NVIDIA Geforce 460.89 Driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Dec 15, 2020.

1. desmonds99

desmonds99 Guest

GPU:
    Same here. Screen went black after 10 mins in the game with this driver. Been playing for over 30 hrs without issues with previous drivers.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I had a few crashes also with the previous release playing cyberpunk, right after the game loaded the game world, I've been kicked back to the desktop. The weird thing is that they started all of a sudden, yesterday, maybe there are some very resource intensive locations (lots of rt effects) that trigger the video driver crash. I had to slightly lower my GPU's OC and now the game is running just fine.

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Have to agree with a few people these drivers are complete utter crap for Cyberpunk 2077...
    so meny massive dips that where not there before and this is using a 3090..... never have a seen as low a dips as 35fps lol with this card
    these drivers are shite. reccomend you revert back to 460.79 iff you play cyberpunk.

4. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    Has the Devil May Cry 5 DX11 crash bug been resolved?

Tested : I can be sure that there are crash bugs in 460.79 and 460.89

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020

5. Harboe

Harboe New Member

Works fine here with Cyberpunk with all raytraicing, though not ultra, on my "old" 2080.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't remember there being one.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    What if i told you, there was no changes to anything else in this driver from 460.79 except the vk raytracing, meaning any issues you're getting is not the driver at all. :cool:

Proof.
    r460_74-5(79) vs r460_74-7(89)

2 changes checked in,

1st, to merge in VKRT, 2nd to increment the binary versioning.

Do a clean install from a clean boot.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    mirh, Gazebo, Xman01 and 2 others like this.
  8. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Launch the game and you know it....:)

9. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    doesn't the game automatically launches on dx12? Why do you want to go back when the game runs good on dx12

10. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    Who cares, it's just a word of warning to not install these drivers if you have Cyberpunk 2077. What are you going to do fix it? I already did by reverting to previous driver.

11. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    not wdm 2.8

12. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It's important to understand that while you might be having issues, not everyone else is; so warning people not to install a driver because you're having issues with it on your particular system, is not really applicable. It could be a driver issue, it could be your overclock, it could be something else entirely in your system causing an issue. Unless a wide variety of users, using completely different systems, have the same issue only with this driver, we cannot conclude it's driver related, or at least not driver related for everyone.

I have 40+ hours on CP77 with 6+ hours so far on this driver, and I have faced no driver issues; that's with the previous driver and with this one (same performance too). The only issues I've had with the game so far are the bugs that happen in the game, and the bad driving mechanics from pre-2010 era in that game. Still loving the game, but man if it wasn't for the graphics, almost everything else in this game is "last-gen" level, and on top of that, released with so many game glitches and bugs that occur in gameplay. Going to take CDPR months to iron out most of the bugs and issues.

tiliarou likes this.
  13. Legacy79

Legacy79 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF OC 10G
    Why is adaptive power management gone in this and the last driver?
    now, my 3080 doesn't sleep in idle with my 3 monitors.

14. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Have you tried to set Power Management Mode to Adaptive via Nvidia Profile Inspector? Perhaps it still works if the flag is set to it. Or the flag no longer does anything. It might be worth a try.

15. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Which makes me wonder why for so long this is still an issue? High refresh rate displays should never be a problem to Nvidia.

16. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    I don't think it is applicable to the 3000 series anymore. Just optimal pwr saving and max perf.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    100%, something on the system is the actual cause.

not a 465 driver (and 2.8 got skipped)

If i'm interpretting a message from Manuel correctly, engineers have isolated it as a P-state bug

Ampere was using the new behavior since launch, but it wasn't given its own name.

now it has been.

18. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Drivers working fine for me, no issues. Played about 10 hours of Cyberpunk 2077 with these drivers and no crashes for me.

XantaX and pharma like this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    No crashes so far with these.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Gears 5 Hivebusters DLC, pixelated faces flashing in the intro cutscene, 4K max settings(Insane/Ultra/Screen Space Quality/RTX 3080). After the cutscene it seems ok. @ManuelG, tell me if you need extra information.

Example:

https://i.imgur.com/pyra7sQ.jpg