CD Projekt apologizes for the release of Cyberpunk 2077 and shows 2021 roadmap

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That's not an issue, just don't let it become calling people names for games they enjoy.

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I haven't called anybody a name for enjoying a game, ever..

itpro likes this.
  3. EngEd

EngEd Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Finished the game with patch 1.06 with my RTX 3080, which went smooth enough for me at 4K. But I did not get that witcher 3 feeling on this game, unfortunately, so this game will not most likely be any game of the year or decade, after finishing it, I don't feel playing this game any further for side missions or DLCs.

evak and itpro like this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Enjoyed the game a ton despite its missleading marketing and missing content, looking forward to DLCs and if CDPR can turn things around.
    Really hope they stick to the game for years to come.

evak, Dragam1337 and kapu like this.

5. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Only 1 major bug so far, the Delamain cabs missions don't work for me, I get to the area, the phone goes but there is no dialogue. This then causes the yellow track objective line to stop working until a restart.
    The world map is great, feels huge and with plenty of variety of scenery.
    However the longer I play, the more content I feel just hasn't been fully developed such as the gangs. So far it seems to make no difference which gang affiliation enemies have making the whole gang thing pointless. Maybe it kicks in later in the game.

TLDR : Fantastic looking game (on 3090), gameplay is good compared to other games but leaves you feeling it could be a lot better.

evak likes this.
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Me too but haven't they already stated that we shouldn't be expecting a No Man Sky redemption for the title? I am not really sure that they can recover the game to what a lot of people were expecting, or for that matter what they promised, it just feels like it would require an almost ground up rework.
    I am sure with some clever patching and bug fixing they could at least hide or polish some of the let-downs in the game.

evak and XenthorX like this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Clearly after working so long on the game they do plan to support it for a couple years more. But the law enforcement system needs a complete start over, same with trauma team imo :confused:

8. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    Add the crafting system to that rework, I must have wasted hours with that crafting bar before I found out you could mod crafting time to 0.01s and spam the button to get your crafts done at speed.
    It's still a pain having to press the button god knows how many times to turn item components higher quality though.

XenthorX likes this.
  9. GDILord

GDILord Guest

GPU:
    RX470 4GB
    I have been excited for Cyberpunk 2077 since the initial trailer in January 2013 - eight years ago. Despite me being opposed to preorders, it was going to be the first game that I preordered. (I didn't because I didn't have the money for it.)

They screwed their fans when we all said that we wanted a 3rd person game and they said it will be 1st person: "Trust us."

The more I see videos of the gameplay, the more empty the world feels. It feels like GTA V has more "life" to it.

Most importantly they treated their staff like garbage and manipulated and emotionally blackmailed them - CDPR is even responsible for the breakup of some of their staff's families, and the owners are responsible for the emotional damage that they've had on those children and spouses.

Screw them, I'll buy it when it's at a severe discount. As they're the same owners, by association they've also hurt the sterling reputation that they have with GOG.com. The plus of "DRM-free" only goes so far.

I am disappointed. Very, very, very disappointed.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I put some hours in with settings almost maxed on a 1440p UW display and "really" like it, not encountered any bugs. getting around 50fps with Gsync.
    RTX with HDR looks fantastic in this game and it plays well.
    But I found myself holding back for the better experience later when they patch it, after all I ended up spending nearly £3K on a machine to run it lol (mostly cos I couldnt get a 3080!).
    Probably after the next major patch I'll dive in again, I'm really looking forward to it :)

ps
    no need for comments from those who dislike the game, I will take it for what it is, I'm not so fussy.
    In the meantime I'm lovin' this hardware with games I havent finished yet :D

pps
    I'm not happy with the underside of CDPR and how they treated their staff, but thats a different issue.

11. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Just LOL.

If the people involved in the project had such a bad time, there was an easy way out, quit. Let CDPR rot with the resign on 15-30 employees and F them and the game.

They are talented people with contacts in the whole industry to find a new job in less than a week... So just dont blame CDPR because a family broke or someone cheated on his wife/husband.

12. evak

evak Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2060 OC
    It's been normal for devs to do do crunch. I was a game artist for a few years. Used to spend 3-5 hours a day driving to the Bay Area, had 4 months of cruch 14 hour work days. Free sodas etc and it played hell on my health so I eventually quit. Crap happens, in our case it was playing musical chairs with publishers and making changes. A big chunk of the problem with game dev is addressing marketing and publisher requests. In our case changing publishers in the last year of a project meant a whole bunch of changes which completely ruined our health. Some of the lead staff were sleeping in the office. People got overweight and unhealthy. The company decided to call it quits as investors pulled out due to the financial crisis.

I know CD Project didn't have many of the problems I mentioned. In the end the dev team struggles through it because they are a team and get along with one another. Support each other and try and work through it. It's easier with a small/mid size team with less of the corporate BS. But it's still tough. I ended up doing contract work from home for a healthier lifestyle doing 3D medical sim stuff for training doctors in non invasive heart surgery lol.

One bad thing about being a game dev. You burn out and start to lose interest in games. When you work on them all the time you stop playing other peoples games. After leaving the industry I slowly started playing the odd game and now enjoy them a lot more now than I did then.

Game dev turnaround is still pretty fast. People get passionate about games, work for a few years. If they don't move up in to management they usually burn out and move onto something else entirely after a few years. Too old for that stuff, but as a 20 something it was a fun challenge and quite exciting thing to be doing. If you don't like it you can always quit. There are plenty of other places to use your skills even if they aren't always as much fun, they often pay better and have better more structured production schedules.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ah, i see you're another easily manipulable tool that Jason Schreier has wielded to push his agenda.

KissSh0t likes this.