Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    If anyone's to blame it's CDPR for going ahead with the release on the old consoles without allowing people to know about the significant performance limitations - beyond that, there's no "blaming" old hardware for being outdated - it's an inescapable reality of being old hardware.

Not only are you not impressed - your chatting complete crap, stating that because the game can't be played on a 3090 maxed out, that it's a calamity.
    Maxed out settings are always going to challenge the top end hardware, because the upper limit of graphical fidelity options is intrinsically linked to what the top end hardware is capable of at the time.

[​IMG]

Sorry Nigel, you're being a diva.

2. Lelumpolelum73

Lelumpolelum73 New Member

GPU:
    5600XT
  3. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    I'm excluding console SOCs/GPUs in this post....

I like this statement. I have a 4K 144Hz 43inch G-Sync/FreeSync panel. Not to come across like "Oh look what I have" AMD, NVIDIA offered their adaptive tech & OEMs keep "evolving" panels that I feel are basically "ahead" of what I can run at their "full-glory". Or build to match, for that matter. If that makes sense? I haven't purchased a video card yet. I can't decide on what to complement my screen... and the weird thing is it's from 2017 I think... it's been out for some time in retrospect. edit: I was wrong it's actually current / 2019. I'm not crediting NVIDIA or AMD with "inventing" 4K nor high frequency/refresh displays.

The two issues of adaptive sync & higher frequency/refresh panels complement each other & came to market in a short time of one another no? I feel a problem in the PC gaming space is AMD and NVIDIA still have not created "truly" comparable solutions for high-refresh UHD monitors/TVs. From a business standpoint, this could be on purpose. 1080p/1440p seem more consistent performance-wise. I have a GT 710 as a placeholder for now ... the rest is my profile details. I suppose the aforementioned is the basis of my point of contention and annoyance.

I understand your point, it's every time the bar is raised, the last "bar" or whatever becomes the desirable I would imagine, the irony being - even that has become an issue for UHD (if not always was to an extent)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

5. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
  6. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Finished the game a couple of days ago. It is a good game, not a great game. I did as much as possible knowing I likely won't get back to it. The interactive cutscenes were a little too much for me, and most of the 'choices' you get to make are 'pseudo-choices' because it leads you down the same conversation path regardless. Witcher did a good job balancing that aspect with good gameplay and a story I enjoyed... CP2077 doesn't quite does it for me.

Good but not great.

jbscotchman and hurakura like this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Discovered this cool artist today that drew some really awesome Witcher x Cyberpunk fanart.

His Cyber Ciri is so cool, Artists Artstation account > https://www.artstation.com/rxart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef, Zenoth and Turanis like this.
  8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's basically the way I felt about it also. My hype was really high but CD Projekt did hype the hell out of it so you can't blame me. It had a few really good moments but the story or NPC characters didn't pull me in like the Witcher games. Add in some awkward gameplay mechanics, horrible A.I., and sluggish driving, the game just turned out to be average which is really a shame imo. I'll revisit after the February patch.

9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    These are renders, more likely ZBrush custom models, some of clothes I recognise from DAZ3D and some of hair as well I can recognise

In which software this has been done, I would assume only its Marmoset, Octane or Keyshot or Maya with Arnold renderer, must agree he/she done great work on textures

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Turanis likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The only one you can blame for joining the hype train, is yourself. And you never should.

I on the other hand kept expectations in check, and have only been enjoying my experience.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    That was the point of my post - dlss barely helps, as it's clearly the raytracing part of the gpu bottlenecking in certain parts of the city, where there are alot of reflective materials - especially the southern part of westbrook. So as seen on the screenshots, going from dlss quality (1440p render res) to dlss balanced (1080p render res) only increases fps by 3.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The earth is round - "no".

Fantastic argumentation right there...

theoneofgod likes this.
  13. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    fantaskarsef and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  14. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Damn, we're behind the times ! :( where's my brain interface that lets me surf the WWW in 3D ? ;)

Turanis likes this.
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I was so confused why you were telling me this, then realize I had written drew... I feel stupid haha.

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    at 2:30

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Puh, the quest "The Hunt" was really buggy and for the first time I was unsure if it would be possible to complete but luckily it did.
    - Widescreen bugged out in the final 10 minutes and got stuck in 16:9, took two reloads to fix
    - Several animation problems with River jumping inside the warehouse
    - 200m pushback when doing a breach on the antenna in the closest house when exiting the car at the farm
    - Got stuck in release when helping the kid after retrying several times
    - One object could not be scanned in the 2nd BD
    - Movement slowed down when trying to hack turrets (maybe a feature?)

18. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So here's the map in case you're searching for something in particular.

https://maps.piggyback.com/cyberpunk-2077/maps/night-city

Still didn't finish all the police stuff in Pacifica and Santo Domingo, although I don't see those on the map (I cruised by yesterday). Anybody else knowing such a problem?v

19. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC