3080 Owner's thread!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Syranetic, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Dis not try many games yet with it... So we will have to wait for a fix.

But if you can get your money back you should, 1500 is madness lol

2. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Has to be the game at this point or the driver.I've done so much testing around trying to pinpoint the origin of the issue and the only conclusion I can think off is "it's the game itself" No other game has this specific issue.

Actually managed to find another person with the same 3 quick micro stutter pattern https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...son-7/m-p/9991777?attachment-id=478340#M95363 hmmmm

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    ImhO too hot ;)

Maddness likes this.
  4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    endbase likes this.

5. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    They have been raising prices by quite an absurd amount I see... Some of the 3080 prices (on other webshops, oh nice a white ROG STRIX 3080...) are even more crazy than a month ago, though none reach €1500.

Did you follow this topic?
    [ZT] [NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30XX] Levertijden & Prijzen - Videokaarten & Beeldschermen - GoT (tweakers.net)

That's how I eventually managed to get my grubby paws on one... from Germany...

6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Either he got a not so great great card or I hit the jackpot. Mine boosts to 2100mhz with no overclocking on the core. It then hovers around 2040 to 2070mhz. The silent bios runs at 1965mhz. My case is a full tower though with good air flow.

7. Scorpio_ASC

Scorpio_ASC Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    Are you super sure that the psu isnt acting up? Shouldnt crash during those clocks, ive gone through 4 cards and havent had those problems, i mean this latest card im on is holding 2145 steady while gaming for hours, and the others would hold 2050+ as well with no crashes. But yea could be a faulty card, but I dont think thats too common a thing. Sucks when you paid so much tho.

8. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Dx12 is just unstable in many games no faulty card, i mean the division 2 look on this guru 3d forum with dx12 related crashings u be suprised how many got it. And metro exodus aswel combined either with 3000 series cards or lower most have these crashings under dx12.
    Hell even my friend got a Suprime 3090 and his metro exodus game is crashing randomly under dx12. and his rig is nothing oc-ed even debug mode dont work for him. Latest nvidia driver also fixed allot of crashings they even stated it in the hotfix.

Nekrosleezer likes this.
  9. Scorpio_ASC

Scorpio_ASC Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    yea thats probably the case, lots of buggy games nowadays. I just directed my reply towards the poster thinking capacitors might be the cause.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    i dont think capacitor are the real problem my 1080 ti had freezings aswell under dx12.
    Dx12 is still far from stable in most games. Time will tell if it improves.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    then maybe its your cpu or memory thats unstable.

only takes a single out of spec component to screw dx12.

12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Valhalla works great under dx12 cpu is stock ram is @ 3000 mhz.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    3000 is still an overclock, albeit a tiny one, intel only qualified the 10 series for 2933.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    10700k is also an oveclock after 3.8 ghz albeit a small one to 4,7 on seven cores and one single core to 5.1

By the way after disable ansel @ least for now i have no more crashing in exodus under dx12 and without msi afterburner not sure if that was the case still testing tho.

15. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I remember having some weirdness with afterburner overlay some time ago i cant recall in what game... but it was with an AMD card... so... who knows lol

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I really hope so i tried this so far no crashes lol.

MY GAME CRASHES AT RANDOM POINTS WHILE PLAYING. - UPDATED 18/12/2020
    Please make sure you always have the latest graphics driver installed. Always download the driver directly from the official manufacturer’s website, instead of automatically updating it through Windows. Another possible solution for this problem is to deactivate the In-Game-Overlay and GeForce Experience Highlights both provided by the GeForce Experience application, as well as all other In-Game-Overlays provided by other programs. In addition, please also check if deactivating V-Sync and setting the application’s priority in the task manager to high fixes the issue for you.

I disable all overlays in steam and no msi afterburner disabled ansel aswell no crashings yet.

endbase and Goiur like this.
  17. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Since pascal i noticed that DX12 games are very sensitive to OC, i used to have gtx 1070, 1070ti, rtx 2080super and now 3080. But this is a very special situation because we have CPU, GPU and even memory RAM with OC. CPU and GPU boosting technologies are considered overclock too, and every gaming build also has oced memories (DOCP or XMP). With ampere i learned that every game behave different, so i have 5 differents profiles in MSI AB because of that. But also noticed that it also happen to consoles, since last gen i saw many games crashing, which was not "normal" years ago.

18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Also dont forget dx12 and overlays steam, msi afterburner fraps ot whatever its an overlay dx12 does not like that either.

19. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    yes thats also true, some games can get more stable without a monitoring app running in the background

20. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Witcher29 likes this.