CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I personally think that cdpr is being treated quite unfairly in regards to the release of cyberpunk - with alot of other companies i would heavily question whether a game released in a rough a state (isn't for me though - still haven't experienced any noteworthy issues) would get fixed, but it was pretty much the same deal with witcher 3. It got fixed and is by many considered to be GOAT. Cdpr got a great track record of after release support, and i don't see why it should be any different with this game.

Honestly the old consoles just dont have powerful enough hardware to run any even remotely cpu demanding title, and cdpr probably just shouldn't have sold it on the old consoles, or just flat out said, that the game won't run or look as it does pc or next consoles, and made a hugely downgraded version of the game, with much shorter render distance and using a render "cloud" as old games did to reduce cpu load and get the fps up from 10 to 30 (yeah, it seriously drops to 10 fps on the base xbox one).

It can't be stressed enough though that the old consoles had super weak cpu's even 7 years ago - they use amd jaguar cores at 1,6 ghz, like the athlon 5150 - that cpu has a single thread passmark score of 541... compare that to the 4770k, which was also released 7 years ago, which has a single thead passmark score of 2134 !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(microarchitecture)

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Athlon+5150+APU&id=2208

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=intel+core+i7-4770k+@+3.50ghz&id=1919

The that fact they could even get the game to run on such a weak cpu in the first place is remarkable... but i don't see how they are going to make it run at 30 fps while looking anywhere like the game on pc, cause the cpu is the limiting factor... so it's the scope of things that will have to be drastically reduced... and the scope of the city is really the games primary selling point.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I think you picked the wrong one to actually think I'm CDPR bashing. I'm playing the game, it's fun, just now I lost track of time and played three hours without getting up. And too, I've not posted my opinion about the game or it's state any time before this. And I still remember what a buggy mess Skyrim was, and I still hold that game dear until today, more than 9 years later.

But as they "admit", or see, there's quite a few bugs even them didn't want to have in the game as is. And with the transcript of the link I replied to, it reads like it was pushed out due to management rather than devs saying it's done.
    Hence, there is criticm to give to CDPR, but specifically, as I see it, the age old boring story of "publisher pushes for release even though the game could have taken another half year of testing".

So easy choom. I even agree on your remark to last gen consoles... it's a drag for a (PC) samurai. And I even run a 5 year old CPU (5930K) and am amazed how well it works, all in all.

jura11 and cerebus23 like this.
  3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, i was basically just saying i think cdpr are getting too much flak, and went on a bit of a rant xD Wasn't trying to bash you or anything.

Im using the previous gen version of your cpu - the 4930k... which is actually 7 years old like the consoles! Lol. Just has "slightly" more oomph, especially when OC'ed - 6c/12t like yours, it just has roughly 10% less IPC :)

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Hasn't anyone learned the real reason to all these issues with the "game?" The side job with the prophet should have enlightened everyone. All the issues were caused by those bastages from Alpha Centuri.

5. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    my first game got this Lmao !!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Turanis, XenthorX, Gandul and 2 others like this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, and I jumped onto 1440p as well a few years ago, I guess that eases the burden. But yes, generally I think the game works pretty okay technical wise. Bugs are bugs, and I'm not going to talk about last gen console performance, obvious bugs aside, it runs like I would have expected on my hardware.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  7. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Fresh lol...
    Guess you have never played remember me?
    This game has copied from past titles including the Tom diner batman scene.
    Gaming plagiarism at its best .

8. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Whoa, police came, and after starting to shot at them they chased and started shoting from car....
    So there is hope, probably bug and not braindead AI like they said...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Remeber Me, is one of the game I would never played if not for Playstation plus give it away back in the day, it was VERY GOOD GAME to bad it was short and main feature of the game under used

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Noticed something interesting... it appears that photo mode has a much more aggressive cut off for lighting effects than normal gameplay has. Also the photomode appear to be notably sharper - also ingame.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont see difference from those 2 image other then the guy in back that redlight on his face? cigar? and the 2 light behind him missing which honestly took me 20 minutes to even see , I do see that 18 fps though

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Turning down the crowd size to medium was one of the best things I've done since release. Driving feels a lot smoother and with less people and cars all over the place there's less chance of strange bugs it seems. I played for four hours straight last night and didn't notice one anomaly.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If you open the images in fullsize and go back and forth between them, it's easy to see.

Fps doesn't matter for screenshots - image quality does.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah like said other then stuff in the way way back i dont see any diffrence let alone something I would notice playing, but i guess those little diffrence stick out more to other people, it is odd that gameplay have farther out cut off point then photo mode though

15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm still around 3 hours in, not touched in 4 days as been busy, i'll maybe dive in tonight, got some great games here but this is the one i'm into.
    Out of these only the delightful Control i've finished, just around 5 hours into rdr2 and not touched it for ages, i do love it though, but CP2077 is special i don't care what the haters say.
    *No doubt you folks are more surprised its not a bot *sry a RT On Off pic.

[​IMG]

Passus and Noisiv like this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Ofc you wont notice it during gameplay, as it only happens in photomode. But it's the kinda stuff that becomes noticable on screenshots, which the photomode is for. If anything it should be the other way around - longer lighting distance in photomode.

DannyD likes this.
  17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Tell that to person that was responsible for writing photomode, they obviously though it was the opposite:eek:

Photo mode use use highest possible setting cause really only doing static image

18. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    Worked fine for me until the first patch. Now I have to keep the FOV below 75 before it does that. 90 FOV is useless now in photo mode.

19. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Started over because i chose the wrong stuff to upgrade. Feels much easier now that i know what my playstyle is.

Made this hot corpo redhead. ;)

photomode_15122020_225108.jpg

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I've considered starting over now that I have a much better grip on the game overall after 23 hours in, but I'm gonna push through. I really wanna experience as as much of the story as possible so I know what not to choose on my second run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.