GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 460.97

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mr_ALLroy, Dec 18, 2020.

1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Wow, then you made the right choice.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is this the same issue that made HDR on desktop look all washed out? and why some game in HDR mode look really really bad and washed out?

3. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    I think it might be also Windows issue.
    From my point of view (and usage) I also saw that HDR on the desktop is bringing me more issues than it supose to.
    Absolutely broken night light mode (red tint), sometimes app/games/desktop are getting pretty washed out, brightness seems to be very low (or maybe it's a contrast issue?).
    ALT+TAB between HDR game and app/desktop (with HDR enabled globally via Windows settings) is also a mostly bad idea that will make you suffer due to brightness/contrast issue, so sometimes you need to ALT+TAB few times just to get a proper look.

But if the HDR is working, like in Shadow of The Tomb Raider, BF1, Mass Effect Andromeda, Ori and The Will of The Wisp it look absolutely amazing and worth enabling it, just to see how much it could do to change overall look with minor (or none) performance penalty.
    I hope NV and MS will make HDR implementation more stable with time - as I stated in my previous message, it's unclear who's fault is that, it might be both sides failing in some regards or it might be one side issue only.
    However using PC for almost 20 years I saw that plenty of small or annoying issues that were purely MS laziness or IDC (I don't care) scenario, they were left untouched for years.

HonoredShadow and Gandul like this.
  4. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    CRT, Voodoo 3DFX and 640x480 on 56k with Windows 98 and floppy disks and ball mice in beige. Do you feel old yet? :D

ReaperXL2 and jura11 like this.

5. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    i remembered my first pc dx486 with 8mb edo ram s3 trio 64 1mb vga using windows 3.1 playing lotus..super frog..prehistoric..golden axe vs vs.. off course under DOS not win3.1

6. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    1985 Atari ST with TOS on roms, 1 meg of ram, 3.5 external floppy disk reader, and 16 color CRT display. I did my masters thesis with that $1000 computer system...

Then again, I transitioned from my slide rule to a $170 pocket calculator during my freshman year of engineering school back in 1975.

Kind of makes you appreciate how steady the price point has been (in keeping with Moore's Law) as the technology improved by leaps and bounds.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  7. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    3dfx was not my "era" because that was later half of the 90s.
    My era begins with GeForce 256 and GeForce 2, first ATI Radeon, STB Kyro and Pentium 3, first Athlon/Duron, 1GHz barrier.
    Old but gold, however PC from that were much more complicated.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its specific to lg oleds and windows DCT.

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    This hotfix driver got no flickering thats good.
    Tested a few games no crashes either.
    Also hdr works fine for me well @ least on nfs heat.

Edit: i spoke to soon the desktop flickering is back lol time to go optimal presentation see how that goes.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
  10. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What do you mean? This is awsome Stuff! I really want to try a Sony GDM-FW900 on my machine. I bet it would stomp all those modern LCD fancy stuff. But I can't find one. An if i could, I would need to sell a kidney...

btw: This was part of my Strike Commander Part of config.sys on my old Bootmenue...

DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS /TESTMEM:OFF
    DEVICE=C:\DOS\EMM386.EXE RAM HIGHSCAN I=B000-B7FF
    DOS=HIGH, UMB
    BUFFERS=64
    FILES=120
    STACKS=9,256

And I still play that stuff. Back to topic: even on this old stuff nvidia drivers work well. They behave a bit different then the AMD drivers, but all works well.

And no, I don't feel old - even if I am on a high counter on years. :cool:

11. dexterav

dexterav Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    and now i feel old too :D

12. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    The good ol' days. I'd love to see a Strike Commander remaster with VR Support and possibly optional co-op support. :)

13. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Guest

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX 4090
    Went from 457.09 to these. Cold War works like a charm, no issues now but Assetto Corsa is a stutter fest. I have an i9 with RTX3080. It was working fine, just sat in the pits doing nothing the clocks are all over the place. Turn off MSI after burner and still the same. Nvidia love to break stuff when fixing other issues, incompetent and annoying.

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Regular Assetto?

15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Have you tried setting the game's driver profile Power mode to Prefer Maximum Performance?

16. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
  17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Commodore 64 and GEOS baby!!

Aldek likes this.
  18. slimsymeat

slimsymeat Guest

GPU:
    MSI SuprimX 4090
    Yep, set to preferred max performance. Just can't believe changing drivers does this bull... Happened in the past too, nothing new.

19. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    Ever use a cassette drive?

20. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    [​IMG]

On Topic:
    Driver seems good, though not a fan of the new power mode "normal" on the 3080 seems to not boost aggressive enough and having to set Prefer Max Perf in NVCP for a bunch of games due to stutters that didn't seem to happen when there was Optimal Power mode.

Xman01 likes this.