Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Except that is exactly what happened

Dragam1337 likes this.
  2. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    looks solid. free DLC's, updates, patches, fixes. all the good reasons to re-play it if anyone was disappointed. i can already see some intense story\narrative based DLC's
    improving the length and the overall quality of the game, much like in TW3.

cerebus23 and Dragam1337 like this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I know it maybe silly, but i love screwing around with this... new personal headshot record with the sniper riffle overwatch... 2,2 million xD

[​IMG]

cerebus23, Passus and Noisiv like this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I agree with you that they screwed up, and yeah I did have the impression they wanted to do that, build an excellent looking game that had much to offer, and then the consoles screwed them.
    Maybe it's not what happened, but to me personally I had the impression it was like that, they don't invest such time to do RT effects when they would start to build from bottom to top.

I didn't have the impression you tried to attack anybody or me here, it's just that I believe that they bit off more than they could chew, and the essential issue is the release on consoles. And I agree with you, they should not have released the game, and they f'ed up big time. I too was a preorder backer... so you can imagine I'm all but happy how this turned out.

cerebus23 and jbscotchman like this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    it's gone.gif

Uninstalled, get back to me in a year when the game is done.

Noisiv and angelgraves13 like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    preorder but hype evader.

besides it was a nice distraction with all going on EVEN with its flaws.

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm knocking it down to a 2/10. The game is garbage, and CD Projekt has lost all credibility. They didn't understand how verticle games work.

Noisiv likes this.
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-schreier-inside-cyberpunk-2077s-disastrous-rollout.362470/

Various tweets and such guessing it's going to be a larger article in the end.

And more.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1350326730481922050

But yeah lengthy development and despite early showings of the game actual full development began in 2016 and then developers expected 2022 as the release date too, interesting info here.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Jason is a tabloid rag writer that doesn't do any legitimate journalism, never has done.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I thought he was incredibly well respected from the Kotaku days before leaving for writing for other sites at least that's been my impressions but I guess that's also what you get from online discussions and general opinions.
    There's some criticism as usual though but even on Era which is fairly populated with a range of more casual and even some insider users and developers it appears to be mostly minor bickering about how the article should have been longer or have some in-depth info which is likely really hard to get from how secretive and closed the video games industry can be or just that it adds / confirms info that was known from earlier leaks from sources like former developers or other journalists looking into things in the midst of all the praise the game is getting.

Probably timed well though for when to drop this info but at least it's less bothersome than these reaction or algorithm boosting Youtube videos ha ha, let's see this is coming now just a bit after one of the Polish agencies were announcing they were looking into the reports around developer crunch and their complaints about how this was handled and the investors wanting to start some legal settlement over how this was managed.

Happens a lot though, brings more views after all even without the why-is-this-a-thing Youtube head expression algorithm via thumbnail however it works. :D

I'm part of the older generation now I guess, I hate that prevalence but I understand that it does work.
    (Really well too at that. :p )

EDIT: For more PC specific info I tend to utilize Meta Council more and more now but Era still has a number of insider posters or developers though it's shrunk a bit and still get information up very quickly even if it often turns more political or platform hostile I suppose one can call it?
    The initial info can be good the resulting discussion is best just skipped over I feel though occasionally new details are posted that can be interesting or a bit more relevant.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

I applaud your decision to stay in this thread, despite uninstalling it. Hopefully you will continue revising your grades downward well into the realm of negative numbers, while not-raging-at-all over the fact that ppl are having fun in Night City instead of taking your grades more seriously.

Looking forward to more of your quality CB2077 reviews :)

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    he has an established bias in any reporting he does with the intent of inciting the reader base, hes absolutely a coward with no real backbone when it comes to being criticized and his sources tend to be the employee's who caused trouble in the first place.
    [​IMG]
    He exists only to misdirect, misinform and false blame.

14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well I'm not a professional game reviewer, I'm just a man who likes to play games. I shouldn't have to try and like a game or defend it. The more I played this game the more I realized just how broken and shitty it is. This will go down as one of the worst game launches in history. One of the most respected triple A developers crashed and burned over night. Sure I expected some bugs on launch, but I had no idea they cut pretty much everything they showed and claimed the game was gonna be. Can you really defend this? And just for you @Noisiv I'll knock it down to a 1/10. This game should be buried with ET on the Atari 2600.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  15. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Yeah he has very specific Modus Operanti which has been very consistent over the years, he lives on controversy and whatnot.
    But in this particular case i don't think he dug up anything extraordinary, i think everyone already knew what the situation internally was, at least to extent shown in the article.
    If anything, this one time i'm willing to let that slide because REDs management deserves to be roasted till they squeal for this. If they don't, nothing will change - nothing has changed over the years. All of the issues mentioned in the article are VERY long running in the company, making demos for sake of E3 alone, doing things in "we will figure it out along the way" fashion, management screwing everyone over for better or worse. It all happened over and over again and any ex-employee i ever knew didn't even try to deny that.

Their management still has 10-40 man indie mindset where team was small, possibilites minimal and outwards expectations were low, so there was nothing to risk.
    In the meantime everything grew exponentially and they still try same whimsical methods fueled by wishful thinking and "RED Magic" to make up for all of the missteps up till the very end where it usually turns out to be too late.

This has costed Witcher 2 more than one story chapter, Witcher 3 couple of story arcs and significant rewrites and well... with cyberpunk we don't even know the full story yet but it's pretty clear with naked eye that there wide gaping holes in every key aspect of the game.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's going to see some changes I expect particularly because Sony wasn't entirely on-board with their refund plan and that's hitting right in the sales so they have to scramble to negotiate a solution for that at least restoring I think it's digital sales on PS Now that have been removed until this is worked out between CD Project and Sony which is currently ongoing last I heard.
    Bit like Warner Bros and the Arkham Knight port but now affecting a high priority console platform not "merely" the PC version.

Unsure about the refund figures on XBox and PC guessing they're not insignificant and probably might be bigger still for the X One and PS4 due to how rough that version seemingly is even on the One X and Pro models.

Actions around how the last-gen console builds were handled could also see some changes especially if it goes to some legal settlement although exactly how things will change remains to be seen.
    Could be some layoffs or changes in the mid or even upper management although how that affects the game I have no idea it's rare to see a released game get overworked extensively outside of long-term planned MMO projects to my knowledge.

EDIT: Everything is probably a bit of a mess from how the release version was received and trying to get important fixes out asap before the major patches and certifications and such around getting that released.

Plan initially appears to have been getting the current console version and PC builds out much earlier and getting the next-gen versions readied for when these consoles launched but the delays already made that difficult and then shot right past any chance of that happening so that must have affected their projected sales and what not already when they had to announce this.

But without passing certification there was no real choice couldn't get a even more buggy version of the game out early so they had to delay it much as it sounds like the management really struggled against having to do just that until there was no other alternative.

EDIT: Part of the release strategy and early announcement but I wonder how much could have been freed up from halting the prior console versions and focusing on PC and the upcoming console hardware instead.

Scale for that but then you can't really go next generation console exclusive and drop the existing user base like that it'll take a while for the PS5 and X Series adaption so you're leaving several million existing consoles and potential sales which yeah that's not really happening unless they were doing a exclusivity deal and getting the resources from Microsoft or Sony for that.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Sony, one of the biggest digital giants of the world removed the game from their client service. That is a big problem.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well the ps version did not work at all, ok it ran spordacally and badly.

should not have released like that at all i think we all agree.

19. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    CDPR doing fake gameplay demos. Who would have thought. I remember one dude on twitter saying that its all a scam and that the game does not exist. When they last postponed it. Well f*ck me he was actually right. That f*cking game that they presented never existed. So sad. I guess we have at least the hope that they may pull a re-launch with a definive edition with more of the features of the intended game, but probably best that we will get is a non spawning cop near you, but around the freacking corner and a better LOD.

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Well, as far as CDPR goes in specific, you can ask any ex-employee who worked there at any project since their very first game and they'll outright tell you that making demos for sake of game shows, which then get mostly/partially scrapped is the company "tradition".

They like to look good and it shows, 2077 as a game was 80% driven by marketing.