RX Vega Owners Thread, Tests, Mods, BIOS & Tweaks ! (cont.)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Glidefan, Mar 31, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im not so sure, it does do something - that's why GPU is stable.

Im using this setup:
    bcdedit /set useplatformclock false
    bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

with HPET OFF in Device Manager.

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    3800X & 5900X in this game performs similar at 1440p & 4K.

[​IMG]

DanielRX likes this.
  3. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    Sorry, i didn't mean it as BS, i didn't know how to describe the timer change so that sentence was wrong, all i know for sure is back in 1607/1709 the timer was different and sometimes now setting useplatformtick yes managed to stop crashes for certain old games
    But sadly i installed 20h2 vanilla and did it and it doesnt work, so i assume its not part of that anyway, the game just basically runs and crashes 30 seconds in even though its smooth and theres no signs of instability, i think its a windows thing that rarely fixes itself, damn,

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    OnnA likes this.
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    I haven't been here for a while but decided this week to update to latest RADEON drivers, also because I swapped a 1500X with a 3500X few weeks ago and see how the VEGA64LC I own performs since.

with these FS results, I am in TOP5 potentially on the 3DMark users ranking so its not too bad

my OC settings are attached, and I haven't taken the time yet to play again with Memory Tweak software so its completely stock out of the box as you can see.

any tips how I could break the 26k Graphics barrier?

thanks so much

Olivier

Attached Files:

OnnA likes this.

5. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    forgot to say, I OCed my 3500X to 4.4Ghz all cores,I have a 4.5Ghz OC setting but its running at 1.25V and I am not willing to use this for Gaming

6. shiozaki

shiozaki Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I think I've taken my vega 56 as far as I can I think, I can only do p7 @ 1660, with a V64 bios and the reg mod for 200% power offset, i cant get it stable any higher, I'm on water and neither the core nor the memory goes over 50c, I've lower the voltage to 1180 stable since 1200 wasn't doing me any good, fire strike score is 25075, id like to go farther but im not sure how, vega is a weird card to overclock, would still like to know if there are issues with the LC bios on the 56 cards since that's the only way i can see going farther with 1250 max core voltage vs 1200, and AFAIK the new drivers had a bug flashing one on the v56 cards

any input would be great.

Memory seems stable at 1180 with no artifacts, 20 passes fire strike ultra.

7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    did it, went beyond 26k Graphics score with the attached memory tweaks

funny thing though is my Physics score went down by 2000points compared to yesterday run without changing my CPU OC or Windows Power plan:confused::confused::confused:

anyway, again if people can advise further memory tweaking, more than happy to test them even if I think 27k is kind of out of reach :D

Attached Files:

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  9. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    Rebooted PC and my Physics score is back to 14000 with overall beyond 20000points now

I had pushed core and memory clocks morevin the past but it was crashing.

I am not sure if going from 1150mv P7 voltage to 1200 will be safe and really helpful because i am already in low to mid50 degC at max OC and with fans quite cranked up

My card might be already temps limited or the thermal paste has lost its properties ( its 2nd hand card dont know precisely how old and if previous ownerb pushed it since i bought it 2yrs ago)

10. l_gel

l_gel Member

GPU:
    MSI r7850
    Hey I've been researching how to do the registry changes on my Vega 56, but I still feel very novice for this particular ovcerclock. Do you think you could help me out? My 56 seems like a great clocker (running very high clocks and with undervolt), but the +50% always seems to be the limit on performance. Even +75% would be nice to play around with. My temps are great so that won't be an issue.

Things I'm not sure about: what do I need to download (not sure which of the softpowerplay tables or editor, ect)? Which drivers actually work with the mod? I'm ok with older drivers since most of my games are older than 2019 anyway. I always used afterburner when OCing older cards, but the driver/registry side is the only way to do this for Vega or what?

If anyone else wants to chime in, please and thankyou.

11. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    I pushed the P7 core voltage to 1.2V but highest sustainableclocks were still in the 1700/1710Mhz range

FS score as result was around 26500

Temps were hovering between 52/53 degC so is that right to believe i have reached the limits of my GPU silicon?

Or anything else I could try now?

12. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    In my vega 1.2v was to much, the heat totally destroyed the boost max. try to reduce in small increments to see if it helps ;)

I really loved my vega and miss all the tweaking compared the 6800XT I have now :)

13. Mt441PL

Mt441PL Active Member

GPU:
    6700XT AIB
    im trying to play Cod: World at War campaign or ***** zombies (i got it cheap on disc) and it just stutters insanely like at least 6-10 stutters until the game evens out, on Vega 56, i tried stock (it is anyway), tried my hpet/platformtick, disable fullscreen optimizations, even game mode, but i got it working at one point and now it just keeps doing it, unplayable, and its a game from 2009. Anyone know if this is just broken on Vega or is it same on e.g. a 580? Im using the 1.7 patched retail not steam, i tried tweaks, config resets, it just keeps coming back, RIP.

14. NAZ2222

NAZ2222 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC 6800XT 16G
    HBCC? Make antivirus not check the game folder also ;)

15. Nolive721

Nolive721 Member

GPU:
    6600XT
    Hello.thanks but actually i am set with my OC at 1.15V so I was pushing voltage higher to see if it can bring any benefits with just this voltage parameter in isolation.
    What i observe is no improvement raising voltage alone so i am unsure what to do next if anything

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. Dener de Paula Pereira

Dener de Paula Pereira Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    Hello guys
    What's the most stable driver for vega 56 to date?

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Im using now 20.11.1 pre-WHQL -> it's fine (one bug with BFV) overall is solid.
    Try also 20.12.1 WHQL or 20.11.2 WHQL

Note:
    IMhO 20.12.1 WHQL will be the best (Try it first).
    Im not in a hurry to install new drivers just yet ;) (All is OK).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    DanielRX likes this.
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV