Apple is allegedly working on a 3000 USD VR-Headet

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SuprimX
    The world must be coming to an end if Apple sells something cheaper than others...

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Knowing Apple, one will rent the device, will have the buy accessories and subscription.
    Cheaper and Apple can't co-exist in the same sentence.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep. Apple products appeal often depends on high prices. Elitism is a strong market that draws those who want to feel more 'special' than others.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It's gonna be another ten years before I'm in that future. And an infinite before I buy an Apple product.

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    At least if Apple makes a high quality VR set some others might and it might catch on a bit. It'd be nice to have some push behind vr since it seems like it would be really cool for single player games.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Apple is over 4 years too late. While most companies have stopped bothering to make VR content, in steps Apple with a $3000 device? Hmmm.

8. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    The Oculus Quest 2 is breaking all records for sale of VR stuff. It's
    Have they? I mean, what companies are we talking about in particular. Looking at Steam, yeah you'd be forgiven to think that VR is nothing but early access concept titles, but on the Oculus store you have quite a different story.

9. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Super expensive but good that more see a future in VR.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I was messing around with Google Daydream over 5 years ago. Pretty cool tech. It had/has major limitations compared to traditional gaming means though.

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Because it´s Apple, it´s going to be an huge sucess, VR done right, like they say everytime Apple does something...

ZXRaziel likes this.
  12. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I am actually looking forward to this , I have been waiting for a VR set with high resolution good quality screens for years, all that I have seen so far was terrible visual experience as you can see every pixel when this close to the screen. It did not fell realistic or natural to me so I have always said I want higher resolution screen to enjoy the VR . The problem will be the GPU needed to feed such a resolution as that does not exist yet ...
    Even two 3090 ( one per screen ) would struggle to provide smooth experience.

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Except it's not elitism half the time, it's just plain, straight up, rotten brain, stupidity. Like all those years Apple was selling hilariously inferior (yes, somehow worse than now) products vs the competition to the point that it was obvious to everyone, the Apple fans just stayed in denial and bought anyway. Can we call it elitism when they know they're buying trash but only do it as a fashion/cult trend?

Fun fact most of you guys miss: Apple signed up with Intel before the first Core 2s were anywhere near done, talks must have began while the planning was in its infancy. Meaning Apple went with Intel purely for the name during an era where they were selling dogshit Netburst (Pentium 4) CPUs that were completely annihilated by AMD's offerings. They got lucky Intel had those chips ready by 2006.

14. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    What's the bet this comes with a proprietary headstrap, proprietary earphones, proprietary face gasket, proprietary contollers, proprietary cables, proprietary case covers, proprietary chargers, proprietary lenses protectors, that will all cost another £3000..........thing is going to be a proprietary nightmare that will make other Apple devices look like they are android based.. lol

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Apple does what Apple does. They may not create the market(tablets, smart phones, smart watches), but what they do is enter the market with their own product and actually make it a viable product comparatively.

16. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Get the Pimax 8KX. 1300.00 usd. Wide FOV and 8K per eye.

17. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    RE: DOA

My son just got his 2nd VR headset. This tech may not be setting the world on fire, but it seems to be improving, getting more titles and I think, is here to stay.

But $3k? Even apple fans may scoff at that price point.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    No doubt people will buy this, there are always some who love to get milked.

19. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    I can't believe that apple would make VR headset that costs just as much as 3 monitor stands. Must be a typo...

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Doubt it's a typo.

Their 120 dollar phones go for 1200 as well.