How do i fix this

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by Daeq1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Daeq1

Daeq1 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1660super
    Hi. I have bought a new AOC C24G2AE/BK monitor i have noticed that every darkish colour leaves somethat of a trail like you can see here https://imgur.com/u9bf9eE. I see them in videos too. I updated drivers but it didn't help. I wonder what that is because it is like an eyesore and it is very irritating especially when you play.

2. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    This is due to it being a VA panel, Just the way they are. Some are better or worse than others.

Check the menu on the monitor and look for a setting called "Response Time" or Overdrive.

Play with the options there and see what one works best. You can usually chose between a few things like Fast, Faster or Fastest

HandR likes this.
  3. Daeq1

Daeq1 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 1660super
    I did try to change overdrive but i almost don't see any changes. This tracing in driving me insane , i cant play shooters unless i have maximum brightness on to minimize these traces and ghosting but it is uncomfortable to play like this and my eyes begin to hurt. I guess I will never go with VA panels ever again.

4. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Don't discount all VA's

just like TN or IPS. Some are better than others!

My last monitor was a 32" 1080p VA and the smear and stuff was AWFUL. I had an MSI monitor recently and it was better but text went yellow when scrolling.. then I had to RMA it as it died and I was sent a slightly different model and that one was perfectly fine.

I am now on a Samsung G7 32" 1440p And there is no ghosting and smearing at all on this one.

You just got to look at reviews etc of monitors before buying, Be it VA, IPS or whatever.

Id look to see if there are firmware updates for your monitor as well if not done so already.

And also play around with a refresh rate of 120/144hz as well as this may help reduce the issues.

Daeq1 likes this.

5. JordanM

JordanM Guest

GPU:
    Rtx 2070
    Try this https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/calibrating.htm
    Hope you will find your golden mid

6. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    I remember trying out an MSI Optix last year that had the same motion blur/ghosting going on. No matter what i tried,it would not go away completely. It was absolutely horrible to look at imo and i returned the screen within a week time since it was also driving me nuts,i couldnt enjoy my games this way.

if you want a monitor that has no ghosting or motion blur,like None at all. Go for the Asus Tuf VG259QM - 280hz. I bought mine a few days ago and its a great monitor. Its an IPs panel. 25inch because thats the absolute max for 1080p,higher and quality will get worse.

"Quote"
    "There is certainly a lot to be said for high pixel density, ultra-wide curved screens and extended color. But even without those things, the VG259QM is one of the best gaming monitors we’ve ever reviewed."

"Quote"
    "In terms of pure gaming performance, this monitor is currently without equal. Now that Asus has cracked the low motion blur versus Adaptive-Sync code, we suspect the VG259QM is a harbinger of things to come. For now, though, we know of no other monitor that can do what this one does. If ultimate gaming performance is your goal, the VG259QM should be too.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-tuf-vg259qm/6

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/need-some-advice-for-buying-a-new-monitor.436309/

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021