Intel Iris Xe UHD 750 IGP inside Rocket Lake-S (11500 ) equals GeForce GT 1030 in perf

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Similar to vega igpus in ryzen 7 is nice i think. Bring out the desktop cards intel!

3. mdm

mdm Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 FURY
    Did you read the last line, how is 1100-1200 points to ~1600 points similar?!

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Actually gt1030 offers same performance in games as vega11 despite being 500pts slower in benchmarks. I assume all three could be similar.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Dedicated GPUs couldn't come fast enough, preferably not made in China fabs, as current GPUs don't even leave China before being grabbed by miners...

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    This article is also about an iGPU, so wouldn't it be bound by the same limitations as an AMD iGPU, compared to a dedicated GPU? That would make it a lot slower than GT 1030 in actual games.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    And we thought amd drivers are not the best oh boy cant wait to see intels. :D

8. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    This is a really good boost but still not nearly enough to compete with what amd is using, still waiting for a viable APU upgrade to my 2400g or DGPU if they become reasonable again.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Depends on whether Intel figured out how to minimize the need for RAM bandwidth. Bandwidth is the #1 flaw in AMD's iGPUs. Even if Intel's GPU cores are slower, reducing that bottleneck would compensate for it.

Though as I say over and over again: if you have an iGPU and want to play modern games, lower the texture details. Textures these days are meant for 4K, and they're the heaviest asset for VRAM bandwidth.

10. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    And during this time Apple M1's GPU kick RX 560 and GTX 1050 Ti ...
    Too bad it is Apple exclusive.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    underwelming like all the gpu intel releases it like they they think there competeing with them selfs... and if they were this would quite amazing gains

Tom Sunday likes this.
  12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    For an igpu, this is actually pretty impressive.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I know, that why said if Intel was competing with them self it was quite amazing. Intel is still pretending they only game, and last 3 times Intel release GPU/iGPU it been then competing with there own stuff, which why there underwelming iGPU or not and from stand point of iGPU there all underwelming imo again it not some part the uses 150 or 200+ wattage

Imagine if you could get 3xxx performance in package of cpu running 200wattage including cpu wattage?

14. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Considering AMD is already cutting of support for vega iGPUs, I don't think it can get much worse between bugged drivers up to 20.4.2 that works normally in games and newer that can cut performance in half due to CPU becoming serious bottleneck in various games...

edit: affected games also become stuttery mess, so even if framerate is not super low, completely unplayable...

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Really depends on the game, and likely due to the dedicated RAM the GT 1030 has, as there are quite a few games where the GT 1030 and Vega 11 perform similarly, usually on the Vega 11's side being a little better, but there are also quite a few games showing 20-40% better on the Vega 11.

Since the Xe UHD 750 has the same limitations as the Vega 11, the assumption should be that if it gets the same performance in this benchmark, theoretically it should get equal performance to the 1030 in some situations, and much less in other situations, and virtually never equaling the performance of the Vega 11, unless the Xe UHD 750 for some reason doesn't have the same issues that Vega 11 assumingly is having with ram speed. Even if that's the case though that'd equal 1030 in almost all situations, and only equal the Vega 11 in the same situations the 1030 does.

Again, all things being equal in this theory. Obviously, real world testing will likely show differently, but i expect it'll be 1030 and below, and extremely rarely, if ever, hitting vega 11 performance.

Where the fabs are have nothing to do with where the cards are built, unless you are implying that somehow miners are getting the GPU dies directly from the fabs and creating their own cards with ram and etc.

And unless Intel makes their own graphics cards and not just the die(and even then i would expect them to have it assembled in china due to that's where all the other parts and assemblies are in general), then they will likely all be sent from Intels fabs (if intel Fabs them) to china and other countries where all current GPUs are assembled (to my knowledge) so your statement overall just makes no sense.

Even EVGA, which to my knowledge is the US's only GPU manufacturer, assembles their cards in china.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong about any of this since i am not certain there are no GPU manufacturers not based somewhere in asia.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021

16. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090
    For the man on the street the Intel "Xe UHD 750" is a big deal. Especially when working for Walmart on the third shift driving a forklift. My security buddies here will be stupendously happy if they can now play 'Return to Castle Wolvenstein and Bulletstorm.' Compliments of Intel.

Or at least wait to tie them over for a another year until the GPU market returns to MSRP and Walmart affording more overtime. The $1,400 Biden check or handout unfortunately has to pay the rent and buying more 'Hamburger Helper.' Welcome to reality or Walmart days.