Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well my best friend finished it, gave around 145 hours in it. he was having some issues with performance but he managed ( RX580 ). he also wrote a more comprehensive positive review on Steam.

we are very much alike in our taste in games so he told me it's worth it, a much better experience than the reviews name it. story is mature and game-play is a blast ( his words ). he also mentioned he had bugs, but nothing worse than other games he enjoyed like Vampire Bloodlines \ Witcher \ Fallout4 and others.

another extremly positive review comes from my wife's little brother ( he is 21 years old ), he also said the same thing about how far fetched reviewers mentioned bugs and problems in a game that is no different from a lot of other AAA titles. he also enjoyed it very much.

i will keep following the topic for the sake of personal interest.

Dragam1337, Passus, rflair and 4 others like this.
  2. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Hug it out boys. Maybe a lil sucky suck action too...

MaXThReAT and Noisiv like this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    lol, you weirdo

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm taking it down to a 5/10, and things aren't looking good.

MaXThReAT likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It certainly has some nice glitches though.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2332295075

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2316489067

And zero sense of gravity. :D
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2329548656

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2319983833

Kinda want to jump in early but going to wait while wrapping up more of the current backlog and see what a few patches can do, more linearity might have helped a bit too something like what Witcher 2 had though I can see the appeal of a open world city and surroundings especially with this new generation of tech even if it's very early on and comparably I suppose GTA 6 is going to be quite a showcase whenever that comes out.
    (Really lengthy development times for those games though and a lot of resources available it's kinda hard to match although I think Take2 has been pushing for a tighter release cycle too.)

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    New personal headshot record with the revolver crash ! (and yes it actually says 1,5 million xD )

[​IMG]

Noisiv and KissSh0t like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Are you sure about that statement? What about Bethesda? What about EA? I'd say there are far worse companies than CDPR. Once again, even though there are things missing it doesn't mean that the base game is complete trash.

GTA V was quite buggy on release too (though not as bad as CP2077). The biggest difference to me was that I had technical problems with GTA V - problems downloading the game and the memory leak plus a few other things that I vaguely remember now. I've not had any technical issues with CP2077.

Which game is best would be a matter of personal opinion but I would say that I enjoyed Cyberpunk a lot more than GTA Vs story mostly due to weird-ass Trevor.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thx, I knew I was there already since I recognised the enemy, but somehow didn't pick up the weapon I guess.

DannyD likes this.
  9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    The he game fell short of what was showcased and talked about having; no question. The thing is though, the majority of these reviewers have no clue what a dystopian society really is. Looking for reactions from a society that feels like no matter what they do it does not matter; their life is pointless. Heads down just shuffling around with no reaction to what is happening around them is spot on to me. The general malaise of not caring one way or the other is perfect. Gang life is gang life, dystopian or not, not going to change. The rich are not going to react either; too trivial a matter. Really the only big gripe I had was the teleporting cops. Not for the fact they teleport to the scene, this is the future, but that they would have a mass appearance in the corner I was hiding in whenever I stepped far enough from it. Everyone has been desensitized from the over-the top advertising to how corps are able to do whatever they want without repercussions. From another point of view, addressing the whole way one's choices affect one's life in the end. How many crossroads are there in one's life. Ones that actually affect the true nature of one's self. So the fact the only point that V's outcomes comes down to one point in the game is most likely closer to reality than not. Like I said before though, the newness wore off.

@Dragam1337 I tried Crash out, it has its appeal but there is just some strange satisfaction from seeing body parts fly or beating an npc unconscious with a dildo.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

Now that's a lot a damage...

Kevin Mauro and Dragam1337 like this.

11. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Lol hehehe yeah yeah that was deserved you’re pretty cool man for taking it in stride

12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    [​IMG]
    :p
    Last one i promise.:oops:

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What is this weapon?

I've never seen it before... not the one your character is holding, the one shooting the strange laser thing.

14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    It was the coolest thing imo from nvidia's rtx trailer and can be found here >
    https://i.imgur.com/VwtfseN.png

KissSh0t likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    (•_•)

Looks like ( •_•)>⌐■-■

I have a city to burn (⌐■_■)

fantaskarsef, Netherwind and DannyD like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I killed him, but it was a massive weapon attacked to his armor, not one you can pick up ?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Also killed him and couldn't pick anything up.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    same here :(
    god damn...

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Can anyone else confirm that in photo mode child characters go invisible... then exiting out they appear again.

20. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I've yet to kill the enemy, damn i was looking forwards to it.

Dragam1337 likes this.