how do i know if freesync is working through nvidia control panel?

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by ramthegamer, Jan 30, 2021.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    hey guys, i wanna ask, how can i know if , freesync is working through nvidia control panel while enabling gsync through the nvidia control panel?is there any indication ???
    my monitor is Lg 24gm79b

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    If you see G-Sync settings then NV hardware and software perceive your monitor as compatible - freesync works as intended.

3. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Under Set up G-SYNC if can think Enable G-SYNC, G-SYNC Compatible without warning, then your display is G-SYNC support.

But if you can tick but showing "Selected display is not validated as G-SYNC compatible" then this display is not tested and it may not work all time.

I know this as my previous monitor is not certified and some games still had chopping issue.

Now I change to certified G-SYNC compatible monitor and it is working as it suppose, no more chopping issue.
    Certified G-SYNC monitor will have NVIDIA G-SYNC sticker.

4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Ah i see oh yeah too bad i have a message saying: selected monitor is not gsync compatible.. does this mean i can t make.it work? With my lg24gm79b monitor?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Make sure you connect monitor with DisplayPort cable, because for majority of G-Sync compatible displays G-Sync compatibility (with NVIDIA cards ) only works through DP, not through HDMI.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i have it throught display port, but i still get the message

7. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    This means your monitor model is not test and certified by Nvidia. You just can select it, it still may work but may not working in proper in certain games.

They is nothing you can do about it as the model not certified is forever not certified. Just enable it and see which games is work, which is not.

Only monitor list here - GeForce G-SYNC Monitors: Manufacturers & Specs (nvidia.com) is certified by Nvidia and confirmed working perfectly.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    ramthegamer likes this.
  8. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    Freesync monitors do and can work with gsync. Check your monitors OSD menu and see if you can enable free to the extended setting. Once done try to check the boxes in the nvidia control panel to enable it. Once done download the nvidia pendulum demo to test and see if you see tearing in the swinging pendulum. My monitor is freesync ONLY and it works with gsync no problem. Type your monitors model number and follow it with gsync enable in google search to see if other people have got it working. The display does not need to be on any gsync certified list to work. Mine isn't and it works fine. Good luck!

9. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    G-sync certified is better have as some games is not behave correctly in older Freesync only monitor.

I have LG 34UC79G which is not certified G-Sync, it do working but certain games is tearing and not working.

I also have LG 34GN850 and LG 27GL850 where both is G-Sync certified and those games got tearing issue is behave nicely and no issue in this two G-Sync certified monitor.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    guys, how to best use gsync on a freesync monitor, with rtx 2060 gpu. i want the lowest input lag and the best settings., thanks

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
  12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    You can enable an indicator in the nvidia control panel. Go to the g-sync section and in the menu bar's "Display" entry enable the indicator. When g-sync is active, a small "g-sync" text will appear in the top-right of the screen.