometimes it would just turn off the monitor while computer is running; it's purely random. I will go ahead and revert OC gamer profile back to stock. BRB.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  6. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Update: solution to the problem has been resolved. I had to switch back to stock profile, previously on gamer OC profile. Now I can put my computer to sleep by pressing the hibernation button.

Note: I don't have the ability to disable SMT via BIOS. However, I do have the ability to disable cores (aka downgrading). Up to this point, I never disabled any cores, just left the gamer OC profile enabled at all times. It did bring my electricity bill up by $25.00 :(.

EDIT: nevermind, the problem persist. Hrm.. but I do know the fact that I never had this issue prior installing this particular chipset driver from AMD.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  7. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Could this be a case where you need to go into Device Manager, find every keyboard/mouse/input device and go into the power management tab and uncheck "Allow this device to wake the computer"? My computers for the last 15 years have never slept properly if I don't do this.

8. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Merc 6600 XT
    Can anyone who installed this Ryzen Power Plan fiddle around with the hibernation button randomly and see if the problem is similar to mine? I just want to re-produce this issue.