Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Pretty much the same here, except I run on pistol and revolver. One revolver 6 shot with a suppressor for the stealth head shots (that thing's still loud but apparently people are deaf, still sounds like a sniper rifle when firing tbh), one pistol with decent damage and 9 shots (took the perk that gets you double damage on the last shot so actually kind of 7 and 10 shots), and for the worst, carrying a smart rifle for fire and forget situations. Two sniper rifles (Overwatch and that one you get from a certain patriotic gang) are in the trunk, but they're only viable so much as to be a backup, inside the city you rarely get the chance to put them to use anyway.

I still wonder how much the different damage variants (physical, electric, fire, chemical) make a difference, and if you guys play with the different weapon perks (tech, power mostly, smart's easy to use).

Noisiv and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    get the cyberware for the legs with double jump or powered jump then get high up and you can use snipers in the city areas more

XenthorX likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yes been strongly considering to get those anyway. I have the cash, but not sure which one to take, double or the single stronger jump? Which gets you places better, since there's things like tarot cards very up high, and I can't imagine getting there with only the double jump.

XenthorX and Passus like this.
  4. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    well you could get both and swap them out on the fly

Undying, Noisiv and fantaskarsef like this.

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh, I was not aware one can do that. Thanks for the heads up, then it's easily decided.

Passus likes this.
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Basically ripperdocs are just there to sell you cyberware, from your inventory you can then add or swap them at your will

cerebus23 and fantaskarsef like this.
  7. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    game was announced 2012 so it's been 8 years by my maths

Gandul, Undying and itpro like this.
  8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

Being "announced" doesn't mean it's been actively developed.
    It didn't go into full development until work was finished on Witcher 3 and it's expansions.

PCElite, cerebus23 and Dragam1337 like this.
  9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    zomg totally forgot about the trunk stash :confused:

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Developing does not need to work that way. We have schedules. They should distribute their time and coders better.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Charged jump is the first thing i bought on my 2nd playthrough, before anything else. Opens up so many possibilities for side missions etc...
    I love it.

Think i agree with you guys @Dragam1337 @Zenoth regarding Ps4/Xbox version being shameful in their current state, but i do believe one more year of polish could have make a difference.
    Biggest issue being, regarding project management, how do you justify spending one more year of engineers and artist optimizing for end of life hardware, instead of improving competence on next-gen hardware?

Totally agree that they should have dropped current gen console version, delay at least 6months and focus on PC and next gen consoles.

12. So pre-production is not "active" development, wow. I didn't know we have so many enlightened developers here...

Gandul likes this.
  13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The first point is problematic, to say the least, due to all the pre orders they had already accepted, not to mention that the money must have been spent years ago creating the game...

14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    the way i see it the next Witcher title was already in development while they delayed CP2077. i am glad i didn't pre-order the game, im sure il enjoy it next year after 20 patches or so.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Hmm... wish they had given the most expensive car in the game a more fancy / interesting paint job than... this...

[​IMG]

But boy do i love my stealth / headshot / crit revolver build !

[​IMG]

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You can get every tarot card without extra jump.

That is not true. You need to get to a Ripper to change them. From you inventory you can only change and swap mods for them.

The possiblites are there, even without the extra jumps. ;) Sometimes they are just a little further away from your target and you maybe have to make a detour to get up or to them, but its dooable.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
  20. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Okay, well I didn't figure to get the one you're actually seeing quite early on, I guess I took the wrong approach