Wireless gaming mouse recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Olorin, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Hi guys,

I'm not a serious gamer, but I want to get back into gaming. Currently using a wired crappy $5 mouse which is annoying me. I definitely want a wireless mouse.

I'm left handeded, so after some reading I found the Corsair Katar wireless which looks like a good option but I don't have experience with it.

Anyone have experience with this wireless mouse and is it any good?

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I would stick to wired mice. Less lag and things to go wrong when you least expect it.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    only wireless mouse i ever liked was the Logtiech MX1000 which is long since discontinued i dont even think it was buy able out side of by the desktop wave pro? but that is right hand mouse

IMO a bad "stiff" card board like mouse pad can make any mouse annoying, I stick with wired if heart is set on wireless, make sure it wireless mouse that can used while charging, replaceable batteries would be nice to in which case just throw a rechargeable in there.

From my time with MX1000 I had there input lag was not noticeable, now it getting laggy is story.

But I would avoid the cheap wireless mouse they to have all kinds to lag issues and really short range. My uncle bought bunch for bluetooth mouse and wireless one that were cheap and they were all bad in that reguard

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I had one of those. Big chunky thing that weighed more than a brick. Pretty rubbish overall.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    OP for PC gaming wired is the way to go.
    I'd personally advise SteelSeries Sensei Ten, along with a nice 5mm corsair mouse mat.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    It was big i agree with that but it had perfect mouse button placement imo, that mouse lasted me longer then most my mouses if I could actual swap out the switch cause they all where failing after 10 years. and I tried to and just killed the whole board trying to soilder the new switchs on , I would still be using.

The G502 might be smaller and wired but button placement special the thumb buttons are step back imo that and my original G502 died failed after only 4 years

7. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Logitech G903, best left handed mouse I've ever used and the wireless is actually faster or on par with the best of the best wired gaming mice. Plus you can use it wired if you so desire.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Logitech G903 looks a lot like the Razer Viper.

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Modern wireless mice have as good a response time as wired mice.

OP, it really depends on quite a few factors. Shape, grip, mouse/hand size, battery life, weight, budget would be the main ones.

If you like ambi shapes, Logitech GPW or their new Superlight are great. Also Razer Viper Ultimate.

If you prefer more of an ergo shape, Logitech G703 or G502 Lightspeed or Razer Basilisk Ultimate would be great.

Best place to go is Mice, Mousepads, and More! (reddit.com) and ask away. Be prepared to know what grip you prefer, whether you would prefer a mouse around 60g or whether 100g doesn't bother you. What shape do you want? What size is your hand? Ideally look at mice with Omron 20m switches as the Omron 50m switches tend to develop a double click. Or Razer's optical switches. Or look at mice that come with aftermarket switches (Kailh make some great switches). Also, look at mice with PTFE feet, or if not, perhaps look into aftermarket feet.

Best mouse is impossible to recommend without having a lot more information.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    Goiur likes this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That is probably true. I've not used a wireless mouse for a while. The Corsair Katar has good reviews. The iCUE software isn't too bad either. Loads of mouse options to mess about with. Like brightness of the mouse logo lights and different effects and such.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    All the modern wireless mice have the same response time as wired mice these days mate, plenty of reviews out there have measured them and they're just as good. I elaborated on my original post above, hope it helps the OP.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    For the record I am using a Corsair M55 pro at the moment. :)

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's pretty much true, provided you don't have any high sources of interference.

But the ones that are really good are pretty expensive. Razer Viper, Logitech, .. Glorious also released a wireless version, but I'm seeing mixed reviews on battery life when running the mouse with RGB lightening on (Glorious).

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/pro-wireless-mouse.910-005270.html

Side buttons can be swapped left/right.

14. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I would recommend the Logitech g703. Had it for a while and would not go back to a wired mouse.

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    The Glorious Model O wireless is well priced but like you said, battery life is kinda wonky. Also really mixed reviews regarding the quality control of these.

Oh, btw, seeing as Gouir and perhaps others have Logitech wireless mice, here's a charging dock for GPW, G502, G703 and G903. Mine is coming tomorrow Soarking Charging Dock for Logitech Mouse G502: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

16. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    Logitech G502
    Love it.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Not wireless.

18. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 480 1.5gb ddr5
    ??? Mine is wireless.

19. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Ah, the lightspeed, sorry, you didn't mention that. I have the wired version and used to love it but with time I moved on. It's a great shape for me, but kinda heavy and it started double clicking on M5 button.

My brother has the G502 lightspeed, bought it for him last xmas and 6 weeks later it started double clicking, Logitech replaced it no questions asked, great customer service.

If the OP finds the G502 lightspeed interesting, perhaps worth looking into the Basilisk Ultimate, night on identical shape, better switches, PTFE feet and lighter. Comes with a charging dock too. More expensive though.

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Guys thanks for the replies. The Logitech G903 is fantastic but godly expensive. :) As I said, I'm not a hard core gamer, just someone that wants to get back into it.

I just need something that isn't restrictive, hence the wireless approach.