Best Driver for GTX 980

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vicalvi, Jul 13, 2018.

1. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    come on man, stop playing Astyanax. Freedom of information F'ACT and if he wants to provide information to older gen card user's then let him have the freedom to do so. FACT

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Sounds more like a driver regression for OBS than anything.
    There is zero proof that Nvidia sabotages older cards in newer drivers. Those cards are no longer optimized for, developers stop optimizing for older cards, there are regressions probably that happen due to progress for newer cards.
    I had a 980 until I picked up a 2080 at launch and I had seen zero performance regressions over the lifespan of that card.
    If I still had the card I would put back in to check myself in a non VM environment.
    I will have access to a 1060 as soon as 3080 availability picks up. And I think i'll test that just for shits and giggles to check for performance regressions since that card is now almost 5 years old and is peformance equivalent to a 980.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    What the user doesn't say, is that they are using Display capture (forced vsync) instead of Game Capture

4. lexuger

lexuger Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 Super
    I can only say that the most recent and better results with my GTX 980ti was 445.87, later drivers have only been problems and low performance.

5. MaidenFred

MaidenFred Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti Suprim X
    Hello, best recent driver for me is 452.06 (quadro version with inf modded). Upper version are bugged with crashes to desktop...

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no they aren't.

7. gen0

gen0 Guest

GPU:
    lol, stop white knighting an anti-consumer billion dollar corporation

I used Display capture. Always do.

8. gen0

gen0 Guest

GPU:
    If you don't stream, then you won't notice any difference. With 394.67 i have to double check that the stream is on because it only drops a couple frames unlike recent drivers which cut my FPS in half (not even exaggerating)
    EDIT: typos

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not white knighting to correct your misinformation founded on bs.

10. gen0

gen0 Guest

GPU:
    Keep seething

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I only play destiny2 now and insider 465.21 was ok as well..

But when i tried the same driver in cod ghosts it made 1-2sec pauses every few moments. Like out of vram lag. Could be connection with nvidia physx ingame, im using turbolence and fur on.

The MP is dead anyway so I stopped playing it for good and uninstalled the game.

Atm went back to 461.09 and its ok in destiny2 as well, tried batman AK with it and smoke renders properly, saw some reports with that, guess it's newer hw compatibility fault there.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It affects the benchmark specifically (Attempt to execute memory in non executable region),
    Final Fantasy 15 is affected too apparently.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes I tried only benchmark to see if it's bugged on oldie 980ti, but no such thing.

14. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    I'm kinda curious about this driver version, but i didnt even find it. Can u share it plz?

15. gen0

gen0 Guest

GPU:
    I'd love to, but it seems they have removed it from guru3d. i'll have to upload it later

16. GIBF4

GIBF4 Guest

17. Arinoki

Arinoki Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 650 1GB
    So thing is - it was wrong version mentioned earlier. Not 394.67 (which i believe non-existent), but 397.64. Thanks :)
    I kinda trust xtreme-g modders, so found their tweaked version. Maybe someone else needs it - http://www.mediafire.com/file/4yjkwempfz6lqhl/XG_397.64_WIN10_x64.rar/file
    Also, same tweaked, but slimmed version.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kzPv3yh5DqziIUwlYh0nxhGJNEIhgzFK/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021