CD Projekt RED victim of attack - Source Code Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 and more out on the Street

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Don't **** with the Polish. Seriously. Whomever these actors are...they are pretty stupid and I only have one piece of advice for them:

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Jeez, this whole game has been a disaster.

4. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    People are so desperate for the bugs to be fixed they are stealing the code to do it themselves.

5. mdm

mdm Active Member

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 FURY
    How did someone that illiterate manage to do it anyway? :D

Silva likes this.
  6. FM57

FM57 Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2070
    CD Projekt employee: "Oh look what I just received by mail... a nice USB key"

99% of this kind of stuff is coming from internal collusion.

Poor them. Sincerely

7. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Thats a karma for the lies and millions of ppl ripped off
    They can just close the doors and call it a quit. They are not even able to patch their last game so a completely useless and irrelevant company.

8. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    The only useless things around are internet heroes with big mouths and no clue about anything like yourself.

9. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I'm going to type my opinion, don't read it as a personal attack, unless it's a personal attack.

No one forced you to pre order the game, you did buy it at your own risk.
    The company has a solid history of releasing buggy games, happens when you try to push what has been done. If you played through the witcher series, you know what I'm talking about.
    They also fix their buggy releases, some of the hype around 2077 was of how epic Witcher 3 was and how loved the series is. The game also needed allot of patches, although it wasn't released in such a state as 2077.
    They offer refunds and promise to fix 2077, I agree they shouldn't have released the game broken in the first place but hey: welcome to gaming in the new century! It has been like this for the past 10 years, we are the beta testers.

As for the hacker, must be a 40 yo kid who skipped school on his parents basement, let it have his 5 minutes of fame before its in jail.

Chess, reix2x, Keitosha and 4 others like this.
  10. SesioNLive

SesioNLive Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The sad part is that we gamers allows all this to happen. We have became beta testers and we while we "whine" we still accept such a bad "standard" and buy all those games again and again.

Obviously, the industry sees that as a green light to continue. Less cash spend on QA + less time for development required.

11. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Do you have no sympathy for the developers who've had to crunch? Literally death march coding... I appreciate the sentiment that seniors should receive some kind of "punishment", they should never have put the welfare of the developers at risk by forcing them to work, 14 hours days (or more) or 7 day working weeks but having the fruits of the people who spent countless sleepless nights almost slaving away to even have a "polished turd" fall to the criminal actions of people who wish to extort others in itself is worse than the greed of trying to release a game for others to play and enjoy.

Honestly, I can't believe the cynicism and ignorance of others sometimes...

Chess, Solfaur, Venix and 1 other person like this.
  12. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Maybe if the source is released we can have the game fixed :D :p

13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    This is wierd,how they are "naked in the rain"?
    Could be an inside job,mean an ex-employee or outside contractor who have acces in their network or something like that.

Like this news "Intel has reportedly caught an ex-employee stealing confidential company files for the Xeon processor lineup.Dr. Varun Gupta, who left Intel last year to join Microsoft as Principal for Strategic Planning in Cloud and AI, has reportedly walked away with over 3900 files of confidential information. The stolen files, contain information about Intel's Xeon processors, pricing data, corporate strategies, and Intel's manufacturing capabilities of the chips."

14. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    I have no sympathy for a company saying "when its ready" and than releasing THIS.

Than prohibiting the review sites from using their own game footage, to keep the scam going.

Absolutelly - zero - sympathy.

The fact they mined their staff to death - just to desacrate all their work by extremely rushed release - doesnt increase my sympathy neither.

Karma!

Kevin Mauro and jbscotchman like this.
  15. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Outside of that it's CDPR (and... hmmm... no offline save??? maybe you could think about it...).
    Just my points about the hack:
    Lot of you praise those who do ransom hacking, and joke about it...
    But when i was in the hospital after my accident, there was a ransom hacking attack, everything was stuck, all data crypted...
    The result was that the one next to me died because they can't do surgery on him.
    Those who do that kind of hacking are real criminal with blood on hands, it's not fun at all.

Chess, Keitosha, TalentX and 3 others like this.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    More like, a ditch or acid bath dipped slowly over a long period of time.

17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    As a beginner in then cybersecurity field, I feel sorry for their breach.
    How many hours of code, sleepless nights and personal issues Devs dealt with?
    This kind of news somehow makes us forget that behind curtain, we are talking about people. Aren't we all people?
    Yes, they are at fault. But also are we.
    Because we laugh, because we think it's cool.
    It isn't. It's ugly, it's the tar pit of ugly.
    I'm at loss here.

Silva likes this.
  18. barbacot

barbacot Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    I feel bad for them.
    For me it counts:
    -they always sold their games DRM free
    -they gave all DLC for Witcher 3 for free
    They are not a greedy company by gaming industry definition and customer support is good.
    Too bad for the Cyberpunk disaster but I think there is a curse in gaming industry for products released very late with a lot of hype- I still remember the hype for the reboot of Duke Nukem...

Chess, Dragam1337, Solfaur and 5 others like this.
  19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Yes that matters and i think they still have some good will among gamers despite the disaster of Cyberpunk launch...

In the end it´s up to us to vote with the wallet and realise that the hype surrounding games is just another marketing tool...

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Did you just assume the opinion of "millions of ppl"? Well done old boy.
    I've played the game and don't feel ripped off whatsoever. I think the ~55h I spent on the game were worth the 60€ I paid despite bugs and a few other things. I also didn't have any expectations and didn't see this game as the second coming as some clearly have. There are WAY worse games out there.

Wishing the worst on innocents (=99% of the company since it's only the upper 1% that take executive decisions) is really shitty.

Dragam1337, Solfaur and Kosmoz like this.