Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ninja750, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    Whats interesting (or not,) but a fanmade patch called quake2xp, if i saved in Comm Center also crashes the driver completely on Vega 56 (20.12.1 and Win10 20h2) whenever i click down into load game and it has a picture of comm center..... very very strange because a single 'saveshot' shouldn't cause a timeout. Maybe its just a legacy engine issue that made it to rtx? Or a rtx model ported in? Either way since that game and Quake 2 RTX apparently works fine on NVIDIA, can we acknowledge it is a driver problem quake2-related? Also on any windows 10 build past 1607 (i tested) i can't play normal quake2.exe, whether it's the original, 3.24 unofficial patch, or kmquake2, without the mouse eventually flipping out needing the game to be restarted, but i don't think it's AMD only issue, because on a Intel i5-4210m hd 3000 laptop, certain games on any build past that crash too (the SDL community port of Forsaken, ProjectX - play for 30 seconds and it hangs).

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    dont bother overclocking the vram anyway

gains are not huge and extra heat can be a lot for no gain

3. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Easy install here on 20h2, but I really wish that AMD finally fix Freesync not working with 10-Bit Pixel Format.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Used the ddu and installed these just fine but didnt test the drivers yet. Few Valorant matches and freesync is working fine.

5. rvail623

rvail623 Guest

GPU:
    Vega56
    Crypto-mining: the 21.1.1 AMD driver is incompatible with the Phoenix miner used by Nicehash. The Phoenix miner is the most profitable AMD miner, and was working ok with the previous 20.12.1 driver. The 21.1.1 driver is also "non-WHQL", so it's probably not a good idea to be using if/when crypto-mining.

6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Dont talk about mining in here

very sore subject for some, myself included

Jackalito, GSDragoon, MerolaC and 4 others like this.
  7. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    [​IMG]

Exodite, Jackalito and PrEzi like this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    [​IMG]

9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    if you make a custom curve it brokes the zero rpm feature

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It does and sets to 33% but that is also the case for an afterburner.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Go to AB's settings and look to General > Compatibility settings. Disable what you do not explicitly need there.

12. rpro

rpro Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
    errrrr i have samsung crg9 49 inch 120hz panel which is predecessor of G9 and 6800 xt and i still cant use sleep ffs. every time monitor wakes up from sleep it loses signal after 5 seconds and only fix is alt f4 and restart.
    wtf is this sorcery ?

13. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Have an C49RG90 and it was fixed for me. For the older driver my workaround was to have AIMP in the foreground before shutting down the monitor (I never turn of the main rig) and there was no signal loss after turning the monitor after a longer period of idle e.g. during the night. AIMP kept the GPU in somewhat woken state (hovering aroung 20-30 MHz from time to time and a slightly higher memory clocks (120-190 Hzish)).... However - like I have said --- for me it was fixed with the 21.1.1.

14. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    I had with a Vega + Samsung C24F70. Downgraded the motherboard bios and from what i can gather it could have something to do with C-state settings in the bios preventing from properly coming out of sleep.

15. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Freesync works fine on my 10bit panel.

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It won't work. AMD's implementation of ADL/Overdrive8 API results in short flicker each time you apply new settings when (and only when) VRAM is overclocked. Software fan curve, which changes settings on temperatures, will echo the same flicker comming from AMD ADL. It behaves this way for a long period of time and I have no ideas if AMD plan to fix it. The only fix now is disabling either VRAM overclocking or software fan curve in MSI AB.

Watcher and JonasBeckman like this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    10bit pixel format and 10bpc are entirely different. You compare true 1billion color depth vs 16,7million colors simulating 10 bit. So, it doesn't work. It isn't nice to use a professional output setting for gaming.

passenger likes this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Oh so that's why the VRAM overclock causes a small flicker effect even with minimal changes.
    (~1Mhz or so depending on what the slider rounds up to in advanced mode being enough.)

EDIT: Rather that's why the Radeon Settings software (Entire screen perhaps.) seem to flicker a bit when hitting the "Apply" button with the VRAM overclock active.
    (Or loading a profile or anything that also takes effect and involves modifying the VRAM values.)

19. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Yep. That's a result of Overdrive8 API unification, previously AMD had separate calls for changing clocks, power limit, fan speeds etc. But with Overdrive8 somebody @ AMD decided that is is a good idea to combine functions for applying absolutely any settings into a signle API call. So there is one uber function that can apply everything. It won't be a problem if it was working properly and at least it seem to be initially designed properly: there are requested flags allowing the caller to mark requested properties and tell this function what exactly you're going to change: fan speeds, clocks or anything else. However there seem to be a bug inside the implementation, which is ignoring requested properties mask and reapply everything as soon as VRAM clock is above default. This causes this flicker, it is quite normal to see it when applying new memory clock but it does full memory re-overclocking way each time even when you change anything else. This also delays this function call drastically. Hope to see it fixed one day.

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Yup, my monitor is also OC'ed and is still 10Bit + Freesync at edited range of 30-75FPS
    Original = 70Hz FS 48-70 10Bit 1440p
    CRU = 71Hz FS 30-75 10Bit 1440p

OC can go up to 74Hz but w/8Bit so i don't want it that way ;)