Basemark GPU v1.2 benchmarks with 21 GPUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 4, 2020.

1. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    What? Absolutely not. A Turing GPU like your 2080Ti has full DX12 Ultimate featureset, hw accelerated Raytracing, AI acceleration and DirectStorage support.
    It is light years ahead of RDNA1. Light years. Seriously, it is like comparing a modern Ampere GPU to the Fermi architecture.

Expect performance gap to wide far more in the future and even the smallest Turings are going to outperform the 5700XT (actually that is already happening with DLSS and of course RTX) But even without DLSS and RT, once games start using Sampler Feedback, VRS, DirectStorage for SSD data streaming, neural networks for physics and AI via directml, and Mesh Shaders, the 5700XT will suffer dramatically.

PCIe4 doesn't matter in that case.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  2. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Looks good to me?

Attached Files:

DannyD likes this.
  3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yes, of course you are correct and all those things are true. I wasn't saying that PCIe 4.0 mattered in the case of 5700XT vs 2080Ti, just that it is technically superior because of being newer and having more bandwidth than PCIe 3.0. :)

I have no clue how scores scale between Turing and Ampere, but my 2080Ti at 24/7 clocks scores 17,500 on those same settings.

4. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    If you run the default test. It runs in 4k.

Unless you have a 4k worthy card, why would you care about a 4k test.lol.

Just check custom and run the test again at what rez you play games at, or what your monitor is.

I have an old machine with a i7-2600, rx470. 4k.

2001 - not the space film, but my opengl score.

3167 - Vulkan

in 1080p mode. 9300. Which is my monitor rez. Also playing kena bridge of spirits on this very system. Excellent game btw.