Review: ASUS Radeon RX 6900 XT STRIX OC LC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    MS Flight Sim 20-20 is a junk mess because instead they,M$$$,should build the game on Dx12 API they bring the game with Dx11 junkyard. [​IMG]
    Do Not try to test Fs2020 in this time,its useless Dx11 junkatry.

2. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Works great here.

They are working on dx12, but I have time to wait when it's working just fine now.<<

If you think it's running like junk, it must be the hardware that is junk. ;)

PS: You don't need 100fps+ in this game...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    But at least 60+ minimum or ideally 90+ FPS steady would be nice in VR, at least. ;)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Turanis and nizzen like this.
  4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    It cost far more then $500 for a custom loop that is not china junk. I know because I just spent over $500 and thats without my pump/res setup. And if you are already an aio on your cpu and want a gpu like this, its pretty damn easy.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I have the Sapp Nitro+ RX 6900 XT and it's a monstrous card, probably won't need a GPU upgrade for the next two years at least. Playing Gears of War 5 Hivebusters and Serious Sam 4 @ 3840x1080, max ingame setting and still net >100fps, pretty happy with the card actually.

6. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    these asus strix lc oc are 3ghz cards but are instead limited to <2700 due to the driver

7. Sebas1985

Sebas1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    @Cooe
    @Undying

sorry, but you didn't read the review?
    spine exaggerating a bit, that's all.
    every amd or nvidia review is commented all day with this nonsense comments about...no it's faster, no it's not but all kind of fanboys without being finally objective. yeah in lower resolutions it's doing fine..but in higher resolution the lower memory bus and lower memory clock is slowing it down. and after telling you both that your next reply goes about -> no one really games 4k or higher resolution or is using raytracing and such things. that's not the point. as long as there are consumers (gamers and designers) out there using 4k or 8k resolutions it matters and should be reviewed. it's an overall review and not an 1080p review...it show's how that card performs at all and on the last page of the review...it's ranked below the 3090. so finally his statement is not totally wrong. but your statements in your comments are only a cherry pick of what matters for you (games and resolutions) or where it outperforms other cards. and no... i am not a fanboy, i switch between amd and nvidia in different setups. there is no perfect card at all, and never was...it's about what matters for you.
    e.g.: i wont use a 3090 or 6900 for my father banking stuff or an software developer machine. that's a workload fitted for a simple onboard graphic card.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah. I was lookin into building a custom loop and all the parts would costs me more than €1000 here. If I could ever find them in stock, that is. :(

9. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    not really. it depends on what you're counting as part of your loop. $300 for top flight pump/res, $100 for a copper 360 rad, <100 for a waterblock.
    adding the gpu is another rad and another waterblock.
    if i wanted to count China-crap subtract 25%. everything i'm talking about is 1st world manufacture.

10. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    It's all about post count ;)

11. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    If you're interested in water-cooled 6800s and 6900s, there are Liquid Devil versions on the way.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The liquid devil rx5700xt was actually pretty slick and pricy.

Mpampis likes this.
  13. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    Yeah it was. Almost 700€. I got me a reference 5700XT and an EKWB block for about 500€ combined. The Liquid Devil is much smaller in size though.

Undying likes this.
  14. ghostwich

ghostwich Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6900XT
    Nice review, a fair amount of overlap with the 6800XT version, but that was to be expected (the cooling solutions are... as far as can be seen, identical?).

This is a question for the author, but really, for anyone who may know: who is the manufacturer of the AIO component? ASUS has worked with Asetek in the recent past on their ROG Strix and Ryujin CPU coolers (https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts/diy-partners/rog) so it would seem a natural fit, especially since Asetek has established a foothold in the space (https://www.asetek.com/gamingenthusiasts/technology-for-gamingdiy/gpu-cooling).