Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.2 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krteq, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That'd make for the device being in a pretty messed up state since the graphics driver enumerates seperately to the hd audio controller.

2. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Well, I can report the same issue with missing AMD hd audio controller on Vega

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Interesting and the driver is still there and it hasn't changed either since mid 2020
    C:\Downloads\AMD_Display\Packages\Drivers\Audio\HDMI\WT64A

Or where you extract the thing to. :)

EDIT: Course it sometimes just kinda breaks anyway sometimes the hardware doesn't pop up in the device manager at all or it's in some disabled state grayed out or yellow-bang marked.
    Hasn't happened in forever here though but I know I've had issues with it for some drivers before and certain hardware. (7000 series and Fury I believe it was? Resolved in newer driver releases after a while.)

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Unless you using integrated speakers and pushing audio via hdmi do you even need hdmi audio if you dont use it? Having a dedicated sound card and speakers makes no difference if its there or not.

AlmondMan likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    HDMI to DAC I believe and the advantages of this particular setup things like that which are very popular.

EDIT: Well that's probably under pushing audio to HDMI in your post already but it's a popular setup.

Phew audio and devices and yeah I'm already lost so let's see signal clarity and the hardware in a good high quality DAC and other combinations whether it's speakers or headphones was it?

Comparing more to integrated and also the quality of the plugins particularly oh am I remembering this right anyway the front on in many computer chassis designs I believe.
    Also applies to dedicated internal sound cards though albeit less than integrated and the motherboard connectors or the computer case stuff and it's quality or lack thereof.

Think you might also want this for high-end headphones and driving these beyond what the regular hardware supports but that's far higher end than I'm anyway near using or have any real knowledge about. :)
    (High end studio quality stuff and what not.)

EDIT: Well TV too I suppose just having a HDMI plugged into that getting audio as well if you forego amazing but also expensive audio equipment.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Undying likes this.
  6. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    Once again 3550H not supported how a asus fx505dy AMD edition dont have support for this notebook since last version 2020

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Going by boombastik's reply to me, the audio driver won't take anyway because the parent of the device it applies to is effectively being turned off when the display driver loads.

Bit of an oops :confused:

AlleyViper and JonasBeckman like this.
  8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah if it's outright gone or disabled now somethings gone a bit wrong somewhere in this driver at least for pre-RDNA GPU's that would be really bad, especially so if it's looking like it's going to be a issue that is affecting all users.
    Vega and particularly Polaris due to it's low price are still incredibly popular and widely used too so AMD would do well to test and ensure nothing breaks pre-RDNA for the GCN gen cards also. :)

Once more confirmations are available on this issue it's going to be a bit better of a confirmation that this is a overall regression or bug here and something that got missed in testing but if that is the case it should have been caught pretty easily compared to if it was just a subset of the users or a combination of hardware or a particular GPU model required to trigger this. :)

9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Also missing audio controller on my RX480 under 21.2.2.

10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Actually from what I gathered, this is a game bug and should be resolved by the devs in future patch.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    That is nice to know, thanks!

13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Funny enough.... the AMD Audio device is not missing in device manager for me on my 6900XT.... Just installed over the last 21.2.1 driver.
    Bug might be related to a combination with earlier architectures maybe ?

Turbogear likes this.
  14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Aye, seems to be related to older generation, I also not experiencing it.

Turbogear likes this.
  15. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I have it too on my 6800XT. I just checked it - It works with the monitor speakers (DisplayPort).

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Also there with 5700 XT.

17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    FYI, anyone with RX480/RX580 missing audio controller with this driver, we created a ticket for it. :)

AlleyViper likes this.
  18. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    RX580 8GB here, driver installed without issues, hd audio device and driver also present, normal driver installation without deep cleaning with DDU or installer's option.

So far driver is working fine in few games i played.

Attached Files:

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sadly it won't, the ghosted cleanup tool relies on the parent controller being enumerated and visible to the OS.

Vendors don't actually install a driver for the audio controller on HDA devices, just the endpoints(Codec) (hdmi, rca, stereo, etc)

The controller itself is exposed on the PCIE bus, usually without interaction from the Display driver (which is not required to report the HDA device to the system usually) and then the vendor installs its end point driver that determines the bitstream and connectivity features.

The radeon driver does perform somewhat deeper device enumerations vs nvidia's though (sort of why certan mainboards have sleep or fast startup issues more than others), entering a wrong number somewhere could be turning off a register associated to HDA enumeration.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...tions/high-definition-audio-specification.pdf

Infact, heres how you do it on nvidia(linux)
    https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-pci/patch/20190708051744.24039-1-drake@endlessm.com/

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    JonasBeckman and Jouven like this.
  20. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Did you restart your pc?
    The hd audio present at installation but it will removed on restart.