GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 460.97

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mr_ALLroy, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

Nice, lol.

Nope its single display. If i get lucky and it's right after the screen went to sleep, I have been able to remote in with Splashtop and change resolutions and get it working. But usually, I can't get in and have to just hold down the power button to turn the machine off and then back on again.

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Try a different HDMI slot on the TV.

Try a different HDMI slot on the videocard if it has more than one.

Also instead of force shut down & turn on, you could unplug/plug HDMI cable at login screen or when it happens (but that will wear out the HDMI slot, so only use it if it happens and you have something valuable on display).

3. SsXxX

SsXxX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Suprim X
    Hi,

anybody on an a Gsync compatible LG OLED (c9/cx) and an ampere gpus (3090/3080) and facing weird and random gsync issues (flickering, no display)???

does this driver version fix those issues? im still on WHQL 460.89 and i still face issues occasionally, disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable solves the issues when it happens but ofcourse it reoccurs again and then have to disconnect and reconnect ....

4. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Having same issues on Samsung Q80T, well, sort of. Does your display flicker when the VRR range goes under 120Hz and the lower it drops the worse the flicker becomes?

5. fear029

fear029 Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX980 D
    CLEAN version of these show best FPS/Scores in games/benches for me. Keepers.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ctrl+Shift+Win+B do anything?

7. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I facing this problem before when connecting to LG OLED C9, changing to a good quality HDMI 2.1 cable solved all the problem, never facing flickering or no display issue anymore.

8. SsXxX

SsXxX Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Suprim X
    i did change to to a better quality cable and still facing the issues nevertheless

im pretty sure its a driver and/or firmware issue but im not sure who to blame LG or Nvidia, i hope it gets sorted out soon tho

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    @Astynanax

Is there a chance this can be fixed?

Black Ops cold war has bad flickering when using NV Image sharpening via ctrl panel.
    Did not happen on the 1080Ti, only the 3080.

I disabled RT and DLSS and it still does it.
    At the same settings as the 1080Ti it still flickers.

Using Geforce Experience to apply sharpening works but I'd rather not install it for one game.

10. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Key word here is "certified", not "better". Have you gotten a certified HDMI 2.1 cable?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It happened on the 10 and 20 series, but the drivers gone to, and back from using the Optimus whitelist for global sharpening to apply.

CODs issue with nv sharpening is a client issue because its already using an internal negative lod on crates and pickups (afaik) to make them stand out against the environment to counteract the Filmic SMAA implementation in use

I'm not sure why they haven't clamped it to nvidia preferred or w/e the setting is they have started using to prevent it being enabled on some games.

check with other LG users to find out what cables they are using, and make sure you're on the latest firmware.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  12. yurizinho182

yurizinho182 Member

GPU:
    R9 290X
    How the best driver for escape from tarkov, i use rtx 2060 super and have a lot shutterings :(

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Strangely I haven't had any issues with sharpening with two different systems, 1080Ti and a 1080.
    For me, the flickering happens in the sky/foilage areas.

Doesn't seem to happen else where.

All the setups are using Filmic smaa.

It's just unfortunate because DLSS and smaa are too soft for my taste.
    So my options are to either deal with the blur or no AA which looks terrible too.

14. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    i tried both of these multiple times, i think once out of 10 times unplugging the HDMI cable worked (there was no login screen, the computer doesnt lock when it turns off the monitor, but yea still didnt work)

once the PC is unreachable by either remote desktop or Splashtop, it's basically in an unusable state and nothing will get it to show video.

I did just notice i had 'Above 4G Decoding' enabled in BIOS, and that can sometimes lead to black screen in certain configurations. I'm disabling it, maybe it will help!

Edit: also i noticed the card does have 2 HDMI and 2 DP ports, im gonna try the other HDMI port on the GPU also, maybe that will also help :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  15. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I sometimes get flickering on wake with my c9, and nvidia control panel pops up saying the display is G-Sync capable, like it was just detecting it. This is only at 4k@100hz or 4k@120hz and it goes away in a few seconds; I just assumed it's because they didn't really test these modes very well when the c9 was first manufactured, lol

I am curious what hdmi 2.1 cable you have? I have a 10ft Zeskit 8k certified cable and a 6ft Monoprice DynamicView 8k cable.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    next driver

17. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    Any ETA on next driver? :D

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

XantaX likes this.
  19. Mbi2011

Mbi2011 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Got today an e-mail from Nvidia with fixed version of driver, lets see how it works :)

20. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Sharing is caring o_O

alanm, MDKpt and mapnam charun like this.