Assassin's Creed: Valhalla

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Grimbarian, Apr 29, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Plenty of legends and tales to draw from, perhaps a bit less city or town free-running depending on where it's set and when but it doesn't have to be a big problem and the platforming element now is quite expanded anyway instead of the paths or puzzle like design early on for how to scale small buildings to full viewpoints and sizeable monuments.
    (Kinda ended when Syndicate gave players the hook shot device for quick scaling and then Origins let you free climb anything with ease.)

Everything would have firearms though, big huge brute enemies bullet sponges and now with shotguns.
    (But the player would be more ranged combat geared too and reloading wouldn't take forever. :D )

The grenadier was already somewhat like that in AC3 though and the ranged enemies in Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate albeit with a slower rate of fire and penchant for just using it as a melee weapon regardless by the AI. :p

Think a few locations were already inquired about via polls and surveys from Ubisoft but the way multiple studios work on the series the next game is already in development and the one after is getting written up and heading towards pre-production status.
    (So what the results reveal and indicates as popular might take a few games to show up in full effect.)

EDIT: Wouldn't mind a mature setting either not just blood, nudity and swearing that's just extras or completely overdone at times but also social and political but yeah Ubisoft has been skipping on that or greatly toning it down since the very first game sometimes more so sometimes a bit more subtly.

EDIT: Good writing would be a bonus overall though almost mandatory for some of these settings if they would want to get them right but then they've fumbled a number of times already with that.

It's gone more for quick laughs and cheaper humor in fact more downright comical completely silly villains.

Starric kinda worked but also fits that description although the series have had it's unique targets but some were also pretty well written.
    (Unity has some good ones but also mixes it up with some odd takes and changes.)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Singleton99 and Redemption80 like this.
  2. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    It suddendly crash after updated to windows 10 insiders build 21277, like other UBI-games. Always the same UBI games...the rest only ran better.....

Witcher29 likes this.
  3. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Just got 1.1.1.

They fixed Bjorn for me. After recruiting him he would wander around my settlement with a greyed out option to recruit him, now I can finally bring the lummox on my raids.

Was also able to bump the internal res up to 90% of 4k and with VRR it remains smooth, although I have not tested very many areas yet and I don't rely on the benchmark for comparisons...

Passus likes this.
  4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    6.45gb update is out

DocStr4ngelove likes this.

5. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Do you guys force anisotropic filtering in this game?

6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I do it globally in the geforce panel.

Xtreme512 and Witcher29 like this.
  7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Anyone else getting bsods (nvlddmkm.sys) with 461.09? I since reverted back to the day-1 game driver 457.30 and all is fine.

I'm also playing Cyberpunk 2077 but never had a bsod with 461.09, only happens with Valhalla.

I've experienced one ctd with patch 1.1.1.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    had a customer come in getting this with a msi 2080, swapped the card and had no more.

hence my much hated upon claim that drivers are rarely the cause of fringe bsods.

9. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I'm on 457.09 and also had a CTD 2 days ago, right after 5mins into the game lol. Restarted and played hours without problems, so seems to be random if at all.

10. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    During my gameplay (60+hrs) I had like 20 CTD with my 6800XT with latest official or unofficial driver.
    And it's exactly as you say, it can CTD in 5 mins then I could play 4hrs without any problem.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone has a small stuttering when the games auto saves? I play with fps cap.

12. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    After newest update fps is better.i have small sluttering too when auto save,but game CTD again.one day play 4h no one CTD.Play again and CTD after 10min after 30min!

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Everyone has it.

14. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    No? no save stutters here, not with ACV anyway

CP2077 it does

15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Also not having stuttering when auto-save is performed.
    What I have is random CTD tho :D

itpro and Passus like this.

16. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I have had 2 CTDs in 70 hours play so im lucky

itpro likes this.
  17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Can you run the benchmark and post the results please ?

18. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    [​IMG]
    this benchmark is crap,when i play never fps drop 60

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The micro-stuttering is there as i can see in the graph. Is that with G-Sync on ?

20. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    yes with G-Sync