Intel Core i9-11900K ES and Core i7-11700 ES prices leaked in china

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    If the 11700K handily outperforms the 5800X and supports PCIe 4.0, I might switch to Intel for the first time in nearly 20 years. But, if AMD drops the price of the 5800X to something more competitive and has a lower overall wattage, I think I'll get that instead. I care more about efficiency than total performance.

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Right now difference is huge in terms performance/watt in AMD favour , 11th gen won't change that , that is why they are max 8 core.

BReal85 likes this.
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Will it be on 10nm? Because if it is, that could possibly turn the efficiency in Intel's favor.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    [​IMG]

Can't wait for Rocket Lake, I hope that prices will be decent :)

-Tj- likes this.
  6. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Sadly no , again 14nm++++ backport. Don't expect miracles , it's stop gap gen. Still good for the competition , Intel will put agressive pricing.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Me too, just updated to new SAM bios today, it's out of beta now. Nice work msi!

But yeah, looks like I will need new gpu for it :)

8. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    Not bad, although 14nm is really dated by now and power hungry as hell. Considering the gap in power efficiency, Intel will have to do really well within the constraints of this old process.

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´m the other way around. I´m with an Intel system right now (7600K) but my next system is probably going to be from AMD, not because of performance or price but because of the lame stunt Intel pulled with the socket to prevent Z170/Z270 owners from upgrading to newer CPUS. And i always wanted to try AMD.
    The question now is if i go with the 5600x, that seems a little gem, or if i try to stretch the budget to a 5800x. Or maybe something comes along...

Airbud and BReal85 like this.
  10. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I used to care about the idea of a long-lived socket with the chance for a good upgrade path, but, not only has that not worked in my favor (X370 isn't compatible with Zen3) but even if it did, I keep my hardware long enough that I'd rather just do a major overhaul. That being said, I'm not happy with how Intel artificially cripples backward compatibility, but, whatever CPU I get is likely the only one that I'll ever install in the mobo anyway.

If I were you, I'd wait for the 5700X, assuming it will exist. The 5800X is, IMO, too expensive for what it is and is the primary reason why I'm seriously considering Intel. I feel the 5600X is the best all-around CPU today but when it comes to gaming, I think it's on the brink of obsolescence. That being said, I also will be waiting for a 5700X.

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    for gaming 10700KF > 5600X,faster and cheaper,more cores,higher OC headroom+better memory OC headroom.
    if amd priced their 5000 series on par with 3000 or at least with intel's 10th gen they would've wiped the floor with CML-S,but damn,they went cuckoo with $450 for an 8/16

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  12. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    How did you get that 10nm? :)

Except for the cores, it's a "no" for every aspect. And if you take it into account that you NEED to buy a Z series mobo in order to be able to use memory over 2666 MHz, it makes the Intel system more expensive, which is a shame considering it's slower, more power hungry and exposed to vulnaribilities.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  13. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Ah right I forgot about the KF.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    If those are the rumours I expect it to be 0% faster, and I assume we're talking about traditional gaming which is stupidly low thread bound. If those are words from Intel I expect it to somehow be slower.

To the real point: Who gives a flying frack? It's not enough of a difference to warrant an upgrade or anything that will actually affect your gaming experience, even artificially considering how ultra hardcore we're GPU bound right now. Take that from a guy using an RTX 3080 @ 2.1GHz with an R9 3900X.

Everyone's shitting themselves that Intel are supposedly poised for a non-negligible generation to generation increase for once now that there is a single competitor. Not being in a hardcore monopoly and being in a duopoly is great isn't it?

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Depends on the game. I've strictly been playing Star Citizen for the past few months with a bunch of friends - the game is massively single thread bound due to the renderer only using one thread (for now) + there is some other weird thing going on.. two people I play with have 5800x's and their performance nearly doubled going from 3700x. Not sure what the game does that makes the gap so big on Ryzen 5000 - but newer Intel CPUs see similar gains. Makes the game go from ~35-40fps on a 3080 to ~60-70fps on a 3080.

Now, eventually they are porting the renderer to Vulkan which should just eliminate the bottleneck -- but given the development of the game, who knows when that's going to happen, if ever. My point though is that I'm literally looking to upgrade my CPU specifically to play that game and if I can't get a 5900x in the next several months, I might actually go back to Intel.

Airbud, XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.

16. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    here we see the little 5600x
    https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/5573485

Ι have also seen the 5800x running 5.2ghz, most likely they are equivalent
    surely the next upgrades to the Amd microcode will bring additional performance increases, so let's see what we can see
    Opera Snapshot_2020-12-28_182513_browser.geekbench.com.png

17. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    F is even better for a value purchase.
    10900F costs 1800pln here vs 5600x for 1600
    you're geting 10 cores and a 4.6G allcore boost

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    In the bizarro cases where the CPU usage makes no sense / is completely FUBAR like Star Citizen or Japanese games there's pretty much no hope IMO, but if you want to upgrade just for such a specific scenario go for it. I'm just saying the vast majority of users wouldn't go that route/it wouldn't matter to them.

In the case of your friends it sounds like there's something else going on, but I wouldn't put it past just Star Citizen being that broken.

19. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Will never understand why folks would want to go out and buy a product that is outdated at release due to its specification a new CPU on 14nm++++++++ which will need a new motherboard to run at maximum speed, will probably consume a shitload of power to get to and maintain its boost and is pushed out by a company that for the last 10 years has frankly stuffed its customers stupid without lube!
    Why?

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Says the guy with the 3090

Mundosold likes this.