CD Projekt RED Apologizes For Buggy Cyberpunk 2077 Release, Offers Refunds

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 14, 2020.

1. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Funny how ppl were "defending" the delays...

2. 3ll10t

3ll10t Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Ti
    Well you are out in the middle of nowhere. I also have a 1080ti and I definitely don't get 70+ FPS in Night City even on Medium-High. Try it in front of V's building, it's gonna be around 40 on Ultra.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Blame the people.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    The game was not ready to be released and should NEVER been release on PS4/ONE or the pro/x should only been pc and ps5/x-s none images show in trailers for playstation or Xbox comercials are show actual footage from ps4/one pro/x those are from PC or very lest from ps5/x-s verisons that arnt even released

5. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Nvidia GTX
    Yes, yes...apologize for your disaster and false advertising with the sys req!!! Freaking 5950x is a "bottleneck" to your incompetence with programming! CDPR should be really ashamed!

H83 likes this.
  6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Are you actual running window 10 or still windows 7 if you runing windows 7 still alot features are striped from the game it bound to run faster, if you are windows 10 you must have a magically driver or something cause hilberts own reviews of performance contradict yours and i more incline to belie hilbert, you are kind know to be troll at times specially when come to amd

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there are no features missing on windows 7.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    How so last i check DX 12 is not fully support in windows 7 hence not are features are there. less that has changed

9. no_1_dave

no_1_dave Master Guru

GPU:
    Witcher 3 was a buggy mess when it was first released.
    They fixed that and now everybody has forgotten how bad it was and has crowned it one of the best games ever.

I think we just need to give Cyberpunk a bit of time. Although, I personally haven't encountered many bugs at all, definitely no game breaking ones

10. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    That desert intro part is the easiest part of game for systems to run - even mentioned in one youtube review - the PS4 was even able to get 60FPS in this place. It is when you get into the city and do the free driving around city that is the hardest as all the textures have to be streamed in from disc in realtime as you move fast from one place to another. The PS4 was dropping to about 20fps in these areas.

I'm only getting about 30fps using 3900X and 1070 at 1440P @ HIGH settings. Might try running at 1080P and see how faster it is.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020

11. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What does this mean?

AlmondMan likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/porting-directx-12-games-to-windows-7/

CP2077 is one of them,

12on7 gets a full implementation of DX12_1 (bar some DXGI specific things and DirectMath) to the level of what was available with Win10 1809 including DXR.

13. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    No refunds for PC?
    May be it has been already crakced (no DRM) .....

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Then in that case it "should" not matter does not change that his results are wildly different from hilbert 1080ti scores special at 2k

15. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I havent really encountered any real bugs either but then again I dont play on a prebuilt picked up at bestbuy.:

16. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I made a mistake in my post - my game is actually at default HIGH settings, not MEDIUM settings and yes getting around 34FPS.

17. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    I wonder if I should play this at 1080p on medium or just give it a rest and wait until I can buy a new GPU and play it at better quality on my monitor's native resolution...

Not in any rush... I guess it's all about the experience, and right now it's not a very good one.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Imo Nvidias fault. Pumping 'coercive' development money into CDPR and doing all they can to make the title so difficult to play that gamers will be forced to upgrade their HW. And to hell with older platforms, consoles that would suffer in the process. Also CDPR fault for giving in. Will probably not touch this game until RTX 4xxx series is out.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  19. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I kind of agree, and partially don't. Sure they should have play tested this more, so that the last gen consoles perform better without visual bugs.
    But on the other hand, there's only so much scalability to an engine so that it looks great on the upper spectrum of platforms and hardware, and that it still runs on lower end of the spectrum (typically, older consoles in terms of focus on development).
    Also I wondered about this: did Sony offer the right API / technical framework on the PS4 to handle what the game actually does? Are those issues (aside obvious bugs that are present in all version on all platforms) maybe related to the PS4's "drivers"?

20. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I do not want a refund, thanks though. I have 10.6 hours into the game and it has been playing great, at least so far.