Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Feb 11, 2021.

1. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    Hi folks
    I have one weird issue since I buy a new graphics card Radeon RX 6800 XT.
    When my computer goes to sleep (always) I hear a sound of plugging and unplugging, I removed all the usb and it continues to produce the same sound, coming from the windows.
    I removed my displayport and no longer reproduces that annoying sound that ends up making sleeping difficult.

My monitor is an Asus PB287Q connected to displayport 1.2
    Initially I thought it was the USBs that reproduced this problem, but not.
    So I was removing all usb and continued to play the sound of connecting and disconnecting this already in sleep mode.
    Finally I disconnected my displayport and immediately stopped reproducing this problem.
    Sometimes it also gives you this problem just by opening steam or another application and also during game mode just by clicking on a key, for example capslock
    I have this problem since I bought this new graphics card RX6800XT, with my previous card Vega56 I didn't have this problem.
    When I uninstall Radeon drivers I leave my PC to goes to sleep and no more sound of disconnected and connected.
    I Change Displayport cable and same issue
    All previous drivers have the same issue and I Tryed different bios same problem and change Pcie 4.0 to 3.0 same issue.
    SAM off and SAM enable same issue.
    I reported to AMD twice.

Ryzen 3900x
    x570 Aorus Elite with last chipset driver and Bios

2. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Yes, since installation restarted multiple times and device is still there as you can see on the screenshot.

3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Disable Windows Sounds

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    disable DP Deep sleep on the monitor OSD.

5. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    I somehow got the HDMI audio working again when i rebooted the GPU or did a game that required switching exclusive fullscreen, the game was only for a second and it appepared in my Discord as 'HDMI' but now after reinstalling entry by switching vBIOS its gone again (EDIT 14/02/21)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  6. Chandra

Chandra Guest

GPU:
    RX 580 Nitro+
    yes, confirmed, the same issue also happened to me

sony lcd TV HDMI + RX 580

reverting back to Non-WHQL-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-2020-21.2.1-Win10-64Bit-Feb1, no issues, HDMI audio working again.

7. Oculus Link still works, and VRAM is reported correctly with Resizable BAR enabled. Overall, nothing notable broken and games still work fine.

No HDMI/GPU audio devices (not an issue in my case since I use my motherboard's audio)

I've used Kodi for HDR about a week ago. You currently need a nightly version of it (Matrix) though if I understand right.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2021
  8. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    For HDR content I use MPC-BE + MadVR. Make sure you set monitor settings to 10bit+ in MadVR.

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    This may be reason why i have no problems with gpu's audio device detection as i'm using display port instead of hdmi. Problem is narrowed to just hdmi connection?
    Also not a problem to me as i'm using x-fi titanium sound card.

10. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    RX 580 Here no amd audio device like everyone else here. Rolled back to 21.2.1 with no issues.

srdjan1995 likes this.

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    While this issue doesn't affect me directly, I think you underestimate how useful a built-in soundcard is. In my case I have a recording interface (1st gen Focusrite 18i20) and I rely on the built-in motherboard soundcard for my gaming mic input as the pro "soundcard" doesn't do mic loopback. My mate who has an even higher-end audio interface (Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre) also has to do the same. Although this feature is finally implemented in their 3rd gen Scarletts.

There's plenty of other obvious use cases.

12. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    Same issue here on my RX 580, no HDMI audio on my Samsung TV.

13. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    This driver still has so aggressive dynamic downclock with games with low GPU usage on my 6800XT. "Black Mesa" still can't keep 60FPS with vsync on, just 20-30 fps at some moments. All drivers from this year have this issue. 20.12.2 was ok.

20.12.2 driver keeps ~1000 MHz GPU clock
    21.1.1-21.2.2 drivers keep ~500 MHz GPU clock
    (the beginning of XEN level)

I see on the internet a similar issue with 5700 cards with some old games. I wonder why AMD doesn't want to fix this issue for so long time?

chispy likes this.
  14. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Sorry for little off, did you figure out how to activate Dynamic light Ludicrous setting i Black Mesa?

15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I don't know. It always goes one step back after I set it at maximum. As I have read on the internet, it's a bug in the game and nobody can set it at max even through the config file.

passenger likes this.

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    I was getting aggressive down-clocking on quite a few games which took me under my desired 140 FPS so I just setup Wattman to have my game boost clock as the minimum clock and it fixed it. So, I put minimum clock 2350 and maximum 2650 so that the card would not go much under the rated boost spped of 2350 on the core and boost up to ~2600mhz when it decided that it would be nice to me and so far it works like a charm. Hope it works for you! BTW I under-volted to 1050mv, set the power limit to the max and am running 2100mhz on the VRAM with fast timings. Super stable and ultra fast! Loving this card so much.

17. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Of course, I know some workarounds (setting min frequency works fine) for the problem but why AMD just doesn't fix the bug in the driver?!? Here I just remind them that it still exists.

It's not a new bug with 6000 cards now. The problem exists for a long time with "old" 5700 cards too.

HD64G likes this.
  18. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    setting minimum frequency works again or just on 6000 series cards?

if its just on 6000 series then wtf AMD it worked fine

EDIT .. no it doesnt work on 5000 series :/

19. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Few days ago I've tried these 21.2.2 drivers on one HP 15s-eq1000nm (1U9R4EA#BED) laptop using AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Vega 3 inside that CPU without success, 21.2.2 drivers couldn't find matching HW ID for GPU on Win10 Pro 20H2, weird...

Tried with 21.2.1 drivers with the same result, no matching HW ID for the GPU.

Tried to manually install GPU drivers via Device Manager without sucess both for 21.2.2 and 21.2.1.

Had to return to 20.12.1 WHQL and it worked without a problem.

Forgot to try 21.1.1 tho.

20. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    Im in the same situation rx560 works great but vega 8 appear as microsoft display driver