Intel Z590 - B560 and H510 chipset for motherboard logos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SSD_PRO

SSD_PRO Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    Z590 - B560 H510 are real no doubt. But those logos - either the inclusion of the word "chipset" or just the manner in which the "T" appears - make me think photoshop. I can't look at that T and think real marketing.

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    What is wrong with the T ?
    And why marketers can't use photoshop to make a mockup?

4. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    My eye was drawn to the 'e', as it is the only lower case letter.

5. Abc666

Abc666 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA FTW 1070 8GB
    Or paint

6. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090
    With the Rocket Lake processors in the pipeline with apparent 'ready availability' by early March of this year, they look like a rather short lived consumer affair. During Intel's Q2 2020 earnings call the chipmaker confirmed that Alder Lake-S will arrive in the second half of 2021 with its rather dramatic architectural change and a mandated new LGA1700 Motherboard. Intel also noted that this being the perfect time where a total system replacement (upgrade) makes the most cost effective sense. Guaranteed PCIE 5.0 and DDR5 being the Alder Lake angel of the morning. Why would Intel expect customers to buy any product that esentially will be outdated in 8-9 months time and especially when a new and much more 'advanced 12th generation product is already in the wind? Can I take it as such that buying any new system or performing any major upgrades in 2021 is a waste of money and time? Throwing money out of the window? Besides not many peripherals like all presenty marketed AIO's will not fit the new Alder Lake socket, because it' is rectangular and much bigger then any previous Intel CPU's. Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021