Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by GSDragoon, Feb 1, 2021.

1. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-21-2-1-driver-download.html

Support For
    Medium™
    • Up to 9% increase in performance in The Medium @ 4K High settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver edition 21.1.1. RS-351
    Fixed Issues
    • Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
    • Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
    • Radeon™ recording and streaming features may fail to enable on AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 series graphics products.
    • Some models may fail to render or may render incorrectly when using SketchUp™ on Radeon RDNA graphics products.
    • Some Samsung™ CRG9 series displays may experience a black screen when waking from sleep.
    • Metro Exodus™ may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Raytracing enabled.
    • Video playback on secondary displays may experience stutter while playing Doom Eternal™ on the primary display.
    Known Issues
    • Hitman 3™ may experience an application crash in the Apex Predator mission on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
    • Radeon FreeSync may fail to enable in Forza Horizon 4™.
    • AMD is currently investigating end user reports that Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle. Users who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to file a bug report in Radeon Software.
    • Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
    • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
    Disclaimer
    • RS-351. Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of Jan 28, 2021 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 versus the previous driver edition 21.1.1 on The Medium @ 4k High settings. Performance may vary.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 installation package contains the following:
    • Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.2.1 Driver Version 20.45.33.01 (Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.14533.1000)
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-21-2-1-driver-download.html

2. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Quake II RTX (1.4.1) still crashes!

3. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    According to Q2 RTX github it's been fixed in v 1.4.1 - Quake II RTX Change Log - 1.4.1

Try to reset shader cache in Radeon SW

This is what nvidia dev wrote in issue log

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    Jackalito and somemadcaaant like this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    One of the changes in this driver is that it actually also deletes the GL and VK shader cache files on install not just the DX cache files or folder.
    Of course if Quake 2 RTX has it's own VLK cache that wouldn't be affected.

Cezanne support in the INF and some window compatibility parameter as well.
    "%AMD1638.1%" = ati2mtag_Cezanne, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&REV_C4
    "%AMD1638.2%" = ati2mtag_Cezanne, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&REV_C5
    "%AMD1638.3%" = ati2mtag_Cezanne, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&REV_C6
    "%AMD1638.4%" = ati2mtag_Cezanne, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_1638&REV_C7

HKR,,WaForegroundWindowUnresponsive,%REG_DWORD%,0

Vulkan runtime files look to be updated from 1.2.155 to 1.2.162.0
    (Runtime 1.2.162.1 has some fixes but they seem SDK or development oriented I don't think it's anything too critical.)

And not much profile wise looks to be mostly just a profile that is forcibly disabling of Free Sync for one of the Media Player Classic Cinema programs.

<application Title="Media Player Classic - Home Cinema" File="mpc-be.exe">
    <use Area="DAL">FreeSyncForceDisableGaming</use>
    </application>

<application Title="Media Player Classic - Home Cinema" File="mpc-be64.exe">
    <use Area="DAL">FreeSyncForceDisableGaming</use>
    </application>

That's the Black Edition I believe more specifically.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    HD64G, Jackalito, Undying and 2 others like this.

5. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    It fixes some problems but it doesn't prevent crashes completely.

6. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    • Some Samsung™ CRG9 series displays may experience a black screen when waking from sleep.
    YESSSSSSS

• AMD is currently investigating end user reports that Radeon Software may sometimes have higher than expected CPU utilization, even when a system is at idle. Users who are experiencing this issue are encouraged to file a bug report in Radeon Software.
    OMG finally! Submitting my report ASAP.

7. Works ok; nothing notable from 21.1.1. Oculus Link still works and resizable BAR memory reporting is fine too. I'm not affected by any known issues, nor any of the fixed issues either :p

HD64G likes this.
  8. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    One os freeze immediately after install and another crash after restart while watching yt in Chrome. Freesync still heavily stutters with 10-bit pixel format option enabled so it must be turned off if I want those nice colors.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you are likely running aida64, don't.

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I couldn't beleive my eyes when I saw it in the release notes and I did a quick test on one of my AMD test rigs with 6800XT, and it indeed seem to be fixed, at least for Navi21. I'm not sure about the previous AMD GPUs, 5700 family was also affected, I hope it is fixed for it as well.
    The problem explained in this post is finally gone. Well done, AMD. Better late than never.

Jackalito, chispy, OnnA and 5 others like this.

11. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Installed nicely over 21.1.1 without resorting to a clean install. Nice that I didn't have to redo my settings, as going from 20.12.1 to 21.1.1 wasn't as friendly, and needed a clean install to get Radeon Settings to start up again.

12. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Exporting settings is broken for you?

Working fine here...

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Does the radeon settings open like this for anyone? to the side and down...

It's done this for the previous version also.

[​IMG]

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    right click the title bar and click close to save the window position

HD64G likes this.
  15. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I have it installed, but I didn’t run it simultaneously, should I remove it completely?

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    if its not running it shouldn't be causing any problems, the driver it uses only loads at application start and stops when it closes.

17. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    @Astyanax the last stable version that dont have this problem is the aida64 version 5.99.4900. I leave it here for information only.

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Immediately after you wrote this I copied it to our vanguard channel so seems it had been given a high priority to fix ;-)

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    xD

Can you also raise the ongoing Aida64 compatibility issues in the channel? it seems like a joint solution using a shared api would be better than Aida64's developer going alone and blindly at that.

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/658...games-with-aida64-adrenalin-2020-2012x-issue/

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/695...da64-w-rx-5700-xt-adrenalin-2020-2012x-issue/

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/716...pphire-rx-5600-xt-adrenalin-2020-2012x-issue/

Jackalito and SpajdrEX like this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Guys with Vega.
    Is BFV bug still there? (Last good driver: 20.5.1 WHQL)

DanielRX likes this.