Review: Corsair HS70 Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new Corsair HS70 Bluetooth Headset. Admittedly, I've been nagging Corsair about this for a long time now. Their internal technology used for Wireless headsets is great, but with Bluetoo...

Review: Corsair HS70 Bluetooth Headset

tunejunky likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    not my cup of tea (audiophile) but as you say - a terrific value.
    there are a butt-load of $100 BT headsets out there and the vast majority are crap.
    but dollars to doughnuts i bet you these will put the smack down on Beats.

3. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Maybe I missed it but is there a mic without the boom stick? In this day and age I don't see the point of a 'gaming' headset that has limited functionality when a good set of earphones offer great sound as well as the functionality of a good mic for calls or gaming along ith controls for calls or music.

If I'm missing something please inform me.

4. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    try the skull candy ANC crusher really good and have a great battery life

5. pr1970

pr1970 Guest

GPU:
    2070 super
    I`m an audiophile aswell and i love these, I have tried and own headphones / headsets 5x the value of these and i`m just astounded by the audio of these (wired usb) , aswell as the ease of bluetooth connection,etc. Only negative is that bluetooth distance is short.

6. pr1970

pr1970 Guest

GPU:
    2070 super
    They come with a detachable mic boom.

tunejunky likes this.
  7. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    I have the HS50 pros but after just 6 months the very thin, very soft leather ripped so i ended up having to buy new earpads to replace the broken one. I still haven't bothered to fit the new earpads on even though i spent £20 on getting new replacements.

I just went back to my old Gamecoms 388s which are very old but still working and the earpads are cloth and i was able to machine wash them because that was the only fault with them. Dirty earpads came out the washer like new.

The Corsair HS's are hard to replace the earpads on because they glue down a clip in bracket which needs to be removed to fix them correctly. The Gamecom headset has an elastic material in the earpads which just needs an easy stretch and put back in the slot.

The Corsair headsets earpads aren't elastic, just leather so you can try to force it in the slot but they'll just keep falling off. So you need to use force and try remove the glued in clip either with heat or using plastic guitar picks and other soft tools. :(

8. James Frazer

James Frazer Member Guru

GPU:
    NA
    Yes, I saw and mentioned it... but your comment didn't answer a very specific question.

9. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Corsair sent me two of these when I won ROTM twice. I use one, and my brother uses the other one.
    It is really a great headset with excellent comfort and surprisingly good sound quality. Battery also lasts a long time.
    I only use it only for gaming, since my Audio Technica headphones are superior in pure audio quality. And for gaming, HS70 is really superb.

10. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I already just bought Corsair's flagship headset the Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless Gaming Headset so I don't need to get these even though they sound like they would be a good headset. Also I wanted a headset where the ear pieces would rotate outward so you can lie down flat just like my Logitech headset.

11. FrostNixon

FrostNixon Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Hm I really want to get wireless headphones, those sound good, but my hyper x cloud 2 are still working and I don't know what to do with them..