Nvidia GeForce Driver Version 461.09 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by EdKiefer, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not a bug.

2. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    For me these drivers have introduced a black flicker when im using VMWare Workstation. Also, I just had my first crash in about a year in a Teams meeting - nvlddmkm >:|
    2080 Ti

3. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    I would like to know if a bug has been reported that has happened to me and to some friends for a long time specifically from the 460.79 driver or even earlier and I don't know if it happens to someone else.
    My system:
    I have an Asus Strix 1070Ti, one HDMI output is connected to a Samsung 4K screen and the second HDMI output to a 13.1 AV receiver.
    Issue:
    I always turn on the PC first, then when it has been convenient, I turn on the Receiver later, in that order, then it detected the line input signal from the Graphics Card and it would hear its corresponding sound that you will apply, but as I say from this driver or perhaps another Above with all the configuration without touching anything, I have the problem that it does not detect the input signal when I connect it and it runs out of signal, I put a song for example to test and it does not give a signal, the worst thing is that the HDMI connection protocol In my opinion, it is not right and it leaves me hanging the Receiver without sound in any of its inputs so we have found a solution for now which is to restart the PC and turn off the Receiver, turn on the AV Receiver first and then the PC and so it works everything. With which it is a great inconvenience because whenever you want to have your speakers or AV system disconnected and you want to connect it after turning on the PC you have to restart everything, when before the 460.79 driver it did not matter what you connected everything was synchronized at any time. I hope it is understood and if it is a failure that someone can report it and they can solve it because it is not its normal operation and the process is quite tedious.

4. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    Second time monitor and connected TV just turned black and went into power saving mode.
    No BSOD, PC continued to work.

Does anyone know a fix or a cause?

5. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC

Does your television or monitor go into power saving mode only when it detects no signal?
    Something similar happens to me in addition to what I comment above is that when I turn off the AV receiver the current does not detect the graphic card, I think there is a communication error of the HDMI connection protocol that is incomplete or corrupted and can that there are failures between some devices as a result of some update ... I hope someone comes out and reports this failure or if Nvidia is reading this please fix it.

6. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    yea, im getting flickering in vmware, remote desktop, splashtop, zoom, pretty much anything that streams a screen in a window. But at least my monitor wakes from sleep now (all 460.x ones were giving me that issue lol)

7. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    Yes, exactly. It felt like HDMI cables were just pulled out suddenly.

8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This driver is packing Hitman 3 profile already, does this mean there's no driver today? maybe the new 1 is coming 28th for The Medium

9. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I had a blank screen / black screen lockup yesterday.
    It started with the shutdown of my USB Mouse and Keyboard. Two Seconds later the Screen went black. I was just browsing via Firefox. I've disabled the hardware acceleration for now. I will watch it closely.

I had a look at the Event viewer - but there was nothing.... just the Startup Entries after the reboot.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The Medium GRD soon ?

11. EE666

EE666 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 760 GTX 1060
    Hi all,

I have a lot of problems with my Geforce GTX 1060 6gb. I installed it in my PC as replacement for my GTX 760 4gb.
    But after install it asked to update my driver. So I did it. After restart of the system it gives me an BSOD. Than it runs but with small screen. Tried everything. Installed driver 3.61 or so (earlier drivers) then it worked. But when I tried to play Battlefield 5 it asked to update the driver. So I run into circles now. Any help is welcome.
    My system Intel I7 3.3ghz
    M bo; Gigabyte EX58a ud5
    32gb mem 1600mhz Crucial
    21inch Dell monitor feeded with DVI cable.

12. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    You would better open a new thread. Anyway, try to uninstall the driver again, reboot and then start the setup of the new driver again after waiting some 5 minutes after windows has started (it might automatically install a driver in those minutes). Make sure to select clean installation in the driver setup.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Interesting, i had a similar issue yesterday except the other way around. Where plugging in my USB DVD Drive caused my Soundcard to lose power and i had to fully power off and power on again.

Also had the screen go black for a fraction of a second earlier that day.

I'll go back to 457.51 which i had installed before 461.09.

14. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Has been released the hotfix, give a try

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme

16. SharpGame

SharpGame Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1070TiOC
    Today we have met three friends each with our pc's and av receivers in my house, willing to try to rule out failures due to different configurations in general, it has taken us 6 hours and a meal, the connection combinations have been crazy, ruling out possibilities configuration in Windows, reinstalling the drivers again and again without seeing clear results, but with the same effects randomly between the computers. Only one of them seemed to affect him less and we do not know why ... the fact is that after so many times reinstalling the nvidia driver and our av receivers we have left it in the same conclusion something has to be in the management of connection or HDMI protocols, because with only one it goes as always, well and using two HDMI cables from the same graph is when the problems begin, at least this is our case ... and many others here seem to be similar.
    Regarding HotFix 461.33, I don't dare to install it until it is stated what has been solved, for me personally, since 460.79 they all lower my performance in Cyberpunk 2077 from 2 to 5 fps.

17. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    Played Ghost Recon BP. GPU spinning up a lot more than normal at same settings FPS locked 90 could be update or Driver ?

Update : Played SQUAD Video card fan Full Speed again at locked FPS 95 ,,, Video card spinning up a lot more with this driver.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021