Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    This game (or my video driver 20.11.2) crashes constantly. Or a combination of the 2. Thankfully it saves frequently and it loads fast or I don't think I'd keep playing. CB2077 never crashes on the gtx1070 (r5 2600) in our house.

I've also been playing 7 Days to Die recently and it seemed to crash a fair bit too. I think this driver is crap. Or I'm finally starting to experience the 5700XT woes. It runs cool, quiet and runs great other than crashing lately. (CPU is R7 3800X)

RE: gamepad. I use one on my PC for driving in Cyberpunk. Feels much better than keyboard driving. Walking with gamepad is nice too.

Gandul, XenthorX and jura11 like this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, it is a good game as it is, but it could have been witcher level good.

When they delayed it in spring, they should just have delayed it 1,5 years instead of just half a year. In the end it would have worked out better for everyone, and anyone with half a brain would understand that it's better to delay a game, even if it is more than a year, rather than just push it through.

Backstabak likes this.
  3. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    From Igor'sLab:

Up to 17% more FPS at 1080p Ultra! | Cyberpunk 2077 in a big RAM test roundup – clock rates and ranks
    https://www.igorslab.de/en/up-to-17...77-in-big-ram-test-round-trip-rate-and-ranks/

[​IMG]

Edit:
    The Volumetric fog creates a lot of visual glitches,so yeah the game needs a lot of refined work in 3-6 months.
    There are rumors in the wild for Amd Radeon users: the 19.12.1(that driver with old good Settings)provides better Fps,ofc its not optimized for newer games,but you need to tweak the game a little bit.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

It was on PC, CDPR even commented it was on PC and discussed the specs used.
    Most trade show demos are done using a gamepad. And, they most likely locked off a section of the game world specifically for the demo. Having a smaller, more focused section.

5. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    the game looked much better at least from my pov ot im going blind, and in 2018 we didnt have rtx 3090...

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes and downgrade from preview to final version after several years is normal. Thats no secret in game development and could have several reasons. One is performance and stability and many other reasons.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Anyone else still got issues trying to bind the F key to something else ?
    Like i want to pick up things with enter i cant even do that. Because the use key isnt even bindable in this game.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No works fine with xml/json edit like mentioned a few times already.
    Had to remap everything after 1.05 again.

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    I thought the latest patch fixed these things i gues not :(

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Fix what? ^^ you are not suppose to change the f binding to something else. So it’s like before.
    Don’t forget to change “choice1” to the same key for picking up things, interact, etc. too.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    The need to return the investment and pay off the debt. And that sucks. That's why most devs go for EGS deals, to not have to worry about paying back huge loans (we're talking about millions). Just shows that no matter how good you want to make a game, you're still bound to release it in time because of monetary reasons.

What truely makes me wonder is, how will they get a loan for the next big game with such a major release being so catastrophic? (And in business terms, unconditional refunds and the removing out of the PS store are catastrophes)
    How will they fare now that they potentially have to pay back a big part of those 8 million sold copies? Still profitable? Or suddenly in money trouble again, although they won't sell many more copies during the next weeks / months, especially on consoles?

serbicu, XenthorX and JonasBeckman like this.
  12. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Not going to fix there game sorry, i might just wait a few more patches before all keys are bindable.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    So CDPR "may" fix the save bug, they're not sure if they can be arsed yet.

This also means they're selling a broken product on purpose, is that even allowed?

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
  15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    im having a freaking blast with this game..
    Story is exceptional and sucked me right in.. its been a long time since a Game did this.
    It even runs ok and looks really next gen on my Potato PC wich i did not expect.. i mean, it took some fiddling but hey, we are PC Gamers here, right? Thats how we roll^^
    Shure, there are some Bugs here and there, just save your game more often (i only had one bug that keept me progressing the quest line) but most Bugs i encountered were funny and sometimes i cant decide if its an easter Egg or an Bug, wich is positive^^
    i laughed, i was stuned, blinded from the GFX and had a total sensor overload when stepping into the City. Hot damn its big. ANd so rich on details and nuances (a lot of thought went into building this huge City and its souroundings). The way the story is told, how it gives you not too much information so you dont know whats coming and cant really prepare for it, wich i love, it gives you a sense of danger, but enough infos and bites to lure you in. Its something different, more matured and gritty in the way the story is told and what is told. It kinda reminds me, in some spots, to Vampires the masquerade, wich also had a great story and a certain way it was told. How long had i whaited for a truly 18+ rated Game. Not only visual but Story wise.. The colors, the sounds, voice acting and the way the engine handles cut scenes is on a next level. If the bugs and get ironed out. But some Stuff is just stunning, no video, all in realtime and fast switching. i never saw something lie this before in any game engine. They should have taken more time to perfect it, but i see what there where going for. Truly Next Gen... Sadly most people dont see this with all teh Studd thats going on regarding CPR and its managment. Wich i do not excuse, they did some terrible errors on the way.

None the less, the Game can, and i hope it will, become a true Gem.
    I even enjoy teh Gameplay. Fighting is ok, not teh best but after an hour i got used to it and even apprechiate it, theres a lot of fun to have.
    Dunno what people have against the Car handling, i find it , umm, not worse then in GTA. the sound and feel teh car has when driving over teh sides sidewalk and bumps is really good and and enjoyable. its, umm, refreshing, at least for me.

They should never released it on last Gen Consoles though..

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea i cutting back for updates and some quest fixes but i got 60 hours in most side stuff done, and plan to finish soon.

i get annoyed at the immersion breaking after so many hours the games so close the traffic lods seem fixed 1.05 but it seems to break in other ways now like vanishing or blinking in and out.

but the missions, the world, the city when its working is amazing.

and it will support mods.

but i also skipped most videos, articles and etc on this and cold played it but for that one mission they showed at gamescom i saw. and i saw the johnny spolier hard 2 miss that cdpr.

17. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I did the same except I used my edited xml from a few days ago to save time from having to edit the new one from the patch. I hope that doesn't mess up the game but so far it seems to be ok. First I backed up the new xml in case.

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I'm running it on a 5700XT with 20.12.1 drivers with zero issues, not one crash, 2050 core and 1850 memory.
    Your not under volting your card are you? How old is your PSU?

DannyD likes this.
  20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No crashes either. Smooth and stable. Occasional graphical glitches (in Act 2), but otherwise running well.
    Not too keen on the pretentious presentation and convoluted story, but can see potentials for greatness which keeps me going. Reminds me of Deus Ex MD, esp the hacking parts and augments, but CP takes it to another level. Implementation though not as polished as one would hope.

Beware of scams! :D
    Screenshot (17).jpg

fantaskarsef likes this.