Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    This honestly looks plausible in a way that someone from outside the company has been long time follower and constructed a wishful scenario of a magic turnaround based on their existing imagery of the company.

I don't think any company in AAA segment would devote time and resources solely for the cause of major overhauling already shipped product, simply because A - it already generated majority of the profits and B - it's near on impossible to redo some core aspects due to their complexity and how they interlock with other game systems and mechanics, best they could do to fix some of those is just board them off.
    And lastly C - there's always next paid thing that needs to be worked on, so nobody will sanction devoting time and human resources on maintaining less or not profitable work when there's upcoming paid content to work on.

It just feels like people developed another coping mechanism in way of "stages of grief".
    >The game is going to be awesome
    >What the frack is this?
    >Ok let's come to an universal agreement that it's buggy and great at same time (bargaining)
    >Well it's buggy and kinda lacking but SURELY everything that is broken and missing will be fixed in a year or so.

I mean come on, how much of a wishful thinker one can be.
    Surely, some of things can be fixed, some of the missing stuff can be polished and added back to the game, either as one of those free DLCs (majority of 16 W3 free DLCs were also stuff that didn't make the cut into launch in time) or bigger stuff will be just bundled along paid expansions.
    But that's that, there's not going to be a magical Cyberpunk 2.0 which would be a day/night difference from existing product, best we could hope for is probably "1.5" where some of the most flawed aspects are reasonably improved (with keyword being reasonably).

People who hope that there will be "2.0" in a year or so are same people who truly believed that the game would be 2nd gaming jesus on launch and well... are just setting themselves up to another disappointment. Just be real and set your expectations accordingly.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I really like alot of aspects about the game.

Like how you can customize weapons, crafting etc... building a headshot monster setup

[​IMG]

I don't like that you cant customize cars... and the fact that the ones you can buy are the worst versions of the cars... like this shion - the black one is the one you can buy, the red one is a custom one stolen off the street.

[​IMG]

Passus and cerebus23 like this.
  3. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3090 X Trio
    Have to agree here. Plus, even *if* there were a major overhaul of the game (which there won't be for many of the very reasons you stated), for those of us who will have already played through the shipped product, there wouldn't be much added intrinsic replay value here. One's best bet would be to try to enjoy the game as-is as much as possible given the known issues or, if you're patient (and actually care) enough, try to wait until CDPR has bugfixed as much as possible before starting your first playthrough. And the latter option probably won't apply to most of us here.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    @Netherwind
    Movement or time always slows down when scanning “hostile” objects.

Netherwind likes this.

5. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I would say it's a bit emotional and title is clickbait but other that it's fairly on point if you want to have that particular take on the game i would say it's a valid view.
    I wouldn't exactly call it a turd in a crepe paper but yeah, no point in arguing that a lot of things went wrong and if you compare final product to the 2018 specifically then besides graphics a lot of things seemed to take a nose-dive and/or are simply no longer in game.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Oh please.. Yea it's my fault I watched videos that CDPR put out boasting about how great the game is gonna be.

hurakura and Gandul like this.
  7. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Well one would hope after years of games letting people down would enable you to hold off the hype

so yeah it kinda is your fault mate

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Yeah, that's someone stirring the pot trying to get people hyped for a second time, lol. I don't think the core game will change that much so sorry to say that those who think the game sucks now are probably never going to get what they hoped for.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Gandul likes this.
  10. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    This is such a disaster. I'm like 50 hours in and I'm done. I kinda want my money back but yeah I still wanna keep the game but Meh. What can you do. CDPR can have my money in two years when the game is done. It's almost like early access to a beta... But it's Cyberpunk. (shrug)

jbscotchman likes this.

11. Gandul

Gandul Member

GPU:
    DUKE RTX 2080 Ti
    A No Man's Sky style of fixing isn't out of the realm of possibility, especially when you factor in that CDPR will want to repair their damaged reputation.

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Doesn't really apply to Cyberpunk, a game that is pretty much linear and once you complete it, you're pretty much done. No Man's Sky is pretty much an endless game and keeps adding new content all the time. Live service games can afford to release unfinished, to a certain degree. A single player RPG game, no chance. You either wait for it to be fixed or you buy it on release and have a crap time.

Zenoth likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    skyrim and oblivion are equally linear.

its the modders and mods that keep those games going period.

cdpr needs to bring the ai and sandbox at lest to witcher standards and add basic functionality like the cars, vision, basic emergant gameplay, which requires better civilian behaviors and police reactions.

fix the draw bugs and memory leaks obviously.

then they need to not half arse the modding tools and support like they did for witcher 3 and let the community add content and mechanics.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Dodging /holstering weapon is much easier with these MX Speed keys i've started using, my previous keyboard had the reds. [it's also got 1ms response so perhaps this helps too, dunno what my previous was]
    *1.2mm actuation so you just need to brush them.
    **i'm aware of mod /input tweak but cba, still not played any other game since it's release.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.
  15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea i got reds and it seems buggy as hell to 2x to holster. half the time it swaps instead.

16. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    CDPR changed a lot in the past couple of years, of course especially since their success with TW3, which I suspect really did get to the higher ups' heads.

With Cyberpunk now out the way it is, we're learning [something that internally I'm sure the actual artists and devs were seeing over time before all of us consumers] that - after all - CDPR is now, more than ever before, no different as a big development company as any others that also took the path of "It's only about money, screw the passion for games". CDPR is now a company not just capable of, but willing to rush out their games at a specific period of time in a year where profits would be best (holidays, or special occasions like in this case was a one-chance-in-a-near-decade opportunity with the "coincidental" release of a new generation of consoles). It would be the same for DLCs / Expansions (be it for Cyberpunk or any other games they would make in the future).

Now that we know how CDPR truly are, and that they're capable of doing the same 'stunts' as any other big ones out there it veins of EA, UbiSoft, Activision or Bethesda, there is maybe a 1% chance that they also didn't happen to 'adopt' the standardized game development 'model' within the industry for said big companies that do use it.

It's a classic model, by now and it consists of the following steps:

1) Announce a game years prior to release.
    2) Advertise and over-hype it as much as possible, starting at any particular point in time before release (be it 1 or 2 years prior).
    3) Create pre-made, scripted misleading and downright false representations and "demonstrations" of said game at specific events (E3, pre-Covid, or now with Online Live events), which contributes to fuel point #2 above.
    4) Give a release date, maybe delay it one time to give the impression that they're serious about it to add to the hype (anything is good enough to add to the hype), while making sure the pre-orders start kicking in.
    5) Internally, devs / artists may "warn" higher ups that the game is "not finished", but the warning is largely ignored.
    6) Game is "released" (I.E. rushed out).
    7) Game is either 'broken' to any extent (bugs, glitches, etc), missing content / features (either big and it's obvious, or maybe more subtle and you do notice nonetheless) but you payed full price anyway and the publishers, investors / shareholders are happy; they got their last word on you.
    8) Now comes the "gamers outcry", they ride the storm by formulating their regular PR crap (if any), pretending they're sorry or "aware" of the situation and are "working on it".
    9) The dust falls down a bit over some months, patches come out; then the next part of the model's cycle begins: one or more DLCs are announced (sometimes even not talking about what said DLCs will even be about).
    10) After 1 year, usually the first DLC is out.

At this point, there's only two things left to do:

1) Plan for maybe a 2nd DLC (maybe), and in the meantime release a few more patches.
    2) As the 2nd year of the game's "timed support" comes to a close, the company announces their next game.

That's when the previous product is left in the dust and nothing is ever done to it again, ever.

So, my prediction for Cyberpunk 2077, in accordance to what CDPR has essentially 'become' over the years, is that yes, they will release patches, and for ONE year they will 'support' it at a good enough level. Be it with patches, MAYBE with 1 or 2 "content" updates that were not initially planned, along with their DLC. Then in 2022 the support in form of patches will dramatically slow down, and we'll probably have months to go without anything going on until their work on the 2nd DLC is done. The release of the 2nd DLC will maybe fix some things for the base game along the way (that's a big "if"). Then, by the end of 2022 or early 2023 Cyberpunk will be left behind; CDPR moving to their next project.

I do NOT expect this game to turn into another "No Man's Sky", not only because the kind of game that Cyberpunk is at its base wouldn't exactly allow for that to happen (in the same way as it did for NMS), but simply because we're talking about CDPR here, not Hello Games. This isn't the CDPR of the 2012 to 2015 period. This is a changed, arrogant, pretentious and over-confident CDPR of 2020. They're no different than all the other big ones now, and I know it's hard to swallow the very idea that those guys are the same that made TW3, but they are. We've all seen this happened to the likes of BioWare in the industry; CDPR is just another victim of the system and the "standard" of Triple-A gaming. It was only a matter of time. And it just so happens that in CDPR's case it happened extremely quickly, in the span of just about 5 years they went from basically the "Chosen One" of the industry with a sterling reputation, to the newest EA on the block.

Even IF they manage to gain some of their reputation back, this whole mess will be remembered for years to come. And even if the game itself does get 'better' over the next year or two, it WILL be remembered for how horrendous it was at release. They will be mocked for years to come, and confidence in the "quality" of their games will take a LONG time to be taken seriously again. Even their next project, whatever it may be and even if it comes out in 10 freakin' years from now will be looked at by squinted eyes and investigative gamers everywhere scrutinizing any possible traces left in it from the 2020 version of CDPR.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ok sorry everybody, it was my fault the game was released broken and unfinished and disappointed millions of people. :(

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I caved and bought it.

Im still early in, but not going to lie, I have been enjoying it.

Graphics are very impressive. I run all ultra except for Ray tracing shadows on medium. Performance isn't as terrible as I expected.

Have not come across any bugs as of yet so fingers crossed. Definitely not as polished as they advertised though.

XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.
  19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @TaskMaster

There is no Medium Ray Tracing shadows. It's either ON or OFF.

Anyway, you might want to optimize those settings:

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Annoying system that seems carried over from console, instead of pc users just getting a dedicated holster weapon key...

fantaskarsef and cerebus23 like this.