RX 570 Black Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by obe00, Jan 20, 2021.

1. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    As for where / how I experience the problem:
    I have never encountered such a problem in games, such as rendering (under load).
    - When the system is first turned on, there is a black screen when I open a new tab in Chrome, on the screen to enter the Windows password, and the monitor comes up with a warning that there is no signal (At that time the safe is still working)
    - In addition, when watching videos, there is sudden distortion in the sound (it starts to feel scratchy). When I change the default format settings in the audio settings (where there are options such as CD, DVD quality, etc.), the crackling goes back to normal. I do not know if it is a related topic, but I wanted to explain this as well.
    I installed and tried various drivers, tried lowering the GPU frequency as in the WattMan settings suggestion, but never got a solution. The system hangs in the wrong place, and it does not recover without restarting the computer. Now I need a savior to help me fix this situation ...

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 12nm (rv2)
    GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX570 4GB
    PSU: 500W Silverstone Strider 80+
    SSD: Kingston Fury 480GB
    Motherboard: Gigabyte S2H B450M

2. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Things like this usually end up being PSU issues because it cannot supply clean power to the system, I personally have zero faith in Silverstone products that move such as fans etc as have had no end of issues with them cases are great other stuff not so in my experience.
    You didnt put the Ram on your list what do you have?
    Any overclocks attempted the Ryzen 1600s were not best known for Ram compatibility.
    If you have a spare swap your SSD cable as well they can do weird things especially if you have them bent sharply.
    Finally before you do any of the above reset your Bios to default then try again.

3. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    @suty455 I have 16GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Ram

4. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090

5. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    It sounds like "bzzzzzz" or "czzz". I don't know how can I describe it. (I'm using monitor speaker or external amp.)
    I'm trying some settings for wattman (like Power tuning, Fan tuning, Gpu tuning etc). But the problem persists from time to time. (Not in games, usually it crashing in web browser. like video watching)

Edit: no, it's not on this list. my ram's module p/n is: HX432C16FB3

6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
  7. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    How old is the PSU?

8. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Seems to have vanished I would still say PSU is the culprit especially as random crashes whilst browsing

9. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    I buyed all hardwares zero; so It is new

10. obe00

obe00 Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 4G
    I checked hundreds of articles; there are a lot of people using 650W+ expensive PSU's and but they still run into the same problem.

11. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Expensive PSUs also have failures had an Antec fail once back when they were the absolute best you could buy ( showing my age now!)

12. Have you tried plugging your computer directly into a wall outlet, or even a power conditioner? Unreliable or dirty power can cause odd issues I've heard, and some people reported plugging into a wall instead of a power strip helped fix issues.

I picked up a 600W power conditioner (Amazon) a while back; may have saved my computer about 2 weeks after that when my power line got partially ripped off the house and caused brown-outs and surges (line conditioner boosted and trimmed the voltage).

13. learners permit

learners permit Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt
    There is a bios update to rectify your issue.