Nvidia GeForce Driver Version 461.09 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by EdKiefer, Jan 7, 2021.

1. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    You would get better better results using Special K injector with flip model presentation, waitable swapchain and frame limit enabled to get those silk smooth framerates and responsiveness.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sorry if this issue has been replied to before but I've had a problem with my monitor not going to sleep for a month or so now, I'm on 460.79. I hung out with a friend yesterday who told me the same thing and he's on 460.97 with the same card as me.

Anyone know anything about this?

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For anyone playing Supcom FA, theres been an issue with 460 drivers that caused annoying stutter in the game. In the sub-reddit FAF section, some have said this has been resolved with 461.09. Tried it and indeed its been resolved.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not according to the 461.09 reddit post.

5. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    @Astyanax what are the symptoms of running Icue and crashes, i am getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD and it's nvlddmkm.sys driver crashing, crash address nvlddmkm.sys+95f3e0 , and i run Icue and i am wondering if this is the cause. I have uninstalled Icue but not long enough to see if problem still exists

6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    You keep wanting that to be a thing. It isn't.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    GPU hangs and screen goes blank.

exception bsod could be related to any utility or tool that interacts with the display driver though. can even be caused by a monitor going bad.

8. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    Boys because I had to format my system drive and install Windows 10 again I was very curious if my issue is still a thing on fresh installation.
    What can I say? After I install every drivers and Windows Update stuff and then newest NV drivers (461.09) my screen remain black as soon as Windows goes in to login screen and will remain that way unless I remove those drivers to install older variants, like 457.09 or 457.30.
    Newer drivers from that brach (457) makes my screen black - hard to tell what's going on, but I assume that it might be NV thing, because I could use pretty much any driver from 446.xx up to some 457.xx without visiible issues.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    disable freesync on the monitors side.

10. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    Yea that's what i get

Edit: nope not Icue just had another one

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021

11. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    Any idea when Nvidia are going to look into hardware acceleration lockups related to web browsers ? I have a feeling it's more related to windows.

Yesterday while browsing forum threads through GOG galaxy a hard lockup occured, after reboot event log pointed to Nvidia driver crash. I read that GOG uses chromium for the browser side so I assume it's the same issue as the browser.

Everything is stable when I use the client for games only.

Solid set of drivers otherwise.

12. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    i think we have a winner with this driver, so far i have not had the screen wakeup issues that plagued me with all the 460.x drivers (fingers crossed!)

LG C9 + RTX 3090 appears to be ok (bonus is the fixed black levels for LG). Although I haven't messed with Reference Color at all; might do that this week.

13. garyb

garyb Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they say they had fixed this issue !!!

14. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Do you have HAGS enabled? For me with HAGS enabled driver starts to TDR occasionally, system is stable with HAGS disabled.
    I feel like there's always something running in the background that uses hardware acceleration when TDR occurs; browser, Discord, Spotify, Steam etc.
    Not like HAGS does anything to improve performance in my case so not a big loss.

15. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I think I disabled HAGS but it wasn't until I disabled HA in the browser the freezing stopped. Only started back up when using GOG browser. I tried looking for a way to disable it in GOG but it looks like it's hard coded unless it's can be done via CMD line.

16. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Valhalla keeps crashing for me with this driver, gonna go back and see if it changes.

Edit:
    Was definitely causing crashing to desktop, rolled back to 460.97. Btw I'm using a 3090.

17. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I do not know if you're writing this one for me or not - but I tried that too, so far still no success of getting latest drivers working on my system.
    I could get that one working only with NV Optimus, but I'm not interested of using that technology if I paid extra for MUX switch.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    whats your full specs?

19. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I9-9900k with Corsair aio
    Asus maximus x formula
    Seasonic 1000w platinum
    16x2 gig 3200 'patriot'
    970 Evo m.2 512 for Windows 10
    2x Samsung 870
    1x Seagate HD
    Sound Blaster ae9
    6 case fans
    LG C9

All running at stock except for ram which is using XMP profile.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @ManuelG when do you guys return to the campus, this problem likely needs a machine brought in for local diagnostics.