Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I love the M60... makes me feel like Adam Baldwin in Full Metal Jacket!

signex likes this.
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I kept losing gunfights with a M60 player upclose against my xm4 lol.
    So I just slide away and avoid him/her.

I wish the ttk was a bit faster, it's too easy to slide away and escape near death.
    Ttk is fast with smgs though, but like others said they're overpowered.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    My 3090 came with COD Black Ops Cold War but its so screwed, its unplayable.
    It crashes more often than not while trying to get it to load, then if anything in Windows asks for the focus it crashes as well.
    When it does eventually run, all the textures are missing most of the time, so I can see through everything, walls, people ...
    The only sign anything is there is when a glass moves or there is a floating gun.
    On one of the first runs there were walls and I could see one of my fellow operatives but the other guy and the enemy were just floating guns.
    Since then it got worse and can barely see anything, its pointless to play.
    I was really looking forward to playing it.

I read that these issues were found by beta testers as well but they didnt report any solution.

Aaaand, I was going to post this but found the problem and almost didnt.
    But I'm posting it anyway, and the solution for me, in case it helps anyone else.

I'm on an age old Windows 10 install that hasnt seen use for years (is now updated)
    Its swap file was set to 4GB size!
    Setting it back to system managed fixed everything apart from an occasional crash.
    This game looks incredible maxed out (single player only so far).
    Lovin it :D

It sure can cache assets. I saw video memory use over 22GB.
    ps on a 5120x1440p display

4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Season 1 kicks off today with new maps, Warzone tweaks and additions and the usual stuff familiar from Modern Warfare's battle passes. If you got CoD points earned in MW, they will of course carry over to Cold War and you can use them to buy your battle pass. Lets get sweatty!

big ROBOT bill likes this.

5. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    New maps!!! :)

6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    So I'm on the fence with this one. After you who own it have had it for sometime now, how does it fare?

Is it worth it for the MP? Love MW2019, but need a change of scene. Let me know.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Get it if you liked the more faster paced gameplay of Black Ops 3 and 4. Steer clear if you want a reskin of MW2019 with the same gunplay.

Regardless of which camp you're in, it's still CoD at its core for good and bad. I like the game because it's just so easy to jump in with a few beers and have a quick blast at the end of a crappy day at work.

Cold War still has its issues, spawns are a bit funky at times and some of the weapon balance needs work but its moving slowly in the right direction. I personally like the MP maps more in Cold War over the ones in Modern Warfare but you'll find a lot of people saying the opposite so all about personal preference I guess. SBMM can be a bit aggressive at times but likely to get tuned more soon.

The Gunsmith I find isn't as well thought out here as it was in Modern Warfare, you get some good attachments early on, making some of the subsequent ones feel a bit pointless but I haven't messed around with all of them enough to give an accurate opinion on it. Also I'm not a big fan of the camos on offer but again, some peeps seem to love em so each to their own, I'm still having fun unlocking them.

I like that the Prestige system is back again, I kinda missed that in MW.

There are plenty of campers if that bothers you but as always theres plenty of ways to deal with them so I haven't found it to be an issue.

Just a few thoughts of mine.

PS. Games on a bit of a sale atm so good time to grab it.

PPS. Single Player was pretty cool!

8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    lol they cocked up the PC patch, in MP you can't join any games running the new maps without getting kicked out with an error code. Crossplay is now disabled while they try and fix it.

Also pre-patch I was averaging about 70 fps which was fine but now I'm getting around 50. Probably a lousy driver or need to redo the shader installation.

[EDIT] PS5 players also reporting fps drops and stuttering issues. Have devs forgotten how to f***ing code or something and does no one test these things anymore ?

[EDIT 2] Rolled back to Nvidia's 456.71 drivers and performance seems more or less normal again ( had the newer CP2077 drivers installed )

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
  9. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    2.6gb update being rolled out now on PC, should hopefully fix the issues.

10. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060 S
    On pre-patch my game runs with stable stable on warzone(105 - 115 fps), but before the patch/integration im loosing about 20 fps + - in the same areas (85 - 95 fps), i hope they fix.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Their last patch totally killed it for me. The weird changes that can be seen in MW2019 now gave me the first crash/back to desktop for at least half a year.
    Then I tried to repair the game, no dice. Now I'm re-downloading the whole thing :D

PS: BO:CW works better now than it did for me during the beta, but it still feels half-a**ed compared to MW2019. So far, I'll stick with the older title even though I really dig the setting of CW...

12. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    Patch fixed the crashing when loading Pines and Raid (PC).

Repo Man and big ROBOT bill like this.
  13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Apparently we got double xp weekend this weekend and 22nd till 28th will be double battle pass xp in mp

14. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I am quite happy with this game, I like the brutal MP in quick match. Kill confirmed does it best, it even makes the campers pop out now and then :)

15. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Im sorry this game was a turn off for me as soon i felt those dated animations and shooting mechanics..

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Why are you here?

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Had some pretty good games last night, lots of trial players around so fresh meat for the grinder! They definitely messed something up with performance though, had to dial my settings way down and the missus who has a slightly newer CPU was getting drops to what looked like 20fps completely randomly, yet she hasn't had issues running the game pre-patch.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    He's giving his opinion on the game, although he has a reputation for leaving repetitive or not entirely clear comments, he's still allowed to state his opinion. Why does this bother you?

@Repo Man Thanks for your feedback, might consider it.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It feels dated in comparison, but I'm not going to ruin the great memory I have of WaW and Black Ops by launching them again after all these years :D

My biggest letdown are the gamemodes though. Hardcore filter only has some few modes, none of which are objective-based (Domination is a mix for me, none of my favorites). So without a proper gamemode, the game has nothing to pull me in any way.
    Somehow even those extremely bright nametags above the player models really do something to me as the looks really turn me down. I can't turn them off completely as I'm playing HC and with the few hours I've spent so far, I have no clue at all which model belongs to which side...

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have a history of having to express my opinion about games which are right on, this game has to have Mw mechanics no matter what