Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I also got my first CTD's from in game (3 times in about same place) in this game after patch 1.06... Validated game files and 3 files failed to validate. Downloading 24,6GB...

Also had problems with some other patch which stopped the game from starting. Validation + re downloading fixed the problems that time.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dang ! you had it worst than me :/ , game needs more fixes as there are bugs still to be worked out. Re-downloading this game is painful my old friend @Tat3 .

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Just had a look at the comparison shots he did.

It does indeed make a fairly big difference, but at a rather large performance cost.

72 vs 57 fps

https://imgsli.com/MzQ2MjM

Edit :

Looking through his screenshots here, you can see that it is indeed primarily cpu load that increases. So whether or not you get an fps hit depends on your cpu.

https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/428

So in this case, i will probably get a rather large hit xD At least when driving... !

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    XenthorX likes this.
  4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Midtown is really the worst, performance took a nose dive.

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'd expect so, considering that we have nearly identical cpu's :p And honestly, while driving, there are times already where i am cpu limited... so if i did this mod... RIP my fps xD I kinda knew well ahead of launch of the game, that my cpu was gonna be right on the edge for being a bottleneck in this game, even at 4k... but still surprising to see that it can go down to 35 fps in some instances while driving in midtown - mind you, it only does so with raytracing on ultra... without raytracing, it does much better. Cpu hit for raytracing is quite big.

Offtopic : i see you got the side quest turbo-r :D It really does sound great doesnt it. And it looks like a proper cyberpunk car. And it's handling is quite challenging in a fun way :p

XenthorX likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Oh the turbo-r is a must @Dragam1337 i'm glad it's obtained by a quest and not some gold farming non-sense. Love the sound, love the design, love the interior layout and UI. Great ride !

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah - the caliburn can be obtained for free aswell, and is the fastest car... but i like the turbo-r alot better :D

Btw i just tested it myself now with the rtx mod... damn the hit is hard... lol. 51 vs 39 fps ! At that performance hit i am gonna have to skip it... plus it does force on motion blur, even if you have it disabled in the settings... and i hate motion blur !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

XenthorX likes this.
  8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    A slightly different experience.

I dont get any change in fps.
    But since I only completed one mission so far I had to load an early save called Streetkid, stood in a fenced off area with a car, ready to talk to Padre.
    Through the fence I assume is Midtown, its a busy area with lots of buildings, people, cars, electronics signs.
    Results are stood next to the fence looking out on the town ...

My machine locked up after about 5 mins.
    After removing my GPU overclock on memory and core (lost me 2fps) it has been stable for about 15mins now, these are the temps + CPU/GPU load.
    Ambient 20.5C

GPU load is 99% permanently @ 65/66C, 1950MHz (3090 with a 4 slot cooler)
    CPU load average over all cores is 53% at 53C, swapping between 4.9 to 5.1GHz (10700K using Arctic 420mm AIO)

I expected a higher load on the CPU, so I'm going to verify what happens with Cinematic_RTX removed ...

GPU load is 99% permanently @ 65, 1965 to 1980MHz
    CPU load average over all cores is 49% at 49C, still swapping between 4.9 to 5.1GHz

Not a big change, 4% less load on the CPU and slightly less heat on the GPU when not using Cinematic_RTX.
    Checked twice, same results.

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Yup didn't affect my performance much either.

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    As i get further into game i think it's quite apparent the amount of time that's went into it as well as the various gaming influences, like Bioshock Infinite and Wolfenstein to name a couple.
    When you start playing it all looks cool and mechanics take getting used to however the reality is you're not seeing half of what the game offers.
    I dunno if i've ever in my life been as hooked on a game as this one. I love the gunplay, the upgrade /crafting, and the scope of the game i've still to witness as it keeps opening up more and more.
    Easily GOTY for me, is it my best game ever (i.e. does it beat BOTW)?
    Maybe.:)

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya it's ranking up there for me also.

XenthorX, Passus and DannyD like this.
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  13. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    There's clearly a game of this generation for me hiding in there, hope they iron out the current issues and provide support over time to fully realize this vision.
    I can see spending a lot more time in the world they created!

Cinematic_RTX - Clearly there's places the performance hit isn't worth it !
    I have to zoom in photoshop to notice the side props using higher LOD, and some bacjground vegetation and building also using more polys.

Ultra RT preset + RT Lightning Psycho + DLSS Balanced Comparison shot.

https://imgsli.com/MzUwMDA

https://imgsli.com/MzUwMDY

Overall i've +9% CPU usage

Archvile82 and Dragam1337 like this.
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Once you get that shiny new cpu you won't notice those hits Xenthor!
    *Go on bro do it!:D:):p

fantaskarsef and XenthorX like this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    This is totally happening :eek::D

fantaskarsef and DannyD like this.

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    With that beast of a card you're gonna boost your minimums, it would be worth it to get the most from it, best of luck to you!

XenthorX likes this.
  17. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I play this title through GFN for RT maxed out with dlss. I wish picture was clear as a native real rig, but I cannot enjoy ultra RT settings with a radeon gpu. It's either image clarity vs gimmicks. Nice game!

DannyD likes this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It depends alot on the area.

Like in this area, there is basically no difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But before i showed you the worst case scenario. It hits both gpu and cpu quite hard, though cpu the most - however, it was actually still gpu limited at the settings used on the screenshots, so having a faster cpu wouldn't have reduced the fps hit.

Rtx hack + 4k quality dlss = gpu limited at 39 fps

[​IMG]

Rtx hack + 4k balanced dlss = gpu limited at 47 fps

[​IMG]

Rtx hack + 4k performance dlss = cpu limited at 49 fps

[​IMG]

No rtx hack + 4k quality dlss = gpu limited at 51 fps

[​IMG]

No rtx hack + 4k balanced dlss = gpu limited at 60 fps

[​IMG]

No rtx hack + 4k performance dlss = cpu limited at 65 fps

[​IMG]

So if you were to test in the exact same spot as the above screenshots were taken, im fairly certain you would see a substantial performance hit aswell. But again, it's the worst case scenario.

Edit :

I was curious to see how big a cpu hit just the standard raytracing gives, and it's actually quite substantial aswell !

Raytracing off + 4k native = gpu limited at 56 fps

[​IMG]

Raytracing off + 4k quality dlss = cpu limited at 81 fps

[​IMG]

So for me in that specific test area, my cpu limits are 49 fps with rtx hack, 65 fps with standard rtx, and 81 fps with no rtx. Means that im at no point cpu limited with my settings (4k ultra raytracing + quality dlss) despite having an ancient cpu :p Quite interesting... to me anyways xD

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    oh lan, you need some imgsli right there <.< hard to compare, but thanks for the info and analysis !

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Re-downloading that 24,6gb seems to have fixed the crashing issue. I got good internet without download cap so was not a big deal for me.

chispy likes this.