Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just my impression here:

Glad I bought and play the PC version.
    To paraphrase, their error was not to develop for PC and scale down, but to bring out a game that's supposed to be next gen for old gen as well. Greed's a B, but I guess they had to do it to get the financing. And there's the issue.
    No comment on how the decision to release this game actually has consequences.

I do believe they will deliver lots of fixes, but the game is essentially and in reality not the most innovative to start with. Won't change much about the game, and by the time they patch it up, people won't really bother with it except the fans who love them anyway... so damage already done.

All in all, still playing it (seen the no return warning and promptly turned around, still gigs to pull off!), but yeah... will post my verdict once I feel I'm done.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, maxed out crafting. You get some iconic weapons from quests, and alot of those quests and weapons are missable if you make the wrong choice. Like i missed out on jackies weapons, cause i choose to deliver his body to the ripper, rather than to his family... makes you miss out on his funeral etc. But it Wasn't at all apparent that it would have that consequence...

Anyways other iconic weapons are dropped as crafting schemes from organized crime bosses - you know the blue skull logos on the map. Most of them reqruire you to be able to craft epic weapons. If you have crafting maxed out, then you can upgrade all iconic weapons to legendary.

So i have them at legendary, upgraded to max level, and when i upgraded them to legendary, i reloaded alooooot of times to get the perfect stat combo - stats are randomly applied when upgrading iconic weapons, so the same weapon can end up being meh, or godlike.

Aside of that, i have them filled out with epic grade weapon upgrades - usually 4x 12% crit damage increase, or 4x 8 weapon damage increase.

Im yet to have leveled my skills to level 20 yet (you have to gain xp with each skill). When i do, i reckon i will be able to pull off 2,5 million crit headshots with the revolver crash - currently maxes out at about 1.6 million. The last skill in pistols will give 30% more damage, and the last skill in cold blood will give 25% more crit damage. Shall be interesting to see ! :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    JonasBeckman and fantaskarsef like this.
  3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    When its done....

4. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    They seem to try to make a spin as if PC was the flawless version without any issues, whilst in truth it only doesn't suffer from most severe ones which is overall performance and streaming issues.

Other than that it isn't any better, it's still buggy as all hell, none of the number systems are even relatively balanced.
    Lots of stuff is cut, some if which is sorely missing like cops system to spawn/give chase properly. Bulk of dialogue choices do not have any actual impact on the game, skill system is pretty much lowest effort of percentage modifiers.

I think what hasn't been said speaks more than what was said, pretty much getting the game running on last-gens is top priority in order to get it back on PSN/MS Store and regain the possibility of sales on 50% of the market. Beyond that some undescribed fixes (probably mostly bugfixes, nothing major) and from there on DLCs, ergo content.

No major overhauls, bulk of cut stuff probably won't be making a return. We'd be lucky if crowd AI is anyhow improved besides minor tweaks and same probably applies to cops.

jbscotchman likes this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    He sounds like he is confessing to a murder and pleading for his life.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    For early access game? :p I would give it 3/10 :)

jbscotchman and angelgraves13 like this.
  7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    what ea games you been playing?

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes I took the cold blood one but I missed the last pistol one because it requires stat rank 20, something I only realised late in the game, and probably not worth to bother with it anymore :D
    But thanks, yes, crafting seems to be the thing to get the best weapons. Thanks for the tips

So does anybody have his weapon stash full on the walls? I am collecting those iconic weapons whenever I get there, did all the crime bosses, and still don't have them all :D

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Sadly i wont have all of them - you would need to be someone who read up on every quest before doing them, cause there are lots of quests that if you make the wrong choice along the way (which may be very obscure), then you miss out on the iconic weapon.

10. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes it seems like that. Although those choices sadly mostly effect loot and not the story...
    But yes, probably it's like you say, and I can't be bothered to spoiler myself that much during the first play through tbh. I guess I'll see what comes along my way.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Same, i dont want to know anything about the story before playing it, and i generally never do a 2nd playthrough of a game - i get the most out of it on my first playthrough :)

I've still got quite a few side quests left, most of the blue markers around the world (organized crime, assaults etc), and only started on 2nd act of the main questline :)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    The start with the re-enactment of DLCs/lootboxes/etc is hilarious and a rather scathing yet accurate portrayal of the big boys in the industry. Worth watching the whole thing. Oh, and the disco balls...

And a response to the CDPR trying to take responsibility video (follows up on the principal meme in the review):

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Can't stand AngryJoe... so, nope. Will not be watching.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Why do people continue to repeat this if it´s false? The game was announced when the PS4 and Xbox were "fresh" in the market and the game was developed with them as a primary "target" alongside the PC version. They new very well the limits of both consoles but still they said that they wanted to relase the game on them, because of all the gamers with both consoles.

The truth is that CDPR ****** up things big time and what they should do right now is apologize to everyone and fix the game the best they can.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Think i just found a new favourite weapon for lolz... that rate of fire ! It sounds like an MG42 xD

[​IMG]

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Gotta say, i wish that i could have gotten all the iconic weapons - just sux you have to spoil the story for yourself, if you aim to get all iconic weapons.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Why I keep saying that, although I have mentioned it for the first time? Because it's in their latest video. He explicitly states they wanted to "make it look epic on PC and then adjusting it to consoles". 1:35 mark in their latest video. Linked a bit over your post, seems you missed it.

While this is what they say and might not be the truth, since they have stated different things, I tend to see it like that. They have a history of a PC based catalogue, and I can imagine they went from what they knew and then ported it.
    But in doubt, I could also doubt their first statement of developing it on consoles alongside the PC. Maybe just the next gen consoles, where the game actually makes sense to be played?

Ultimately, it doesn't matter at all. The choice to release on last gen consoles is clearly a financially reasoned one, because they would lose sales. If they didn't have a console version at all, they wouldn't even have sold a single copy on PS5 or the latest Xbox, only relying on PC sales these days is a thing very unpopular.
    And second, it doesn't matter at all since I agree with you, they screwed up, they should not have released the console version in it's state. Honestly, the PC version is bugged, but it's playable.
    And since you asked for them to apologize and fix it to the best and fastest of their ability, that's exactly what they did and promised in their latest video, shared before your post. I guess you got what you hoped for?

TheSissyOfFremont and Noisiv like this.
  18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That's a very terrifying weapon.
    The club that is.
    (Ka-Bar knife handle on that thing too.)

I like the SMG also and those are some funny looking mods too but then the SMG tends to be the DPS weapon in gaming maybe not quite as versatile as the rifle but shoots all the bullets really fast for lots of numbers popping up on screen simultaneously. :D

19. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    No disrespect fanta, you know i love you, but some things simply don´t make sense.

For example, saying that they wanted to make it epic on PC and then scale down to consoles with much weaker hardware dosn´t make any sense. They know very well they have to do the opposite, start from the bottom and then scale the game up as hardware becomes more powerful. They now this by experience after all the troubles porting W3 to consoles, specially to the Switch...

Like you said, the choice to release on last gen consoles was a financial one because of the huge player base but at the same time they started developing the game when the next gen consoles were just a dream, so that´s no a valid reason to justify the mess they did on the PS4 nad Xbox one.

As for their apology, it was a very weak one and they only gave it because of all the public backlash and still had the nerve to use some lame excuses to explain this mess...

And i agree that they are trying to fix the game, that´s the least they can do, specially because i think they still have great plans concerning the game as a big source of revenue in the future, concerning their plans for MT, DLCs and the MP part of the game.

To be clear, i don´t have anything against you or against any other members that bought and are enjoying it, but i really hate to see people repeating the PR BS that companies use to justify when they f*** big time.

fantaskarsef and serbicu like this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It might have worked better on the old crappy consoles if they had done it from bottom up, but fact is that they did it top down, which is very evident when looking at the pc vs old console versions. The old console versions have been stripped of nearly everything in order to even run on that crappy hardware.