Review: Hitman III: PC graphics performance benchmark analysis

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 20, 2021.

1. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I kinda understood from various of Hilbert's GPU reviews that 1440 was still a bit of a rarity but to be, as a new 3440 x 1440 user, one of only 1.39% of visitors, not sure what to say. Was my Dell U2711 1440 27" such an exotic screen 11 years ago? Expensive, yes, but that scarce a purchase for gaming? I guess these stats say it was?
    I don't normally read reviews of 1080 screens but I thought I should remind myself of why a different kind of gamer to myself would far prefer a 25" 1080 360Hz screen and read reviews of the Dell & Gigabyte Aorus screens. For competitive/online gaming screen speed rules over resolution & size.

2. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    and wouldn't dare to suggest that 3840 x 2160 isn't relevant but Hilbert you're producing 4K results for 0.38% of your visitors! There are 3.65 times as many 3440 x 1440 visitors LOL

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Aah bro, you know you are; come on now :)

jura11 and Netherwind like this.
  4. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Been an Acer XR341CK user since around 2016 IIRC. 3440x1440 is where it's at for me, WS 2.39:1 movies look awesome filling the entire screen at 21:9 (no black bars on top and bottom). But if 3440x1440 is pretty rare, what about my other monitor at 3840x1080 (32:6)?

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I used to have a 16:10 monitor for some time and I'm wondering if that ratio wasn't even rarer than 21:9. 11 years ago 2560x1440 must definitely have been exotic. Wonder what was on second place resolution wise at that time?

Also 3440x1440 is awesome for productivity. Now that I'm working at home due to the pandemic and am using my gaming monitor as work monitor I must say that I love to be able to have two or even three pages in a row.

6. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Well the price was exotic, that's for sure but I remember that going from 1080 22" Viewsonic to the Dell 27" 1440 and playing Crysis 1-3 was an incredible upgrade in IQ. And great that my Dell's now being used by a friend's teenager via their laptop.

7. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  8. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    February 23 2021 UPDATE:
    • Deluxe Content
      • We’ve fixed an issue that could prevent some players from being able to access their Deluxe Edition content (digital book and soundtracks) via IOI Account. After installing this patch, players should first launch HITMAN 3 and then check the ‘Rewards’ section of their IOI Account profile. It may take up to 15 minutes for the downloads to appear after playing HITMAN 3.
    • Connectivity
      • We’ve made several tweaks on the back-end since launch and this first major patch allows us to do more. We’ve made several technical improvements and tweaks that will result in a smoother and more stable experience for all players. This will also improve the experience for players who were receiving errors when trying to exit a mission.
    • Stability
      • We’ve resolved multiple, wide-ranging issues that were causing the game to crash for various reasons. Players on all platforms will benefit from these improvements.
    • Trophies/Achievements
      • We’ve resolved an issue that could prevent the “Reach Mastery Level 20” achievements/trophies from triggering, despite players reaching that milestone. In some cases, this issue could also prevent PlayStation players from earning the Platinum trophy. Players that have been affected should unlock the relevant trophies/achievements when they launch the game after installing the 3.11 patch.
    • Trespassing Agility
      • We’ve updated the HUD rules to accurately display when Agent 47 is trespassing whilst performing agility moves (climbing, vaulting, etc). In the past, the HUD would show that all pipes and ledges were ‘non-trespassing’ even when that wasn’t the case. In truth, 47 was trespassing, but the HUD didn’t reflect that.
      • This change will mean that the HUD will display accurately when you are trespassing. This may cause for some inconsistencies (such as only half of a drain pipe being a trespass zone), but the information you see will now be accurate according to the mission setups. We’re monitoring any further issues that might come up on this.
    • Hostile Trespass
      • We’ve added a new audio effect for when players begin trespassing in a hostile area.