Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I think I sorted out what's been causing my game/driver to crash frequently. I was also getting driver crashes with an idle desktop. (3800X / X570 / 5700XT) I turned off all the windows sleep settings and no more crashing in game. I don't know why a (5 hour) sleep setting would constantly impact gaming, but setting sleep to "Never" seems to have fixed it.

Now I can enjoy Night City in all it's glorious bug filled goodness without interruption. Who needs sleep in Night City anyways?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    First Tarot card found did not involve anything other than playing with the scanner in my apartment. Unfortunately, there really is no reason to ever go back to your apartment after a while. Only reason I go there is because of a habit of ending each session there.

XenthorX and Passus like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Hmm, it seems like they have done a nerf to both crowd density and LOD distances - it can be quite distracting when driving, with buildings changing all the time right in front of you. I wish you could simply set LOD to be max at all times for buildings. There was a mod for this in witcher 3, and it did cost some performance, but not too much. The rtx hack does this aswell, but it does alot more than that... it also makes raytracing render at crazy distances, completely tanking performance... and honestly, you don't really notice lighting / reflections at very big distances... but buildings changing from low quality to high quality right infront of you... that is noticable !

fantaskarsef and Passus like this.
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It is fairly common knowledge that windows sleep functions break alot of stuff.

Passus likes this.

5. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080

"The game entered pre-production with approximately 50 staff members after CD Projekt Red finished The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine (2016)."

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just hooked up with Judy, that was hot. :cool:

mbk1969, serbicu and cerebus23 like this.
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Bug: a few days ago got into a fight at the Kabuki food market area and killed several thugs. Their bodies are still there.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    My impressions after 3 hrs in the game, open world is just an option, it doesn t feel alive, game plays mostly as deus ex but with cars yes, which is not a bad thing.
    However i encountered some bugs like my friend crossing the road while the car passing doesn t stop and he suddenly becomes a ghost and doesn t die.
    Ai leave a lot to be desired, npcs are there but are.just there for the show, it feels like u have a playground but u can t touch anything., that s why the open world feels barren , with no soul or life to it.
    The only good thing about the game is a couple of.missions which seemed really innovative, like the mission where im dressed a hooker goes to a guys place and i.need to scan the place using the recording tool.
    It s just a mixed bag

jbscotchman likes this.
  9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'd say give it a little more time or if you can wait for the first major overhaul patch sometime next month. Like I've said earlier in this thread somewhere, the game is a love/hate relationship.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    3 hours not enough to form impression, you will still be trying to figure out how everything works. Many things will not be clear or straightforward, but as you put in more hours you will then begin to appreciate it. The upgrade options, cyberware, implants, hacking, etc should be studied carefully to make the most out of the game. Check out tips for beginners on YT as there are a lot of things not made clear in-game.

DannyD and Dragam1337 like this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    One of my first impressions of the game after a few hours of playing was also that it can be overwhelming without a good sense of direction of your character's capabilities. After 40 hours I feel like a badass, but I can't deny the flaws and bugs.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I have a problem with textures not loading in properly, specially billboard textures. It is most noticeable when I am at the passenger's seat and somebody else is driving. Is it me or just another bug?

Gandul likes this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I haven't noticed that. In fact when other characters are driving things seem actually smoother for me. The game is just buggy as hell, that's all there is to it.

14. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Mmmh.. I was doing the races with Claire, and both times she was driving me back to her garage after the races ended most of the billboards were extremely low res.

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Welcome to Cyberpunk 2020, its a bizarre world.

cerebus23 likes this.
  16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I
    It s weird because i wanna like it but then i think of the immersion loss i get when i wander around the open world
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/c...UniqueID=E939185E-49F8-11EB-9B18-8C1016F31EAE

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    140 hours and still wandering/exploring.

not much but still grinding perks 2 invest that beach farm when i wanna murder, and random wanderings otherwise.

trying to figure out what if any stuff i missed gear/cars wise, beast i ghosted her quest and won the race to hell with that dont give a toss about a suv anyway other than that i think i missed jackies bike maybe.

and i wanna find and raid all the corporate HQs i can.

and hope they add a legit new game plus mode sooner.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  18. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    This is one of the major gripes I have - the way that there's no endgame - you just revert to an earlier save.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Best you could hope for is a copy of what they had for Witcher 3 and i wouldn't even bet on that.
    Core engine and the game wasn't designed with perpetual looping with selective carryover in mind.

Bulk of the 16 free DLCs for W3 was either miniscule stuff like alternative costumes or stuff that was cut late in production due to time restraints (like quests) so it was easy to restore. NG+ was about only true thing where they had to genuinely sit down and implement something start to finish and it shows that game was never intended to do this as it has weird limitation of doing NG and only one NG+ with solid level cap of 100 and broken enemy/level scaling, where internally NG+ was just running of a modified copy of all item definition files which was mod-tier hack solution at best.

Due to incomparable size scope differences between W3 and 2077 i would very much doubt that this game will get NG+ if it didn't get one from the get-go, because it'd imply that again just like W3 it wasn't designed with such option in mind, making adding it later very hard with weird artificial limitations on top of it.
    Also factoring in its current state, even W3'esque solution would be like adding another level to your card house during earthquake and tsunami, just asking for heaps more trouble than its worth.