Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Agreed. Having pedestrians doing their daily sh1t in the background is super important for the immersive thing of things. Seeing NPCs f*cking about on the streets in GTA V is a big part of what makes that game alive. You can't just have empty streets in a city and pretend it's ok.

I'll wait for patch 2.9 before I even install this game. Kinda busy right now so no time to play a busted game. Eventually it'll become good, but I'm not going to rush things.

Merry Xmas to you btw, you mostly jump on everything I say but maybe that's why you stand out to me. Be it in a good way or bad. Still, hope you had a nice Xmas.

mbk1969 and Undying like this.
  2. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Anyone else suspect the shallow population AI might be down to the CPU performance?

I mean, the game is not light on CPU's as it is - what if they had a significantly more advanced AI for all of the dozens of NPC's on screen?

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Sure, but that wasnt the point you were making earlier:
    I doubt the crowd density in *this game* is taking much of a toll on the CPU.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    here the thing with the uber npcs.

it made the city look real in places, a thick dense throng of people you do not see in many open world games, hitman does a good job.

but hitman 47 moves through crowds naturally.

in cyberpunk you ignore them or teleport clean past them, there are no physics less you hit/shoot them? some wierd thing there.

either way now your in a hurry driving or running on foot and now the games teleporting you through everything on the way to wherever, the uber dence crowd appear to be legit for fall apart too quickly and break muh immersion.

and this game can really immerse you if only it was firing on a few more cylinders, cant wait for proper modding tools.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It is taking a toll on the cpu thats why i said most modern 8c/16t cpus does not feel it when you use higher setting. 4core cpu will most definitely notice an improvement with reduced density.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Actually crowd density is what affects cpu performance the most of any setting in this game. Regardless, there are different settings for a reason - if people were having performance issues due to cpu limitations, they could simply use low or medium crowd density - there was no reason for them to nerf crowd density across all settings.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, cpu performance constraints is the most likely answer. But i don't understand why they didn't write the game entirely for AVX - would enabled them to push cpu loads much harder.

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    If my refund gets declined I'll suffer through this with my X360 controller which is infinitely better than the janky M+KB controls and it makes the games performance issues on older hardware slightly less impactful.

9. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Can you think of any first person games that do that? Generally you either ghost through them or they are 100% solid.
    If they were solid then you'd barely be able to move through the crowds.

In thrid person games like Hitman it's much easier to do the animations because they don't have to move the camera in a jarring way.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. TheSissyOfFremont

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I didn't find the controls janky.

The only annoying thing was occasionally trying to un-crouch during a phone call and skipping dialogue accidentally.

Dragam1337 and INSTG8R like this.

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah and I am an OG C crouch user but it being the skip dialogue as well is very annoying I just use my game pad for driving. Controls are great except for the C thing and no way/key to walk is a bit of an oversight as well

fantaskarsef and Dragam1337 like this.
  12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    For me the mouse movement just feels totally off, like there's a certain floatyness to it as if you have V-sync on or something which I don't. It's super difficult to aim for headshots or do anything requiring precision. It also feels like the game is applying mouse acceleration, as in you turn slowly and your view turns really slow but if you make a fast movement with your wrist you completely overshoot whatever you were planning to aim at. I haven't changed any of my mouse settings in windows or in G-HUB and all other games seem fine so I'm pretty sure its just because of my PC being ancient ( hopefully not for long ).

13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm trying to understand how this mod works. I'm using an older version which I think doesn't have some of the features that are now included.
    How do I disable features? "Remove pedestrians and traffic" for example, I don't want to have barren streets. "Disable Async Compute" I heard isn't good at all for RTX cards...and so on.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Highlighting the detail loss with TAA at native compared to DLSS performance mode.
    Actually, any one/two pixels information, or even one/two pixels line, is washed out with TAA. Think outline of a reflective object (a car) that will have wrong color on its outline, or emissive objects seen at angle.

TAA vs DLSS performance
    https://imgsli.com/MzUzNDA

TAA vs DLSS performance + sharpening
    https://imgsli.com/MzUzNDI

TAA vs DLSS balanced + sharpening
    https://imgsli.com/MzUzNDE

TAA vs DLSS quality + sharpening
    https://imgsli.com/MzUzNDM

DLSS Performance vs DLSS Quality (both with Sharpening)
    https://imgsli.com/MzUzNDQ

TAA
    [​IMG]

DLSS Performance (no sharpening)
    [​IMG]

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Injects code at launch.

Edit config here
    /plugins/cyber_engine_tweaks/config.json

Netherwind likes this.

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    TAA is heavy handed in this engine by design because has lots of single pixel specular aliasing, it's very visible when you disable TAA. Nearly any scene you can imagine in the game is riddled with reflective shimmers that they just offhanded for TAA to filter out.

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Even with dlss quality mode, you do get fairly significant loss to fine texture detail - even the dlss loving youtube channels also acknowledges this.

You can make some of it up with sharpening filters, but it completely changes the look, and is very uncomfortable for my eyes.

That said, dlss is (sadly in my opinion) a necessary evil in this game, due to performance restraints.

XenthorX likes this.
  18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    When it comes to gameplay mechanics this game is really dumb. pedestrians or cars block each other, when you shoot one guy , all the other guys know exactly where you are even if you are behind a wall. This is like the gameplay from 15 years ago.

Gandul and Repo Man like this.
  19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yep, your right. Didnt expect that. 6 cores and up seem to do best.
    [​IMG]

mbk1969 and Witcher29 like this.
  20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Yeah, didnt like the crowd behaviour. AI can be poor. Also annoying are the the zombie walkers who all have the same characteristic walk. But the look of the food markets with all the crowds does give it a nice lively feel, if your OK with overlooking the discrepancies.